Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mackson
yesterday i weighed myself and discovered that i went from 112 to 115 kg!

i immediately poured out my sugary energy drinks and promised that i would be a healthier person.

please advice me to become a better person.

anti-fat power!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
surround everything in your home with silica gel packets. be amazed as you never have to worry about water weight again

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Big Mackson

Qwerinty posted:

surround everything in your home with silica gel packets. be amazed as you never have to worry about water weight again

i already have a cooling unit by my bed but those gel packets might be handy in the bathroom.

alnilam

Don't drink soda, start cooking more/most of your meals, and walk/bike as many places as you can (e.g. to work, the store) as a matter of routine

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
unless you are like 6'10" or built like an ox 112kg is too heavy, how did gaining 3kg put you over the top?

and this:

alnilam posted:

Don't drink soda, start cooking more/most of your meals, and walk/bike as many places as you can (e.g. to work, the store) as a matter of routine

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I was gonna say congrats on making it to the next weight class but then I saw kg lol

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

alnilam

if you find yourself really missing the energy drinks it's probably the caffeine. try to develop a taste for coffe (actual coffe, not a mixed coffee drink) or tea and you won't miss the energy drinks as much

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

just take caffeine pills before hitting the gym dude. we all get tired from time to time

energy drinks taste like pee, they are bottom tier. see: favorite drinks thread

dogcrash truther

Michael Jackson posted:

anti-fat power!

You r weight has nothing to do with whether you are a good person, Michael Jackson. If you want to become a better person, consider volunteering. :)

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
one of the nicest dudes I know is very large and in charge. he's also a chef

dogcrash truther

Spanish Manlove posted:

one of the nicest dudes I know is very large and in charge. he's also a chef

i would definite ly gently caress a fat chef before i'd fu ck a skinny arm y person or whatever

dogcrash truther

dogcrash truther posted:

i would definite ly gently caress a fat chef before i'd fu ck a skinny arm y person or whatever

not that whether i'd gently caress you is a good indicator of whether you're a good person except, well, it totally is

alnilam

i'd rather be nice than anything else

ty manifisto

alnilam

i'd rather be nice than smart, and i'd rather be smart than pretty, lucky for me i'm all three :greenangel:

ty manifisto

alnilam

for real though let us please encourage oru freiend michael jackson to become healthier, because being overweight is seriously bad for your health, even though you might be a good person

ty manifisto

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:agreed: being fat caused bruddah Iz his premature death, despite being good. I would've been able to see him sing his songs were it not for that

dogcrash truther
actually, "overweight" people on the BMI scale live the longest.

alnilam

ty manifisto

alnilam

also longevity isn't the only measure, as overweight and obese people age they are much more likely to have lovely lives filled with health problems and hospital stays

ty manifisto

alnilam

but to be fair, the "overweight" category (25-30) is hardly any different from the 22.5-25 one (which is the upper half of the normal-weight category)... the effect becomes much more pronounced as you move into the obese and super obese categories

ty manifisto

alnilam

obviously there are a lot of other factors involved, including the fact that there are reasons for being normal weight other than being fit and some "overweight" people can actually be pretty healthy, but in general obesity is a really bad thing for your health and a crazy (and rising) amount of people admitted to hospitals are in there because of obesity-related problems, even if they are surviving they are going to the hospital all the drat time

ty manifisto

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Michael Jackson posted:

yesterday i weighed myself and discovered that i went from 112 to 115 kg!

i immediately poured out my sugary energy drinks and promised that i would be a healthier person.

anti-fat power!

I also recently made the move from 100 to 115 and felt bad. For me the key is no food in the house that you don't have to cook. I mean nothing. No drinks with calories. They make diet red bull that is 10 calories, but once you start cutting calories you may find you lose your taste for them.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/ is a nice 1 thing you can add that lets you build up to 100 push ups, when i started it i seriously could only do a few girl push ups. It's something you can do at home with no equipment that gets you in the habit of something

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ is a calorie logging site, you can start by just logging what you eat without cutting anything to see where you are. Then adjust after a week enough to give you a small deficit.

Honestly do what you want, and don't try too much or you will just say gently caress it.

*we don't even know how tall you are or buff, you may be a God. You can tell me to gently caress off

dogcrash truther

alnilam posted:

obviously there are a lot of other factors involved, including the fact that there are reasons for being normal weight other than being fit and some "overweight" people can actually be pretty healthy, but in general obesity is a really bad thing for your health and a crazy (and rising) amount of people admitted to hospitals are in there because of obesity-related problems, even if they are surviving they are going to the hospital all the drat time

According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2006, 13.10 cars out of 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.[1] Motorcycles also have a higher fatality rate per unit of distance travelled when compared with automobiles. Per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists' risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than a passenger car.[1] In 2004, figures from the UK Department for Transport indicated that motorcycles have 16 times the rate of serious injuries compared to cars, and double the rate of bicycles.[2]

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

more cushion for the twisted burning wreck of a motorcycle accident to push into, saving lives

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
yes but all that weight traveling at crash velocity can cause even more carnage whereas at much slower speeds it becomes the glistening sweaty cushion that may softly save you

ron color
I am the strongest robber I stand on he hill and throw defeated challengers into the yard (I have watched jett li's The One 8 or 9 times)

pogi

May I refer you to the fight thread, OP

Big Mackson
this week i have committed to help somebody to build a garage. it is a lot of lifting and stuff and i have made the move to zero calorie energy drinks.

i also have posted a picture of me in byob a while ago but nobody said anything so i look pretty whitenoise i guess.

spoiler: it is me drinking coffee.

alnilam

heavy labor + reducing calories is a great start! Keep it up and once you get used to it, cut more calories off of your diet and when you finish the garage start trying to exercise more or even just walk more places

ChairmanMeow

I love coffee

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
:sludgepal:

Big Mackson
shoveling dirt today for the pipes. i feel my muscles tear apart.

fuck. marry. t-rex

How much is a kg

fuck. marry. t-rex

Im trying to imagine 1 kg of water, and it's really small

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

it's pronounced "keg" and it's actually a lot!

Big Mackson
1 kg = 2.2 lbs

Big Mackson
i have gone down 1.1 lb. i am slowly evaporating.

bog pixie

the only YOSPOS-BYOB combination smiley. im proud of it.

ChairmanMeow

Michael Jackson posted:

i have gone down 1.1 lb. i am slowly evaporating.

yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
How bad is the horrible truth in relation to the terrible secret?

• Locked thread