Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

On one hand a SSR isn't really needed, but on the other hand rerolling is really easy, if a bit mind-numbing (be sure to have something else to do while doing it)

How long are transfer codes active? I still have a spare SSR Trunks account and a spare SSR Goku, but I haven't played them in a while. They're 2-3 (crappy) rolls into the game already, but hey - SSR is SSR and if somebody here wants one of those just say something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Still no Mecha Freeza. I tried fighting him on hard, but I got him down to something like double digit health and then he killed me. I have one really good PHY card, but only one.

I'm saving up my stones for a multi-roll so I can't try to roll another just yet. I do have an N PHY Spopovich, do you think if I Z-Awakened him he would do any good?

I think every event on hard can be done by a pure Z-Awakened N-Team. I did Freeza with my lvl20 SSR Freeza (who doesn't do poo poo with PHY guys and is weak against INT, I just took him for the Xp), a non-awakened PHY #18 and a bunch of Z-Awakened PHY normals. If you're unlucky you need a potion or two, but having enough counters is so much more important for those single type events than using Rs or SRs.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Yes. I don't think support items even drop on Korin's Tower. I finally got it complete when I got super lucky and got like 13 in one go.

You sometimes get training locations to drop, I don't think they count.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Goku was Super Saiyan during my single pull, so I was stoked to see what I was going to get.

It was a SR STR Videl, the third different kind of STR Videl I've gotten. Why?

Once we get Dokkan Awakening you can turn her into a SSR Great Saiyaman. There's only a handful of SRs I'd rather get, so don't throw her away. Her passive looks ok too.

Got 5 SRs with my multipull, which is really good. No future androids though, which is all I want from this event. Don't even care about Gohan or Cell, although their supers look pretty cool.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

CappyBottoms posted:

Wait what is a dokkan awaken and how is it different from an awakening and a z-awakening?

It turns specific completely maxed out Z-Awakened characters into completely new ones (lvl1 and everything), the only thing that carries over is the super-level.
For example a lvl80 SR* Agl Muten Roshi turns into a lvl1 SSR Max Power Muten Roshi, who then can be leveled again (and Z-Awakened to UR* at level 80, like any normal SSR card)
There's a list on reddit for which character can turn into what, I think the big SSRs you can get are two different Muten Roshis, Android 13, a bunch of Golden Freezas, 3 Great Saiyamen (2 Videl, 1 Gohan) and Cooler.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Got Pikkon on my first Hard run. Is he any good?

He's a great AGL leader and has a strong passive. No idea how high his stats are, but that alone makes him pretty good.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

He's no Determined Defender for sure, but I'm pretty sure no other SR beats that one anyway. I'm a big fan of Kamehameha links and especially on a blue team where you can stack 3-5 gokus + 2 Pikkons and just shoot supers every turn.
Pretty sure Angel Goku, Kid Goku, Determined Defender, SSJ and SSJ2 + 2 Pikkons are the most broken single color team you can get.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

zelah posted:

Is this the third kid Gohan event? That's a bummer.

Its only till monday.

We got Dokkan Awakening yesterday, get a new pull event tomorrow, a new strike event sunday and hopefully a new story event tuesday. Sounds good to me.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

There's also a good chance the next new pull is Kaio-ken Goku which I so want.

Yes please. Kaioken and Genkidama Goku are the only cards I'd actually reroll for. I really want one of those

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Syrant posted:

Is Sucessor Gohan different from Exploding Rage Gohan? I didn't think you could have more than one character in a team... unless Teen and Kid Gohan are considered different.

Yeah, there's a difference. Not in age, just in name. Bardock and SSJ Bardock are different types and can be used in the same team, Goku, Goku (Kid), Goku (Angel), Goku (Kaioken), Goku (Super Saiyan) and Goku (Super Saiyan 2) can also all be used in the same team and so on.
Successor of the Strongest - Super Saiyan Gohan (Teen). The bold part is whats important for team building, so you could use him with Gohan (Kid), Gohan (Teen), if we ever get a non-SSJ version or SSJ Gohan (Adult) when we get to the Buu saga.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

KidneyKai posted:

I have just received the level 59 Kid Goku. Is it worth feeding it to my already max level, Z-Awakened Kid Goku to level up the special attack or feed it to another character?

Yeah, you should always level the special attack. That goes double for characters with Kamehameha links and/or catastrophic damage on their special. Only exception is something like a second SSR Freezer, where you can Dokkan Awaken one of them once we get to the RoF story.

