Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

soy posted:

buy anything that doesn't look like poo poo?

Should be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

Set up next to a mirrored wall that is perpendicular to the bar & record yourself doing reps near your normal weight in the sideways mirror. Then you can find problem.
Alternatively: clench butt.

Couldn't you just set the camera to one of your sides? Does the mirror focus your chi or something?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

I guess you could but then your phone would have to be like 15 ft from you on the middle of the floor begging to get stomped on.

Lean it up against something. Do people at your gym frequently stomp around the edges of the equipment?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Definitely. Get it if you can

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

Rise from your grave swolethread.

I have wicked lower back pain in the morning, what exercises can I do to alleviate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoNW3TnAT3Y&t=177s

Want to punch his voice but this is good for you

Also just light back extensions to build up stability, maybe some planks to help the front side too

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Whiskey Sours posted:

You're defending crossfit, maybe you'd be more comfortable in this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522035

But the guy you're trying to shame is stronger than you and gets paid by crossfit. Probably doesn't hurt himself with warmup weight deadlifts either.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Whiskey Sours posted:

Unironic defense of crossfit itt

Crossfit is this decade's bosu ball training. It's popular so it attracts lots of idiots and charlatans

Anything can be done in a way that's helpful

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pesmerga posted:

Being on a cut sucks. Really really sucks.

Discuss.

I'm down 15 pounds just eating less of what I usually do and still hitting PRs. Pretty great actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atdnBV_jHPs
#crossfit

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

I'd be able to deadlift 480lbs too if I had a huge ziplock bag of cocaine next to me.

Helps with the weight loss too!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Swole thread, I'm happy to see many of you posting about Diablo, the best prehab there is

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Tonight was not a good night. Got in my deadlifts and left. Idiot working a "circuit" who really just wanted to stare at everyone and the two dudes workin out in their camo gear. I go in late to avoid these people but they find me anyways.

Maybe it's you......

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mortimer posted:

ive never really read into programs beyond "do this on these days" so what happens if I fail mid set? should I give it a rest and try to finish the set at the same weight? kick it down a few?

???

i mean other than hanging myself because failing a squat makes you feel like a babychild

Trying to get stronger, bigger, or leaner?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knowing nothing else I'd take a rest, get the rest of your reps in at that weight, then throw in a couple extra sets at a lighter weight.

Then get enough sleep and food

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yesterday I was an inch away from getting a bodyweight/90kg/198lb press and it made me upset. Please stop triggering me.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Today I ohp 175 pounds, 5x4. I weigh 165.

gently caress you I hate you :mad:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

lodewijk posted:

I'm going to do a deload for the OHP, and use 1 kg increments to try and make progress. If not, I give your suggestion a try.

Add more volume. Moving less weight isn't going to make you stronger.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Refried Noodle posted:

That is genius.

It only helps you in situations where not using clips or the roll of shame work just as well. If you drop the weight or your shoulder gives out you're still hosed. Just set the safeties up correctly and you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FogHelmut posted:

better get on trt before its too late, i'll be 32 in december and am pretty much screwed

I'm willing to put up with everything hurting all the time so I don't have to give up beer

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

soy posted:

I think the correct solution is just don't try and bench more than you can safely roll of shame or at least have a spot.

Still, cool idea I guess. I'm sure all the mc gyms will eventually buy these.

That's the smart thing to do, but even a spotter won't help you if something gives out. People can't react that fast or catch something heavy moving quickly.

But yeah, having them in McGyms will be a good thing. People are stupid and need them.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Doing an extended "set" of 425lb deadlifts for 16 my first time lifting in a week was probably a Bad Idea :rip:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
For most of your 30s you're supposed to prioritize bank account gainz so you can do nothing but train, inject yourself, eat, and sleep before you hit 40 to break some world records like Stan Efferding

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

ZombieParts posted:

Also you could try losing weight and not being a fat strong

How would that fix pants that are made for rectangular people?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
No. Go run a marathon and you'll get DOMS but your muscles won't get any bigger. It's a decent sign you pushed yourself compared to whatever you'd been doing lately but that's not all that's required to get more biggerer

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
We're all just slowly becoming Batman and Robin's Bane

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
youtube is much worse

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

If you eat one fast food calorie at any point in your life just forget about having a good bod.

but Defiant Sally?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

monny posted:

Going to some charity dinner thing tonight, had to get suited up and my rear end is close to tearing my pants. Squats :bahgawd:

I tried to squeeze into my deadlift suit the other day to gently caress around with it because noticed it in my pile of lifting gear.

I got it on, technically, but couldn't get my hands within a foot of the bar and now I have bruises all over my traps.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mortimer posted:

straps for Romanian dls or no??

Yeah, you can target your hamstrings better

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Alfalfa posted:

What in the absolute gently caress is this thread about?

Idiots trying to feel superior to the average gym goer

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
My wife flew home so I'm the strongest in my basement gym today :q:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
On your 1 day? 1 is all you need. Ideally you'll beat what you did last cycle every time but sometimes you have an off day which is why you use 90%. What you should be hitting for progress in your first cycle has too many variables to really answer. The program is all about finding out how you work and learning from that you modify it to meet your personal needs.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you're not The Mountain you're not a man

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

rezatahs posted:

the dirty secret about swolethread is nobody is actually near swole

my gut is

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

Being "swollen" is 90% of the time an excuse for fatness and goony eating.

http://www.strengtheory.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-2/

Well this told me the only way I'll get stronger is to get swoler so fatness and goony eating it is!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
monny's tailor making cash money gainz

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mortimer posted:

what are yalls fav subway subs to eat before and after lifting?

That's not how you spell Chipotle Burrito :confused:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I think I was bulking last night and now I feel lovely

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Still a solid plan. You'll have go get your diet in order if you want to drop the weight. Assuming you have a plan for that as well.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FogHelmut posted:

what is a preferred max protein meal from subway?

Going chipotle and getting a double meat bowl. We've been over this. Eating a loaf of bread makes it hard to be a max protein meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

david carmichael posted:

if you are concerned about getting the best ratio of protein:(carbs + fats) then sure, but if you just want max protein get double meat hcicken strips on wheat

Surely even a goon has a limit of how much they can fit in their gullet. I believe it becomes a volume problem.

• Locked thread