Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Crimson potions help with bards/ench but really they can just kite you till death. Plug at the nearest ZL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Who cares stuff still blinks before going off and you should have a rough estimate on buff timers just from experience. also GINA

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

from the EULA

'programs that provide audible ques or overlay information by only reading the everquest log files are currently allowed.'

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
shoulda duo'd with my monk!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

lemonslol posted:

Anyone want to play together duo or group on Sunday from 9am-7:30PM ? I'm level 19 now but I should be 20 by Sunday. I'm a Shaman

I have a 20 iksar monk and may be down depending on how hungover.

/friend Steeks/Magen/Vindre and shoot me a tell

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

MageMage posted:

While I'm downloading it, is there a heavy good presence on Red?

Also, what is the most important resist for PVP? SV Magic? I ask because bards can pick just about any diety and I notice there are some diety-specific items and I'm wondering what would be best in the long run?

Sporadic presence.

Magic saves till 120-130 worn sounds about right last time i played red.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Steeks(blue)/Rizen(red) here. For anyone wondering where I went well seems Thailand has some strict drug enforcement and I was in one of their prisons for a few weeks. Should be making it back to the states in another month or two :a2m:

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Kilazar posted:

I was going to try p99 out. But I am partial to Luclin models. And I liked PoP. I played from 2000 to 2005.

So while I was researching p99 I came across the luclin graphic posts. And those threads really turned me off of the community. I almost gave up there.

But in one of the threads I saw a project 2002 reference. So I did some searching and found p2002.com. They are currently on kunark with velious on the way. And they plan to release pop.

Now they do allow boxing up to three. But that is not my bag. Still. I decided to try it out. And the community has been awesome to my wife and I.

Is anyone else playing on p02?

That's not classic.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

faulteroy posted:

At this point I'd start getting exp and saving your cash. Fungis are lower than ever at like 47k. If you can gather up 15k for an Iksar BP, it shouldn't be too hard to get 47k for a Fungi with some farming and grouping in Seb. You'll also need a poo poo ton of money for spells when you hit 60, but you probably know that.

Is it really worth springing for worn fungi vs. casted from the staff? Theoretically ikky bp and fungi staff would stack.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Ramulack posted:

Still interested in going to plane of hate if anyone is willing to risk it. I can supply the stone obviously and a donation similar to what you would get for a sacrifice (you wont die, but just in case)

Are you going for the rogue book? Unless you have the timer it probably won't be up there.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Pratan posted:

Yes, it was nerfed on the last patch.

Anyone got a corroded plate helm or breastplate MQ for sale? My warrior needs to look spiffier.

I have a bp any offer accepted as I have been unable to give the thing away. Your gems.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

a real jerk posted:

Is a third NTOV guild even possible right now given the current pulling strats and the zone layout?

WIth the windows reset you can see CSG folks buying the DA idols in ec this week if you watch for it. Safe bet to assume they will be running on some targets now that they have a chance with A/A preoccupied with literally all of tov/every other raid mob in a 20 hour window. They do tend to wipe on their pulls though but I've witnessed rustle/CSG do a few west mobs like gozzrem already while A/A were feuding over NToV poo poo.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You still get tracking DKP even if your guild doesn't get the FTE. I am a recently reformed hardcore raider of the p1999. AMA.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

It only took me way too many hours I'm never getting back and a yearlong test of endurance but the best looking EQ robe is now mine.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Very nice! I remember being peeved that it didn't have the Rune 4 click like every other velious class set for chanters.

Can't decide between Iksar Shaman and Human Bard for the next toon to farm a Guardian Robe on. Maybe a mage to really juke people out? I am sick in the head.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You inspired me!

I completely burnt out on p1999 as a result of the many, many cycles of Puppets that robe took. worth.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Class no longer has any negative modifier on xp. There still exists a positive modifier for the warrior and rogue classes. Racial modifiers exist in both positive and negative form.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

The bay of pirates has a copy of Titanium uploaded in 2007. This is what I've used for many years to connect to p1999 and never had any issues.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Charming sucks till a little later. All the blue con mob levels at 12 are way too close to your own. Use an animation till 16.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

faulteroy posted:

So which one of you fine gents keeps ganking items during Awakened's recharge sessions? Just had a character named Jeans with an o-tag in Unknown Guild steal items again (for the 3rd time) during a recharge session, and then brag about it in tells.

Snitches get stitches. If you are dumb enough to have something happen three times without coming up with a theft-proof system I don't know what to say. get good?