Is there any story mission thats worth farming for zeni? All those strike characters are destroying my savings and I don't think I have time (and stamina) to run Hercule over the weekend when I also have to farm as many Mecha Freezers as possible.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 24, 2015

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

I sure wish I had SSRs to use my three Supreme Kai's and two Old Kai's that are collecting dust.

Someday you'll be able to dokkan awaken yourself some nice SSR. I don't get everyones fascination with having as many SSRs as possible anyway. 'Uhhh, my multi summon only had 6 SRs and no SSRs, this game is crap" "Uhhhh, I only have a xeno trunks and a piccolo, I wouldn't even awaken those crap SSRs'

Yes, I rerolled for that Kaioken Goku. And I would do so again :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Is it too early for the tournament mode?

Probably. The bardock story event last exactly as long as the current summon event, so I expect they go for BoG content for pulls and story next. Maybe Buu saga content, we've had Buu and Majin Vegeta in the game since forever with no way to get them, although there's no Buu story event if I remember correctly.
I'm pretty hyped about the Bardock event, its the first time I should be able to farm Chilled/Freeza and maybe even go for Kid Vegeta. Maybe they'll even bring back the missions.

I think it starts tomorrow btw, the news says Wednesday, but it also says 27th. The saiyan event ends tonight too and they normally don't announce content 4 days in advance.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I don't envy the development / operations team right now. Lot of nerds mad about their dragon ball right now.

It's reddit. If they wouldn't be angry about maintenance, they'd be angry because the update is not everything they wanted, at once. Or about not getting the card the want, afterall they spend 30 stones and only got 2 SRs.
I hope no developer goes there for anything more than a good laugh.

Still looks like there's something mightily wrong with all those delays (its pushed back another 2 hours). Probably can't (or aren't allowed) to fix this themselves, so they have to get the fix from Japan.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Chilled is absolutely broken. Unless you have a SR TEQ #17 you should never ever think about getting rid of him.
Mighty Mask is still a +3 Ki Leader and a SR. Unless you have 6 better SR TEQs you shouldn't think about getting rid of him either, and even then its debatable (since you can farm him to SA 10, which ups his power by a lot. You also need him for a special link that gets added when we get the Broly event (among other cards, but again: He's easily farmable and will be one of your easier cards to get that link with)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

Edit: I assume there'll be as much grinding involved as there is for Dokkan awakening Android 13. Good lord that's a lot of medals...

Or its like the Broly event, where you need special characters with special links to do special things in order to remove the special thing Cell does, so you do more than 10 damage per attack.

In other news, Ressurection of Freeza is incoming and with it a free SR Super Cyan Goku! Its a decent enough SR card, good leader skill, good attack, extreme super, a somewhat hard to use passive.
The real power is in the links though, Kamehameha and SSJ are always good and he shares +15% ATK and +700 ATK with Golden Freeza, while also being Int.
So I hope you all farmed your Mecha Freezas, because those three alone makes an awesome Int team (when all three are on the field Golden Freeza gets a nice +1400 ATK, +30% ATK and +2 KI) and are basically free.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Blew 200 stones, got the SSB Goku :toot:
Sadly no Vegeta, but I got the SR Tien and Roshi too, so I take that as a win.

Aurora posted:

Is there any specific Frieza I should want for dokkan?

Mecha Freeza is your man. Great passive, decent stats, relatively easy to get to SA10. If you somehow manage to pull 2 SSR TEQ Freezas you can Dokkan Awaken one of them, it literally turns into the Gacha Golden Freeza in green.
Final Form Freeza (AGL) is the poor mans substitution, you get him from the RoF event and he has a decent stat-line, but his leader skill and passive are crap.
Basically every Freezer stays what they are, they just turn SSR and get better stats/passive. Better SR Freeza means better Golden Freeza.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Ditto for me. Did a multi hoping for bluper, got SSJ2 Gohan. I guess I can eventually replace my SSR Phy Gohan now, but the latter does have Super level 10.

Have 50 stones for another pull and I don't know if I should go another round or wait for the "Part 2" that is hinted at for Whis/Beerus.

You could just use both? SSR Phy Gohan is the best Phy card right now, with SA10 I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Pretty sure Part 2 is SSB Vegeta + Whis, Beerus comes with the SSG Goku in BoG.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

How does Kaioken Goku stack up? I got one last night from a drunken stone buy. He seems pretty good and I remember reading he hits like a truck? Shame about his links. Doesn't even have Z-Fighters.

