Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Ralp posted:

Ok but why wouldn't it belong in YLLS. We have a subforum specifically for talking about working out. Why is that not sufficient, is what I'm trying to figure out.

Al Cowens posted:

Because they're even more humorless than GBS.

I liked the old thread/this thread being in gbs because it's a lot less serious here. It's sort of like the difference between talking about a movie you liked amongst your friends at a bar or TGI Fridays(relaxed, cool GBS), and discussing it with professional movie critics in a classroom setting (Cinema Discusso). It's an entirely different atmosphere.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
today is biceps and back which has been sucking the last couple weeks because my water bed with leopard print satin bedsheets is low on water and needs to be filled and my back aches every morning and im just too lazy to fill it up

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tony Homo posted:

I prefer doing chest and tris and back and bis. It fatigues the smaller muscle group enough so that I get a really good burn and pump. Also a nice banana/proteinpowder/fatfreemilk smoothie is refreshing after a hard work out.

that's how i do it and it work good for me

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i need about 70g more of carbs today is it okay hit that target with some nice refreshing IPAs? tia

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
everyone please make sure you are doing some rotator cuff workouts

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 29, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Seems like this could be useful, thanks man

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Lol this planned me a meal that was 60% fat, 20% protein, 20% carbs.

I don't have time to really look at it but for a 3k daily target it gave me a chicken nacho breakfast with greek yogurt, a 1000cal protein shake with a banana and oats and peanut butter and 60g of protein poweder and baked garlic chicken for dinner. seemed pretty decent :shrug:

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 30, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah, starting strength is cool.....if you want to look like a centaur

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

people who get super into lifting are weird

it's not something you get "into", bro, it's a lifestyle

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Al Cowens posted:

Hip thrusts
Glute bridges
Box squats
Bulgarian split squats
DB lunges (sometimes lateral)
Goblet squats
Trying to get a good handle on hip abduction

And then HIIT cardio on off-days

Looks like you forgot step ups, for shame

notZaar posted:

Pull ups are the one legit "body weight" exercise imo

and dips

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
please, work your rotator cuffs, goons. It's not glamorous but you will thank me later.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

JebanyPedal posted:

Also it works off the idea that their diet was the most nutritionally sound and healthy while they were getting owned my malnourishment

malnourishment and legionnaires disease because they were hardcore athletic soldierrs

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

limeincoke posted:

I like how the old thread had dropped down to like 5 posts a day. All it took was The Man trying to be a fuckwit and deny us our SWOLENATION to get this thread back to hundreds of posts aday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lunixnerd posted:

Is there any protein supplements made out of ground up mealworms and crickets? I want to get those sweet lizard gainz, if they can regrow their tails eating insects, I can grow some bis.

yeh fat chicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67jtMPfdTw

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It's a shame Jebany got banned, he was a unique treasure

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

notZaar posted:

It's good he was banned. He posted stupid incomprehensible bullshit.

:chloe:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I clicked the question mark on your posts in this thread, and you really need to lighten up re: Jebany my man, like A LOT. Did you know having high blood pressure makes you lift less? It's true.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I lost 5lbs in a week when i stopped taking that evil supplement creatine. It was the worst week of my life.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
30-32 depending

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Most people have 40-500lbs of toxins in their colons.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Meadowhill posted:

Why has every teenage girl in my gym decided that hip thrusts are the best use for a barbell. God drat. They even stuff a pillow under the barbell so they can stand the iron.

more women should do barbell hipthrusts

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Once you start doing protein, you are one step away from illegal steroids

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm eating more also I just meant compared to last time I was lifting and I'm getting 30g more protein a day than I was so maybe that will help

Make sure you track what you eat with something like myfitnesspal or something so you can keep track of your macros.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yo had our yearly physicals today at work.

I'm in the 99 percentile for cardio
I'm in the 97 percentile for push ups
I'm in the 91 percentile for sit ups

And I'm in the 97 percentile for body fat, rt 8.1%

Nice man, congrats

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Whiskey Sours posted:

I deadlifted 405 a few weeks ago and my back still hurts if that's what you're asking

No, video required is required

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
just set a handful of pr's at 2am on a sunday morning :toot:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

I went runnig.

My calfs are now broken.

I do stupid things to get laid.

I've never had to chase after someone to get laid. NO MEANS NO, MAN

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Ramsus posted:

I'm having the same issue of underpreforming in OHP. I think it is because I didn't have a dedicated shoulder day, so I now dedicate a day to do this workout:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/building-boulder-shoulders-lawrence-ballenger-shoulder-workout.html

I personally wouldn't do the rotator cuff, a stabilizer, before working the larger muscles and would do it after. However, if you are gonna follow that routine, at least make sure you don't exhaust the RC. He has it listed under the warm-up, make sure that's all you do, don't go overboard on the weight with it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

notZaar posted:

What if you just do them on the off days?

I'm sure that's fine. Personally I just do rotator cuffs last when I work shoulders. I just wanted to make sure he knew not to overdo it. Some people when they see "warmup" don't really get what warmup means, and it's important with the RC's especially to not exhaust them and then try to lift heavy poo poo.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Heavy deadlift single day and one of my clients was drafted by the Bears.

https://instagram.com/p/8B5OUTpQUg/

Yeah.

:golfclap:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I woke up this morning with this thought in my head. We all know that not getting DOMS after a workout doesn't necessarily mean that you had a bad workout, but does getting DOMS absolutely mean your muscles are gonna grow from that workout?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

No. Go run a marathon and you'll get DOMS but your muscles won't get any bigger. It's a decent sign you pushed yourself compared to whatever you'd been doing lately but that's not all that's required to get more biggerer

Ah yeah, that running example is a good point!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

What's the best stretch or exercise for when you gently caress up that tendon that lets you lift your arm up for dumbell raises?

Do some external rotations
http://www.ergo-log.com/how-to-prevent-impingement-in-your-shoulder.html

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Everyone says taking the first step and starting to lift weights is the hardest. it's not. the hardest is sticking with it. doing it even when you don't feel like it. doing it even when it feels like you aren't improving. doing it when there there are 2 hot women laying naked in bed waiting for you. starting to lift weights isn't hard. never stopping is what is hard

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Always be squeezing your butt cheeks.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lunixnerd posted:

I took a month off from lifting weights and except for losing all my gains, my back, shoulders and knees feel pretty loving great. I'm seriously thinking of just doing some body-weight workouts and stretches from now on, I'm obviously too uncoordinated to NOT wreck myself with weights.

:rip: my gains
:rip: post workout locker-room bukkake sessions

Applicable:
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-study-finds-running-for-20-minutes-each-day-co-36584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress shut up swole thread

• Locked thread