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

faulteroy posted:

There's no "theft proof" system for selling items to a vendor. It's just a dick thing to do, but goons guys amirite :human being:

Or you can hand off the items to wizard mules and not be a moron. You've been hosed many times use that grey matter and I think you will easily come up with a theft proof system.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275353

A thread in which casual guilds give up potential mobs to screw over the hardcore raiders. Fun fun.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I'd really enjoy a Luclin locked server with classic mechanics. PoP is fun and all but something about leaving the cap at 60 with AA appealed to me.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Beat 6 other rustle competitors/ The salt from them is worth doing it again because lol p1999 players and their emotional invesmentm

edit: dont mix heroin/meth type no good

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

The goon crew grows on the daily. Would you like to know more? y/n

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

It's legal as it only reads logs is the admins stance.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Zodium posted:

Someone please sell me a Manastone. :unsmith:

also goons feel free to hit me up on Gatmanno for adventures/plevels/both

how dare you attempt to usurp me as Krew King!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Zodium posted:

no gods, no masters :unsmigghh:

"Aut non"

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

r0rb posted:

Worn items with flowing thought are the only way to increase bard mana regen afaik.

correct.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

some crooked poo poo itt

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

wazu posted:

Come play on Red. Nobody petitions plays.

ftfy

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Herv posted:

Grats man, that feels!

You can open a petition on the message board and tell them when you deleted it.

They will check the server logs and most likely restore it in a batch job at some point.

I have derped seb/hs keys and jboots before, they will restore if you can wait a while. I ended up with double seb/hs keys somehow on my enc after it was all done.

It can take months though. Double OT hammers would be nice however! I remember Sirken restored a peggy cloak on my monk who had jacked someone's cloak in the meantime. Ended up with two peggy cloaks that didn't interact like lore items do usually.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Elijah. posted:

Is this worth checking out as someone that never played EQ back in the day?

I never played EQ till p1999 a few years back and have had a blast. I am a masochist though so YMMV.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Whichever one of you goonfuckers is the GL of Kittens Who Say Meow kindly quit poo poo talking me to literally every person you meet. Out of the three interactions I ever had with you the blood level of alcohol/benzos must have been so high that you promptly forgot about those conversations the following day in each instance. Wouldn't say that makes you a very good judge of character. Worthless junkie.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Meatgrinder posted:

That is the one thing I find fault with on p99, and it is no fault of anyone but time: I absolutely love Qeynos, but it is deserted, as are so many spots. I leveled numerous characters on Live between classic and PoP and there were always people playing, everywhere: there were always groups in Black Burrow, Cazic Thule, Guk, Paw, heck, even Dalnir. The population on p99 is mostly 60s or twinks soloing; the server has grown too old and too rich to still capture completely what EQ was like in 1999.

Still plenty of new people coming in all the time. So while you may not find people in those places if you have an ounce of charisma(lol goons) it isn't hard to network your way into a group at those spots. 1-40 I still get those classic feels.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Green server is still in the cards. Still have to finish out blue patches though. Can't wait to have 150 people poo poo socking noble.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

Use the Inn in east freeport!

I did that once, and ended up stealing 800k worth of poo poo from Aftermath, because they decided to have a recharge party when I was there.

edit: ps I don't play anymore. I still have some expensive poo poo to give away. Caiu get's my stolen Bladestopper.Who else still plays? I have a bunch of random expensive poo poo to give away still.

Holding you to this asince I suffered a great deal protecting you from reprisal. In another news I;m glad your poo poo is together and you can finally escape this hell. Sadly for me I am a life sentencer. Ciao Comrade may we meet again under the suns of a happier world. Oldest EQ friens qq.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Anarch posted:

You're officially out? Take care and enjoy the real world dude!

Still waiting on the Stopper! haha enjoy yourself Dirty Poo

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I just made my 10 millionth platinum piece of profit on the grand commons exchange. AMA. wait dont do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Siets posted:

What were your different sources of income and what tiers were they at?

Was a bulk of it lucky drop wins from raiding or did you have some kind of system for market trading in place that you rode for awhile with consistency?

I’m going to go ahead and assume this wasn’t a decade of straight plat farming.

All of it was accrued doing EC trades. Wrote an app that would alert me via email if any favorable looking WTS/WTB came up. Then I would teamviewer from work or wherever I was at if not home to do the trades(this part sucked due to the lag you get when using that poo poo program!) I had only been at it for 11-12 months. I lost millions months and months ago just for funs trying to crash the haste market which kinda worked. Might try to go for even more funbux and try the same market crashing on Velious droppables or just ride off into the sunset at this point. It's been fun, bai.