He's good, but his time will really come once we get SSG Goku (they link for +5 Ki) and SSJ3 Goku (+3 Ki). He's best in an AGL team with Pikkon lead right now (+2 Ki Link and +3 Ki leader). His super attack is unique, the bonus attack stays for the rest of the fight, so you want to get that off asap. It's also my favourite character :downs:
He's not that good in a rainbow team right now, unless you have a 3rd/4th form Freeza, since he really really wants those Ki links.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Does SSB Vegeta need the same medals for leveling up as police Krillin or does he use the normal ones?

All gacha cards use normal awakening medals (at least until we get the Tree of Might summon), so no.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The japanese version has some GT characters in the gacha, but no story stuff so far

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Any advice to a newbie on Dokken? I managed to get the ssr frieza (final not golden) from the resurrection of f and have imperfect cell and that teq Goku from that event. What is awaken? Who would it be worth it on? Should I go for the five stone characters or do the stones come easier later and try for the x50 then?

Awakening is using awakening medals (the purple capsules on the ground) to boost the stats of your cards. You can awaken each card between 2 and 5 times, depending on rarity and when you did that (and the character is max level), it will be Z-Awakened, massively boosting their stats, increasing the rarity, giving it Super/Extreme status and increasing the level cap by 20. Its worth for every card you use. You can easily farm the medals during their daily events (AGL/TEQ/INT/STR/PHY from monday - friday).

Dokkan awakening is a step further, it can only be used on specific cards, needs specific medals (mostly from time limited events, like the Ressurection F stuff right now) and turns a max level, Z-Awakened card into a completely new lvl1 card. The new card is (with one exception) a higher rarity than before (meaning better stats, super attack, passives and so on) and since its new, can be awakened again, so its generally a big deal and the easiest way to get yourself the highest rarity cards.

SSR Freeza is a complete monster and a really really great starter character. Imperfect Cell is good and the event TEQ Goku is also a strong starter character (and can be dokkan awakened later), so you're off to a good start. Tonight you'll also get a SR Int Goku (which can be used with your TEQ Goku) for free. In general you want to use the 50 stone summon, it only has upsides, though it wouldnt be wrong to just use your first few stones to replace all the N-cards with Rs or higher on your team.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

The problem is that the enemies that drop Bulma also drop 18 and Marin.

also gently caress that frieza and krill have such a low encounter rate on z-hard and a garbage drop rate on top of it

I'm probably very lucky then, because I had 100% Freeza drop rate so far and roughly 50% spawn rate (on Indefectible Invasion, which adds another rng factor with the clouds though)

The Resurrection F event is fantastic. Short stages without mandatory fights and a bunch of U-rare capsules everywhere. I suppose the enemies could be a bit harder and I would've liked if we did the flashback sequences from Freezas perspective. Getting the awakening medals is much easier than expected though, which is nice too.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Ah, forgot about the STR one. I just remember the AGI one getting a lot of criticism around launch. He seems solid enough, despite the passive, and will work quite well with SSJ2 Gohan and Kaioken Goku. Plus more variety in the ol' SSJ Team can't hurt.

He's probably the worst SSR, and with Gohan and Kaioken Goku he wouldn't make your tournament team, but he's still a SSR so he packs quite the punch. Since you can't cheese STR enemies with -ATK leaders like every other type a strong AGL lineup is pretty important, so I'd awaken him. He lacks Shocking Speed/Strongest Duo on Earth, but that goes for Gohan as well, so just put them next to each other and watch the links explode.

SSJ Adult Gohan is really strong. Not quite as good as his teen version, especially if he is SA10, but probably still better than Piccolo/Xeno Trunks.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Squallege posted:

I've almost got a full Gohan team. I just wish they'd release a Mystic Gohan card

I may or may not be saving all my leftover stones for exactly this (it helps that he's basically a Top3 card in Japan, with a place in literally every rainbow team ever)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How about a better way to spend your stones?

Someone on reddit pulled the tournament mission list from Bandai.

Don't be fooled by the dragonstone prices. You have to spend quite a few stones on stamina to get anywhere near 100 wins.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

For King Kold you want the SR Jeice.

For Vegeta and Pikkon it's Chilled

For Jackie Chun and Mighty Mask it's SR Guldo I think.

