Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Hey Taken goons. I've got an Iksar warrior (Skullmonkey) in BDA. When you're not raiding, hit me up - we should group some Dragon Necropolis or something.

I'm in for some DN. I haven't logged in yet, giving it a few weeks before I get my huge EQ boner on, but swashy is 60 and ready to murder things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I've been meaning to log in, maybe I can finally do that and throw you an invite?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pathos posted:

Cool -- who should I send a tell to?

I'm gonna be on as swashy in the next day or two to get my sky shrine and CS key.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Waiting to get info to the UG port whore officer hootie, and will throw an invite out. In other news spent 3 hours in UD camp in velks and managed to replace two items and get a piercer that price berzerker strength. Good times.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

lemonslol posted:

Yeah is everyone in a guild? I am in some guild from like 2011 and no one is ever really on it.

Most goons are spread out. There is a goon guild but it ebbs and flows with users. I need to invite a few people still on my alt or the guilds lvl 30 port whore, but you can find me in game and i'll add you to my list of people to invite. My toon's name is Swashy, though i've been spending most of my time hiding out in Kael and ToV at the moment.

I know there's 3 or 4 of us in BDA, but who knows any more. Skullmonkey is the only active one I know of.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

MageMage posted:

I am completely interested but I am having trouble finding Titanium. I own all the expansions up to planes of power, will that work?

There's a pirate website you'll want to you to snag it. It's available there. That client is the only client supported.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ramulack posted:

I just got an app. invite to Asgard in blue a little while ago. They seem very relaxed letting people join and leave raids as life permits. I am only a level 51 Rogue working on my epic (no plat to mq) so I am unfortunately not able to make many raids since I am so low.

Other day someone won HoT Chain pants for only 1dkp point. I feel like I am so behind.

Don't worry about gear. Get your levels, work on your epic while you're LFG. You have the benefit of it being super easy to finish. Kunark is still gonna be your best bet for leveling I think. And just think about when you're 60 you'll be spending your 1 DKP on chain pants, because everyone else will have it.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm happy to help if you are willing to talk days and times. I seriously only log on if I have an "appointment" these days.

Hi yes, I need an appointment to hang out with you and drink copious amounts of beer. (also, to LAN with you, so we can play EQ together or dota or something)

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I bound it to Q for awhile but then I accidentally fat-fingered it on a guard and got myself smashed good, so I moved it again. :v:

loving lol.

I'm not embarrassed to admit I have a complete in box copy of Everquest, although I have quite a few classic PC games. None of the expansions though, lost those long ago.

Mine is set to 1 lol

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Anyone else feeling the Velious pain at level 60? I've died so many times I nearly lost the level.

I ate one death with a 100% loss, so I could get that Adarra's bow of the Unseen from the ring quest line.

I'm now back to 100% of 60. #neverdies

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pilsner posted:

Luclin models.... good thing.... hmm. NOT CLASSIC!

Bro are you playing blue again? And what's your toons name?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Got 3 pieces of Skyshrine poo poo. BP, Gloves, Bracer. The WS gloves are better because 10 MR, but fashion quest.

I want legs more than anything though. I'm closing in on my Circlet of the Falinken as well, need to finally snag my chipped fang.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Thinking about rolling a melee class to get a break from druid here and there, decided on SK, agonizing over race choice.
I really don't want to be a Ogre or Troll. They're hideously ugly and they're huge.

But drat, it seems like they're the way to go because of slam. That seems really good? Without it you've gotta wear a shield and bash, but 2h weapons seem pretty great.
Then Troll also has regen, which is huge. But that xp penalty hurts so bad on top of SK.

I think I've narrowed it down to Dark elf or Iksar, both sound like fun. Iksar's got the health regen but more exp penalty. Hm.
Is making an SK without slam a huge mistake?

I am all for this, but what about "its classic!" ? :cheeky:

Its been said before, but the devs are all for bending the rules on classic when it comes to loving people over, just not when it comes to helping people.

Still I can't afford epic twinks so I'm cool with nobody else getting them either.

I do remember Epics not being equippable before 46, and this was Velious era iirc.

I'm okay with this because it might be a big source of RMT on the server.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

faulteroy posted:

Cabilis is kind of a pain in the rear end at first, but it's also pretty small. Three rules: Don't go in the water unless you have to, stay away from the froglok slaves until level 6 or so, and don't go exploring in the SK/Shaman guild.. you'll eventually get stuck in a maze that's annoying to get out of.

