Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
After getting 18, 19, and Videl out of my first draws, I decided to make a team of half androids and half wives. After that I got Burter and Jeice (really lucky since they both link up doubly) and then... another 19 (you can only have 1 of each character in your party) and the exact same Jeice.

I wish we could trade with our friends, I'd gladly trade for someone's duplicate Dr. Gero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah I got two types of 19 and two of the same Jeice. Thanks for the tip though, I fused my Jeices and got another Chinese Prince Gohan to do the same with him.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

:siren:Info on Dokkan Awakening from Reddit:siren:

but basically any SR Frieza (including a SR version of final form frieza that we havent gotten yet) can become SSR Gold Frieza, both SR Roshi's can become SSR Roshi, both R Chi Chis can become SR Kid Chi Chi but the rest require specific cards that can become other cards

You're burying the lede here.

We're getting Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyawoman!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Finally Z-Awakened a character that wasn't just training fodder. PHY Android 19, since he compliments my Android 18 main, plus Chinese Prince Gohan. PHY 19 is a serious tank.

Still need about 20 more stones to do a multipull. I'm doing story quests to try to make enough stones.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Still no Mecha Freeza. I tried fighting him on hard, but I got him down to something like double digit health and then he killed me. I have one really good PHY card, but only one.

I'm saving up my stones for a multi-roll so I can't try to roll another just yet. I do have an N PHY Spopovich, do you think if I Z-Awakened him he would do any good?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Nuebot posted:

My team is mostly made of non-awakened R PHY dudes so probably. Also don't be afraid to use the health restore drinks, green cans especially. Mecha Frieza seems to drop them at a pretty good rate.

I did, I used both a green and a Blue can and Freeza still beat me. :negative:

I kept getting really bad arrangements of Ki spheres though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Never did get a Mecca Freezer. On the other hand, doing a bunch of missions has given me enough Dragon stones to do a multi-summon.

Ehhhhh...

I already have that Videl and that TEQ Raditz, and that SR Master Shen doesn't link up to my SR Master Roshi. At least I can boost a few of their supers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

A new story event is coming up where you can get R Bardock, However, it also says there's a chance for a "secret character" (that I'm never going to get). Looks like either Prince or King Vegeta.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Tae posted:

Kill me

Huh I din't know they had two R PHY Android 19's. I use the one on the left on my main team, he's a tank.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Finally got a Strike event card by beating King Cold on Hard. I don't have any Freezas but at least he can link up with a bunch of my other (mostly PHY) characters with "Tough as Nails"/"Brutal Beatdown".

They should have a "Bad Dad" Link Skill with all the other terrible dads. King Cold, Bardock, King Vegeta, Goku, and Piccolo Daimao.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Aw they fixed a bug that let you have Freeza Armor Gohan and Chinese Prince Gohan on the same team.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Upcoming Strike Event (It's not live yet) is Piccolo Jr.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah Gohan drops every time you complete the final mission on Normal. He doesn't drop on any other difficulty.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Goku was Super Saiyan during my single pull, so I was stoked to see what I was going to get.

It was a SR STR Videl, the third different kind of STR Videl I've gotten. Why?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Once we get Dokkan Awakening you can turn her into a SSR Great Saiyaman.

Oh poo poo, well in that case I'm making her part of my main team

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

What's the best way to level up Normal characters, in order to awaken them and use them as training fodder? I know if you beat the first level of the Bardock Event on hard you could easily level an N card all the way to 20 in one go. Are there any levels in the main quest that let you do that?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I never got that fucker Pikkon to drop.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Got Veggie on my first Hard run. Gonna farm it to level him up, then use him to farm Taopaipai.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

cptn_dr posted:

Man, they're giving out Kid Goku like candy. This is great.

Too bad I already leveled my Kid Goku up to lvl 80. At least I can boost up his super.

cptn_dr posted:

Double Edit: On the subject of that TEQ Goku, you can now farm the event - he auto drops on Z-Hard, so it's trivially easy to get his Super Attack up to 10 now.

Ooh, cool. I didn't want to Dokkan awaken my Goku since I had a ton of good AGL fighters and few TEQ ones, but now I can get 20 of them to have two lvl ten dudes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Huuuuge missed opportunity not to call this summon event a "Super Saiyan Bargain Sale"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

For some reason the "Kamehameha" link doesn't work anymore. I tried it with a few different characters but I couldn't get it to trigger.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Cozz posted:

I hope we get Ginyu Goku as a character. Then you might be able to have a team full of Goku's. I'm also disappointed that we didn't get more Dragon Balls.