I don't know what the Anti-STR card is

No Anti-STR card sadly. Thats why having a strong AGL team is important (and why Z-Hard Bojack was such a bitch to bring down). You can kinda sorta maybe cheese with double Guard passives (that means R #18 and R Raditz blocking every other turn for -30% damage)
Anti-TEQ is one of the Int Dr Geros
Anti-AGL is TEQ #17, double Chilled sadly isn't enough to reduce damage to 10. Its still good though.
There are some other ways (SR TEQ Chiaotzu has a passive -25% AGL reduction for example, you can go him + one -25% leader against AGL Freeza in the Bardock story since he only attacks every 2nd/3rd turn)

But yeah, you cannot overstate how loving good those cards are. Freeza doesn't only do 10 damage against z-awakened TEQs, he does 10 damage to literally everything. Even non-awakened STR cards.

If you don't have one those to farm Z-Hard, just get the dokkan medals before the RoF event is gone. The Strike events cycle quickly, we should get another shot at Mecha Freeza before Christmas.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I actually think INT is the easiest to get a good team of.

I know, Kid Vegeta has a completely horrible drop rate (I easily did 50 tries last Bardock event without getting a single spawn), but all the free cards fit together relatively well - SSB Goku with Golden Freeza, Golden Freeza with SSB Goku/Mecha Freeza/Kid Vegeta, King Vegeta with Mecha Freeza/Kid Vegeta. Also all of those cards are pretty good on their own, stats and passive-wise.

I think PHY is the worst type so far, King Cold and Piccolo Jr have terrible links outside of Bombardment, Majin Buu has no Revival partner in PHY, Piccolo/Xeno Trunks are bad, PHY SSJ Vegeta is very defensive. At least we have SSJ Gohan (both of them) and the RoF Vegeta, but thats just half a team.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Super Trunks is so good, that passive is really solid. I'd argue he's probably better in the general case than either SSGSS SSR on their own. Gets a bit sketchy if you have both or Vegeta with the SR Goku, since those links they share are pretty crazy. He also shares 5 links with SSJ Trunks, who is already one of the more consistent SSJs.

Super Trunks is the Vegeta family version of SSR Stroku (same with SSR Int Trunks and Int Gohan). No Kamehameha is ok, Vegeta Family link is just as good (with less link partners though) but trading Saiyan Warrior Race for Z-Fighters hurts for SSJ teams. He's still super good (same with the TEQ Goku. Yes, he has Infighter, but thats still better than only having 4 links like most SSJ)

I dont like the SSB that much with no Ki links and a passive that needs 12 Ki, but you can always pair them with a Freeza if you only have one.

I just got the TEQ Goku on a random single pull. Really happy with him, good TEQ cards for a rainbow team are so hard to get. Now I have to save all my stones for the tournament, I really want top 5000 and the 100 wins.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

Why are we saving stones for the world tournament? Stamina restoration? Or does it cost stones to play?

60 stamina for a run (4x15), 100 wins for a SSR ticket. In 5-7 days, so yeah, stamina restoration.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It always has been 5-7 days long in the japanese version, 2 weeks sounds highly unlikely. The goal, as annoying as that sounds, is to get rank 214, which means 120 stamina and 2 runs with 1 refill.
But 84 stones for a SSR is pretty good (the rate is not even 2% on normal rolls), especially if you count the extra DS you get from the tournament missions.

Btw, tournament missions dont carry over between tournaments - you want the SSR, you have to do 100 in one run.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

Quick question: are these runs going to be against other users' decks, or just random card assortments because if you have to fight a deck full of level 100 super saiyans this could suck and cost way more than 50 stones

Against other users decks with rougly the same team cost as yours.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

drat. Well not so much drat since its a cool event, but do I pull or do I bash my head at the 'lowest droprate in the loving game'-wall to get Cooler?

Though maybe they'll feature him together with other Freeza forms since I still need to replace my dokkan'd 2nd form.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

isme posted:

I am fine that Coora is a low drop rate (took about 12 attempts for my first one), but do they have to put the Coora also in the summon pool? I did 4 summons to get 2 usual trash Rs and 2 Cooras. I rather spend 20 gems burning stamina to farm 10 Coora than to take my chances to pull two.

He's basically not a drop, just a summon. When the event was in Japan the last time people mostly needed 100+ runs to get one, some went 250 runs without a drop. 12 attempts is about as lucky as single pulling a SSR. Probably more so

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

*Runs Strongest Clan about eight million times*

*Finally sees a battle card drop*

*So excited!!!!*

*mecha frieza*

I wanted to warn you about this too, but then I thought it would be funnier to just wait.

