Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
There aren't any biscuits in the OP, can this be fixed please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Careful freelop. I might get my notebook out

You have very neat handwriting :unsmith:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I realised a while ago that the reason we don't get on with the French much is because we are so loving similar. Mix a french and a polish person together and you get a brit.

There are good cheeses in France, but there are also good cheeses in Holland, Italy, Switzerland etc which are all pretty similar. Not many countries can match Stilton. I know Denmark tries, but it's far too creamy for what a blue cheese should be, unless it's that one that smells like a cross between cat vomit and untreated sewage (which I actually struggled to get in my mouth, if any resident Danes want to remind me what that was?)

Cropwell Bishop produces like 6 different Stilton varieties alone and their Blue Shropshire I swear has a hint of chocolate or something, it's great. Also Tuxford and Tebbutt do a really nice Stilton that they sell in Asda. That's what I normally get.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

americans call grilling "broiling", because they are beasts

Wait, broiling just means grilling? Why? What a stupid word. If someone told me they broiled bacon I would just think they threw it in a pot of boiling water or something weird.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Natalie Fartman posted:

I'm honestly interested because having children/not having children has both negative and positive effects and I'd like to hear it from someone who's balanced and knows what they are talking about without it devolving into a promotion for eugenics.

cat snipe:

I love my child, he is the greatest thing I have ever done with my life, also I dislike my child he has ruined my life and is more work that you could possibly imagine.

There you go!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Ratjaculation posted:

I have bought some CHUNKY oven chips from Aldi and they are beasts

Shame on you for not posting a picture, shame!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Sunswipe posted:

Masters of the Universe.

Is that the one with Dolph Lundgren? Not sure it should be in this list, but it was enjoyable anyway in that it was very funny when it wasn't trying to be.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Lucky it wasn't a screeching Owl, those fuckers sound like a cat being violently murdered.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Vitamins posted:

might have to go back to work next week, fucks sake

also sup voted for clegg, wish theyd killed themselves instead in hindsight crew

Just like the day before you have to go in say you developed a little cough, might be nothing, probably hay fever, do they still want you to come in?

I actually work for a company that seems to understand peoples concerns, they have already sent company wide e-mails saying to only come into the office if absolutely necessary, and for the vast majority of people an office return date in 2020 is written off.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Ratjaculation posted:

have you got the butfor?

You guys are all spoil sports. I'll let him finish the joke.

Hey, what's the butfor?!

Edit: And what's updog?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I once cancelled an order on Amazon that was already in transit so they told me they would arrange for it to be picked up and returned to their warehouse. Hermes turned up to collect it before it had even been delivered and then got lovely with me when I tried to tell them I can't return it yet, then they refused to come back out to collect it once it had arrived and I had to pay for collection myself.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
If you are desperate to swear you could take a page from Father Ted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-Kb1wvy8s

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
At this point I'm pretty sure my 3 year old just enjoys rolling around in his own piss and poo poo.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Wait, do Yorkies actually call the last Friday before Christmas 'Mad Friday' and Geordies call it 'Blackeye Friday'? Why?

Edit: I mean, I can guess why, it's just a bit weird. But then I guess there are people who put the cream on before the jam around as well. loving deviants.

Dravs fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 2, 2020

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Ewan posted:

UKMT's gone full mental since I've been away

It's always been mental, it's d&d. Just your time away has repaired your brain a bit so now it's like someone who quit smoking can suddenly smell how disgusting it smells in a chronic smoker's house.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Just need someone to quote morally inept now and we got a party going.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Things that don't belong on a Full English Breakfast:

Baked Beans
Mushrooms

Things that definitely do:

Fried Eggs
Sausages
Black Pudding

Mods?!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I love pickled eggs, pretty sure I could manage 3 in 10 seconds if I was properly motivated.

The vinegar turns them a bit more rubbery than a normal hard-boiled egg so the trick would be to use your palate to crush them with your tongue before swallowing. That would be my technique I think.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I, also, get slippers from M&S, they also have the best joggers for the WFH freedom comfiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
My wife has somehow forgotten the horrors of central London in December so she booked tickets for Winter Wonderland. We both hate crowds and will be dragging a 6-year old around. On a scale of 1-10 panic attacks, how much fun will we have?