Everything you need is in East Cabilis. When facing the SK/Shaman guild with your back to the water, Field of Bone is to the right behind the building. The bank is behind you, to the left. Food/drink can be found on the vendors near the West Cabilis zone line.

WinEQ2 limits your framerate to ~60 by default, which may seem choppy if you're used to 100+ FPS. You can change the options in the EQPlayNice area of the configuration to increase your framerate.

the EQPlayNice is awesome for that. I have my FPS set to 100 foreground and background, i can finally tab out and not immediately sink when levitated, however i actually take fall damage now.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Dirt posted:

More goons need to play P1999.

You guys missed drunk metal band chat tonight.

Shame.

Was too busy poopsocking trakanon. -_-

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I have a 60 rogue, and 55 warrior.

I also have access to a few other toons, which is how I login and give invites or port you guys around.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I'm enjoying raiding more now than ever. Velious raids are much more interesting and exciting.

Ps anyone that has a Pained Soul or Trak Tooth MQ for sale; let me know. I'm buying.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Quit being a bitch, camp that poo poo like the rest of us!

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LOGGED IN?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
FYI

xZAOx posted:

I DON'T KNOW BUT WHEN I DID I HAD A VP KEY THAT I HAD CAMPED MYSELF

Oh YEAH? Well FAT LOT OF GOOD THAT DID YOU.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Relayer posted:

I always hear that there ironically isn't very much pvp on red other than the griefing and ganking. Is that really the case? I've never quite understood the appeal of eq pvp, in what sort of scenarios is it fun other than griefing people if you're a griefer? Not trying to troll I'm genuinely curious cause I was thinking about playing on red, but it sounds like it's essentially just blue with the added ability to grief people if that's your bag.

EQ was never designed for true PvP. It's not balanced for it, and basically yes, it is strictly to grief.

People say ohhhh guilds can fight over mobs, but the zergfest and sheer numbers prohibit any sort of large scale guild on guild combat, so empire just takes all the mobs because literally no one can compete with their size (which is relatively small, but so is the population of red so there's no real way to compete)

Note: rogean hates red and pretty much everyone on it. He's stated repeatedly his disdain for the guilds and how they run off CSR staff, if that's any indication of the group of people you'd be playing with.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Also, there hasn't been a rotation or bag limit on mobs since Velious dropped, BDA killed like 6 dragons on Sunday. lol

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Summit posted:

Tried it today. Doesn't matter that he's 'threatening', I can still bank with him. Just have to stick on the outside of the building and right click on him through the window.

If we're in Kael for faction or farming something and pull the bank area with Drioc, I'll be attacking the banker and able to bank with him before he dies. I usually take that time to dump plat or coin change lol.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I'm on swashy right now if you need an invite, my inviter is parked at NFP bank.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Tonight begins the painfully difficult camp of Pained Soul. God have mercy on my soul.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Bybus Slago posted:

I'm thinking about getting back into this, just in time for a double exp weekend. I have a 55 mage and 39 monk sitting on blue, and back on live I never really got to experience anything in Velious, so I have no idea where I'd even start. I also have a 2nd account with a lowbie druid and cleric, around levels 10-15, that I might try to get some levels with during the double exp. Could anyone give a brief rundown of what I could start with on my mage for Velious stuff?

Velk's Lab, Kael plate cycle and arena. soloing in CS wyverns.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Dirt posted:

I have a 50 Mage on blue. We could probably murder some poo poo as a duo.

Velious XP kinda sucks though. But with double xp it probably is pretty solid.

Velious xp sucks because mobs hit harder and have more HP. Stick to kunark if you can, it'll fly by in zones with a good ZEM like seb

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ramulack posted:

Last night I completed my epic!

Although it is the rogue epic this was my first character I created on p99 a few months ago so 30k is still an awful lot of money for me so purchasing it out-right was never an option. It feels good to both have it (and not be disrespected for being a 51 rogue without an epic) and to have done it the classic way (solo fully-spawned hate sneak and all)!

Now off to earn XP.

I got a Sebilis key earlier this week with a group of friends. At what level could I reasonably get groups there? I have particularly fond memories of wasting my teenage summer days grinding in Sebilis.