On another note, 2 multipulls: TEQ Raditz, AGL #18 and a bunch of rares. Got my Kid Vegeta though, only took about 80 runs.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I die maybe once after a full stamina bar against the strongest clan on Z-Hard, and that's SUPER my own fault of not paying attention. I have yet to get EITHER Mecha-Frieza or Cooler to drop during the event.

Yeah, but Bojack is not Strongest Clan. Bojack is a loving monster and eats even very good AGL teams for breakfast. And Gohans drop rate really is good enough on Hard.

Did 3 single summons after my terrible multi summons and got Cooler, 2nd form Freeza and 3rd form Freeza :shrug:, which are the 2 Freezas I still needed after my RoF Dokkan spree. Guess I can count myself pretty lucky after all, now lets hope I get a Videl or two tomorrow.

If you don't have a good rainbow lead, tomorrow is a good chance to get one on a budget: The SR STR Videl dokkans into SSR Great Saiyaman, with +25% ATK lead and +1000 ATK for allies passive. Her stats, like all dokkan-characters, aren't particularly great and her links need a Gohan-Saiyaman, but if you can get both together they're absolutely nuts (+25% ATK and +4 KI). She's also future proof, with links to counter both Broly and Kid Buu. And the icing, the SR STR Gohan-Saiyaman is free during the event (you can even farm SA10 for him), so both are a pretty big deal for a STR team, especially since free STR cards are hard to get (only Cyborg Tao and R Vegeta so far).
TLDR: Do this event or you will regret it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Oh yeah, Bojack was a bitch and a half, I was just saying in comparison. :(

Sorry, didn't want to sound rude. Yeah, Strongest Clan should be done on Z-Hard, the droprate is dumb enough as it is.

You can Dokkan the SR STR videl and the new SR TEQ Videl (STR is straight up better in every way though), none of the R ones. You can also Dokkan STR R Adolescent Gohan (drops during the event) and SR AGL Gohan (from the new Gacha). Obviously the AGL is stronger, but the STR still has its place with potential SA 10 and linking with Videl in STR teams.

I really wish we had a good PHY Battlefield Diva, the link is amazing and I want to build a tournament team with it. Now I have to settle for a STR team instead.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Did a pair of 10-pulls, got SR AGL Gohan, another SR STR Videl, and two TEQ Videl. Seems like you only get enough medals to do one of each? I figure SR Gohan and STR Videl are the hot picks.

Z-Hard Pilaf Robot is not loving around. :catstare:

You can do two of each, they need different medals. Just have to farm 60 Bulmas.

Got SR Nail and SR SSJ Goten from my multipull, sometime tonight my resistance will erode and I will do another one. Or two. Or enough to get a Videl

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

the_steve posted:

And I'm looking forward to Saiyaman 2 becoming my second UR ever, since the RNG gives all of my good pulls to Echophonic and I have naught to show for my Dragon Stone expenditures (Give me back my Super Saiyans!! :arghfist::saddowns: )

I had built up 20 free stones, did the single pulls:
R Teq Chaozu
R Phy #19
R Phy Yajirobe
R Str Chichi

After the 10th or so SR Zarbon from a multipull, I decided I would never spend money on stones again. So far, I've managed to stick to it.

Did another 2 multipulls and got no banner-card. Or anything useful really, so I'm with you there.

Echophonic posted:

STR Videl gets a +25% atk for all as a leader and a +1000 for allies as a passive. She's prettymuch Girl SSJ Bardock and her SR version isn't really impressive enough to use.

The counterpoint is that Battlefield Divas only has his new Videl so far for TEQ, so awakening her gives a pretty solid TEQ member for a team like that. On the other hand, TEQ Videl is way stronger at SR compared to STR. 5700 attack on an SSR* is nothing to sneeze at.

Both have merits, but STR Videl gets the bigger boost of the two. I'd say STR's probably better, but it's not as clear-cut as SR vs R Gohan to Great Saiyaman.

I'm looking at the data on dbz.space and it looks like you need the event medals to Z-Awaken, them, too.

The site always shows the Dokkan medals as Z-Awakening medals, just look at all the golden Freezas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Also they put up an announcement about Christmas bonuses, which include two(!) Old Kais medals. Heck yes.

Also 26 Dragon Stones. Nice