That would own, but you can field an entire team of Gokus already. Goku, Kid Goku, Kaioken Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan 2 Goku, Angel Goku. Pretty heavily weighted toward AGL though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I must've done the Pikkon event nearly fifty times by now, and I still haven't gotten one.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I finally got Pikkon. Complaining on the internet really works.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echophonic posted:

How does Kaioken Goku stack up? I got one last night from a drunken stone buy. He seems pretty good and I remember reading he hits like a truck? Shame about his links. Doesn't even have Z-Fighters.

I have one. It's about what you said. Doesn't have a great leader skill and just a couple of okay links, but he has killer attack power and get +2000 ATK on top of it.

Unless you have a better AGL SSR, there's no reason not to use him.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Diabetic posted:

I've tried to find some charts to list it but is there a source to find all the Frieza medals to get to Awaken to Golden Frieza?

Here you go, go down to "Dokkan Awaken"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Cozz posted:

not like the stage where you fought SSGSS Vegeta and Goku.

Yeah that stage sucked because in order to beat them I needed my characters to be fully leveled already.

I got a bunch of SR and SSRs from that 20 stone multipull, hope I can use this level them up.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

New stages own. Beerus and Whis are pushovers, and they net you tons of EXP.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echophonic posted:

On Z-Hard? I haven't even managed to clear it. What are you running for them to be pushovers?

So far I've been running it on Hard with a crew of low level, unawakened fighters to train them up. Haven't even needed to use a healing item. I haven't bothered with Z-Hard yet since I don't have any strong INTs I want to train up.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Are there fewer INT type characters than others? I have tons of great AGL and STR fighters, plenty of decent PHY and TEQ types, but I've pulled maybe two SR INTs, no SSR INTs, and my best INT characters are King Vegeta and Kid Chi-Chi.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Added myself to the GoogleDoc. My leader is usually whoever I need to level up (probably an AGL type).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Man the World Tournament was awesome, managed to get a bunch of SSRs and SRs to max level. Don't have enough medals to Z-Awaken them all though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Cozz posted:

I did a multi-pull, and I got a message on screen with SSJ Goku saying "That's enough Frezia" or something...and got 3 SR STR Chiaotzu and a bunch of rares.

What do all the different things on the summon screen mean anyway? I know Super Saiyan means you're pulling a SR or above, and I assume Mr. Satan getting sucked into the meteor is something good because I got him when I rolled 3 SSRs in a multipull. Not sure about the other things like rainbow text, Saiyan pods, pictures of SSJ Gokus, etc.

On one of my recent DB stone summons I got Angel Goku popping up with his trademark "BYE GUYS!" Then the Scouter exploded and I got SSR STR Kid Goku.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm already up to 333 fruit medals without even trying to grind for them.

I tried that challenge to defeat Turles on Z-Hard with an all AGL team.

Very first turn Turles one hit kills my UR SSGSS Vegeta. :saddowns:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Cool, I already have TEQ Vegeta, Mighty Mask, and King Vegeta. I need to level up my Videl before I can Dokkan-Awaken her, but otherwise I should be in pretty good shape.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Did a special multipull. Got 80% duplicates, and I already have three other STR SSRs. Might still have been worth it? Not sure.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'll probably roll with SSJ3 Goku in my normal lineup. Wish I could get a good INT fighter instead of another STR though.

ChronoReverse posted:

I wish I had a SS3 Goku to pull dupes for.

No I meant all the other card were dupes, except for Goku and Goten.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Somehow I have more Kami, Guru, and Babadi medals than Mutaito, Shen, and Popo medals.

What's the best way to get Rare medals? Just running the daily events on hard all day?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

SSJ Goku and Roshi can be dokkan awakened too. Grats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah I think I'm gonna give up on beating STR Broly. One super attack killed me in one hit even with UR AGL SSGSS Vegeta blocking, and even though I've got four Z-awakened characters with Blazing Battle, none of them are AGL so they barely do any damage. Plus it seemed like only the BB linked characters did any damage, since even when I had two of them linked and an AGL SS Goku the Goku did no damage.

Aurora posted:

This event seems bad if you're not a whale

Yeah, pretty disappointed by this event. At least I got a PHY Broly.