Since the release of Velious, seb is mostly all leveling people and maybe a soloer camping crypt and a trio camping King, so thankfully it's usually open and anyone in their 50s can generally find a group now, though I'd still LFG in KC rather than evacing to seb to find out that there's no one there and you're stranded.

If you don't have one yet, I highly suggest an OT hammer, a WC cap, and getting your HS key. People need rogues all the time to open doors there.

Not gonna lie though, as soon as Velious dropped and since I was 60 I vowed never to go back to HS again, and deleted my key to prevent me from zoning back into there. It can be extremely scary.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ashenden posted:

Does a charge of the charm item cost less on blue? Or do people just farm the faction for it.

You can do either. Join a larger guild and you can get a puppet string charge for free usually.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
There are factions you cannot raise though, however those are usually strictly mobs you'll never do anything but violently murder anyway.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

torp0r posted:

Does anyone have good experience/perspective on the raiding game on p99(Blue)? I am interested in trying. I understand the old class rules and have read opinions on both sides, but it's hard to get a sense of what the actual average required weekly time commitment is of what would previously be called R vs C. I know this is going to vary based on which guild, but yeah if someone has experience and can quantify effort that would be super useful information.

With the release of Velious everything changed. There's an extremely large slew of mobs now worth killing and one guild can't get them all, so there's a lot more to do.

Most guilds work on two systems of loot, a council, usually officers distributed raid loot based on class/attendance/social status in the guild. BDA is a guild like this.

A less biased way is DKP, where he more you show up, the more points you earn, and you spend those points on gear you want. Rampage is a guild like this.

If your playtime is limited, you have good utility and you listen well, BDA Is a good fit for you.

If you want to be hard core, wake up at 3am for bat phones and show up for raids all the time? Rampage may be more your style.

The class system is no longer and it's back to play nice policy + FTE on all raid mobs.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ashenden posted:

Are you in a raiding guild iNteg?

I am in BDA.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Finally got my VP key. Didn't camp Verix, or pained soul. All in all it took me 2 hours of hard work and 8 hours of Netflix watching while trying to buy a key.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 21, 2015

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hi hello there our Red Ckroo is now in Crystal Caverns at lvls 30-31. Are you a red player that doesn't post much and wants to do something terrifying and fun? Let me know here or send me a tell in game on Willcat or Scoobs or Teddy and we can arrange to have you teleported out here to your (nearly) certain death!

Crystal Caverns is super fun and dangerous and drops good loot especially for casters, so if you want to experience the time of your life you should probably join us! (healers real welcome so we dont have to use an OOR dude we have parked there)

Gonna tell all the PKs that you're there to level.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
60 rogue who's pretty geared on blue needs to make plat. I'm pretty broke ATM, so anyone 60 lets go farm some money camps? I'll be on swashy tonight.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'll probably be on tonight around 11pm EST. Howling Stones South wing maybe? Made like 10k in an hour or two last time I was there*.

(*because my dice roll was superb.)

I deleted my HS key because unless I go with Lacie and Sadad I have a bad bad time. Plus then anyone that asks me to drag a corpse in there I can tell them no. Maybe crypt or King? 11EST is a little late for me though.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Maybe you need to go loot a pair of balls somewhere

How did I know you'd show up and say something you scumbag? Come back and be my puller bitch since Bugen refuses to log in lest he get sucked back in.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pyrocat posted:

KC is some of the slowest exp in the game unless you're charm killing in the basement.

Howling Stones. Velks is worth a shot too. If giant fort in BW is uncamped that could be a good small group spot. Skyfire works decently well with a rogue/necro duo. There are probably some good groups in Kael at your level too.

Sebilis. Freeti.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

khysanth posted:

This is why I didn't bother to re-app/join my old IB/TR crew when I came back for Velious. Job... wife... no way I could commit to the playtime I used to on Booter/Khysanth.

Shh don't let them know you're BDA SCUM now. Did we get Trak today? I was driving to work when it popped.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ashenden posted:

Did anybody bag anything cool in the repop?

cleared 8 dragons in VP, Dozekar, Talendor, Vox, Vindi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

I Love You! posted:

You are correct it came later.

Frank I died in Old Seb and it was not pretty, I don't think my corpse is recoverable without a group

find a nice 57 necro to conjure it for you. Voila.