Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i realized i got huge quads but next to no hammies so i had to humble myself and do some isolated machine work

so embarassing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

gbs swole thread at the very least embraces meathead culture instead of denying its true roots like the inclusive ylls

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

beep boop what is fun

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

congrats on beating a woman

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Ralp posted:

It's that way for lots of the forums. Like, there's been a Game of Thrones discussion thread in GBS and TV/IV and Book Barn and GiP and FYAD and probably YOSPOS and BYOB and PYF.

Actually let me reframe it in terms of a forum instead: I'm going to pick on YOSPOS for example because the mods there have done a good job in improving this. When the funny computer forum has megathreads for Game of Thrones, working out, favorite music, Diablo 3, bitcoin, politics, general chat, and loving cat picture spam, well then it's not a focused subforum anymore, it's a general forum that happens to have a few more computer threads than other general forums. Why do we even have subforums if that's what they're going to be?

This isn't necessarily bad (from a user's perspective it's fine), but it makes things a lot harder to organize, administrate, and moderate. Each subforum acts like an offsite that happens to be hosted onsite, and I don't want to administrate a dozen slightly different general forums, I want to administrate one forum: Something Awful. When you pay $10 for an account, it shouldn't be admission to one subforum of your choice where you camp out forever and never leave (unless you really are only interested in posting about that specific topic, that's fine too). Instead, your account grants you access to all of the SA Forums. Use them!

And of course there's some overlap; I'm not demanding that every topic be strictly categorized and indexed. Rather, I'm asking, on a case by case basis (and this thread happens to be such a case): "Does it make sense for this topic to be duplicated in another forum, in this case GBS? Or does it belong in the dedicated subforum, in this case YLLS?" There's no hard and fast criterion for making that decision, but that's what I'm asking about. Hope that helps explain where I'm coming from.

swolethread isn't a fitness thread, it's a chat thread for people who are interested in fitness

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

everyone in the waywt thread wears h&m and other lovely fast fashion brands so it's all poo poo quality and they buy like 5 new pieces a week and compulsively hoard clothes

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Cowman posted:

goons I'm fat and lazy. I don't want to move or lift weights what do I do.

eat enough so weirdos can fetishize you

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

it's still about cocks

anyway favorite snack is avocado + whole finn crisps + lime juice, workin em sweet fat macros

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

My Q-Face posted:

Or you could just squat deeper.

i squat til my butt gently touches my calves, im not a savage

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

i got told to see a chiro for a shoulder imbalance

i laughed it off and booked pt instead

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

why were people surprised pavel is bi i thought they wanted to suck on his beefy man quads

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Pesmerga posted:

Lol this planned me a meal that was 60% fat, 20% protein, 20% carbs.

you can edit the macros by % after it generates and generate a new one

not that it's generating thing is that great though as if i'm gonna eat "zucchini pasta"

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

was irritated at old mate and friend clumsily curing in squat rack while talking about stocks and hedge funds

partially forgiven cuz it was a lot

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

im starting to get disproportionate legs too but at least i dont have a penis (i lost mine doing starting strength)

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

you would think a rich person could afford to eat healthier things

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

what do you do for legs, sit and cry

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

hurrrerrrrr i dont understand how the oldest form of resistance exercise is even possible

true ancient gains are free weight

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

people talking about paleo and living like a cavemen for sick gains but cavemen were probably skinny lean dudes doing cardio all the time and starving lots

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

according to hot russian dmitry klokov stretching is bullshit and instead you should go to banya 3x a week for over an hour https://youtu.be/W4zgN3jBf_w?t=4m46ss

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

responsible adults only start roids in their mid-20s

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

gently caress didn't that elliot guy go on roids for a year as a "test"

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

The Saurus posted:

what's the best way to convince your cardio bunny SO to stop using weights that are coloured pink and so small you can barely see them?

coach her through heavier lifts and even if she can't lift much at first she'll probably feel really satisfied and accomplished for trying

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

all exercises men do basically

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

i was at sprouts the other day and i saw literal bulk (in a barrel you scoop from) whey isolate on sale for like $6/lb

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

whenever i isolate hammies my diddle get fiddled a little does this happen to anyone else

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

i really like super light cotton sweatpants and i just roll em up round my massive quads for az weather

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

El Duderino posted:

I'm assuming just about everyone here wears headphones or buds while working out. Anyone have any testimonials on brands they like? I got one of those Sol Republic wireless Bluetooth ear buds, now on Amazon but used to be an best buy exclusive.

They sounded great but over a few months it seems the Bluetooth is crapping out. When I turn my head to the side and it rubs against them it would cut out. And now just walking normally they keep making a loud popping/static noise and are pretty much useless now... Thankfully I got the $15 2yr warranty, now just got to decide which brand I'll go with next.

The Jaybird bluebuds x have been around for a while now and have decent reviews. I just can't imagine using those bulky over ear cans everyone seems to be switching to. I sweat like a mofo and have no desire dealing with swamp rear end but for my ears...

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJE120D-In-Ear-Headphone-Orange/dp/B003ELYQGG

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

fake sugars the worst how do you stand that poo poo aftertaste

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Claeaus posted:

My colleague started going to the gym with me. After the first time he said "It's nice to work out with someone who's not that much stronger than yourself".

Screw you guy! Now he's on vacation for three weeks so time to hit the gym as hard as possible while he's away!

make him suck your dick by overpowering him

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

i would literally murder a man for a women's only lifting gym but like none exist

why are women such pussies

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

i'm gonna make a crossfit box and film women crushing their necks under barbells failing an overloaded clean and jerk and make a ton of money off of it

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

this girl i know

why???

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

None of this is true?

Get unflavored creatine and it doesn't change the taste of anything. I mix mine with water, and it tastes like water.

It doesn't make your face puffy. Anyone who claims it made them gain water weight, or lose muscle definition, is probably just lazy and actually gained weight. It helps pump and muscle size. It's like the one real, legit supplement available legally.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC155510/?tool=pmcentrez

"The gains in body mass observed are likely due to water retention during supplementation. Creatine is an osmotically active substance. Thus, any increase in the body's Cr content should result in increased water retention and consequent gains in body mass.2,8 For example, 1 subject in the present study, who reported having a fairly consistent body mass throughout the previous year, experienced a 4.8-kg increase in body mass during the first week of supplementation, 90% of which was accounted for by the increase in TBW."

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649889/

it's pretty arguable that people even get much gainz on creatine at all i imagine maybe the bloat and the whole placebo thing is why people think it works???

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

"fresh whey"

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

nnnotime posted:

Do what this guy is doing if you can't reach the floor with your squats:

https://youtu.be/2fO1zuBCMQ0?t=45s

im having anxiety watching this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

which one of you guys was the guy next to me this morning supersetting squats/deads and curls between two adjacent power racks

• Locked thread