Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Managed to find Garou up today in Iceclad while I was joining a Tower of Frozen Shadow group. Unfortunately, he didn't drop the quest item I was looking for. Being an 18 hour spawn, I thought someone else might want to try their luck.

The next time he could spawn is ~6:20pm EST on Tuesday. If Colqhoun or one of you higher levels could nab him on Blue, I'd appreciate another shot at him on Wednesday or Thursday. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

pepito sanchez posted:

secret raid plan on blue is tower of frozen shadow this weekend.

when: who knows

lots of good loots to be had in this barely-ever-contested dungeon. i'm def hoping for some stuff of the big boss on the seventh floor. maybe some skeleton keys for everyone if we get that lucky.

Unless we try this around 10EST this Friday, I'll be out of town through Sunday this weekend. Not a big deal unless you want to key straight up to Tserrina.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Did Tower of Frozen Shadow happen? If not, I'll be on in about 4-5 hours

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

If there are any people looking for a rematch in Tower of Frozen Shadow, I've got my fully keyed warrior parked in Iceclad for a couple nights. Maybe we can luck into some more upgrades for people.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

I have the master key on my rogue. I'm without a working PC atm though.

I haven't tested it yet, but my understanding was that the Master key just took you to 7 from the first floor. Has anyone confirmed it working on all of the mirrors in the zone? (if not, we'll want to kill Vhal'sera on 6 which sounds like a nuisance)

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

iNteg posted:

It will. But it also gets you to floor 1.

Tried it. It's just like the others. You basically need 6-7 slots to carry keys for each floor you want to return to. Nothing too special unless you want to farm Tserrina

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

FknMeh posted:

Swarming hits its sweet spot at level 18 when you get Denon's Disruptive Discord. Message Tarts in game and I can show you how to swarm.

Also if any of you on Blue have lying around or come across Lambent armor in EC (I can't stare at auctions 24/7), paying 300 for boots, gloves, braces and 400 for helm and greaves.

I'll give you my set in EC in exchange for a swarm party to 44. Currently 41.8 on Klaymen. Think all I'm missing is the helm.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

pepito sanchez posted:

no, it wasn't like this back in the day, and i wouldn't believe it possible now until i saw this happening with my own eyes, with a cleric with epic waiting on the side, who i was inquiring, actually giving me a tell back saying "lol i dunno, i guess he wants to reroll"

i don't actually care and wouldn't snitch the dude out, but drat is it shady. i was just in freeport underground looking for some spells i never thought about during lower levels.

unfortunately didnt get any screens of the cleric or the tell, but it happened.

What's the cast time on the epic clicky? Seems to me deleveling from 60, rerolling, then accepting all those rezzes in under 3 hours would be tricky

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I know for sure that nodrop xfers do not work on P99, tested it personally. And yes, if I test this and find out that it works, the first thing I'll be doing is letting the staff know. It's not something that should be happening unless they're OK with it.

If you've got a Red toon you want to try, I think I have a cleric in Innothule Swamp.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

Warrior works great if you have a significant other getting into the game with you for a permanent duo. A Warrior and cleric/shaman duo basically never have to wait for a group because you are the group.

Warriors are just dull as dishwater though.

Warriors kind of get trashed on for being a one-dimensional class, but playing the class well comes down to a bunch of individual decisions you can make with your group/raid. In all fairness, simply being in a class where "don't die" was pretty much the major role added a bunch of excitement to the game and opportunities to tank in zones during Kunark that some groups often failed in. It's really not that bad, but having to compete with Paladins and Shadowknights for aggro while leveling is always an annoyance.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

SoUr posted:

Are the admins pretty intense on the no dualbox rule in here? I could really use an EC mule to sell off all my lizard stuff.

Yeah, unless you apply for an IP exemption, they monitor that sort-of thing. You can, however, play on both the Red/Blue server simultaneously without any special permissions. What many people do is create an EC mule for their tunnel questing and just macro their wares for however long it takes to annoy the rest of the zone.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

SoUr posted:

I also need 13x:
Froglok Blood - Dropped
Iksar Blood - Dropped
Sarnak Blood - Dropped

If anyone has any they don't need.

To clarify, I have all of the mats you'll need. Just won't have time to run to Cabilis until later tonight to do the brewing. I've been keeping two stacks of this in my bank for the master race shamans that stick around.

SoUr posted:

I also need 13x:
Froglok Blood - Dropped
Iksar Blood - Dropped
Sarnak Blood - Dropped

If anyone has any they don't need.

None of that is necessary. I've got enough materials for 1.5 stacks of Scale Tempers. Keep your current banded and sell it for spell money, just let me know which pieces you want crafted.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

So who has that <SLAMDUNKATRON> tag on red? I want an invite :)

Apparently I had an officer tagged 31 Enchanter (Boombots). He's in LFay, hit me up tonight for an invite.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

mattmuffinman posted:

Well its been a few years but i fancy giving this a go again. Created a bard, Xherez. Anyone got a bard weapon rotting in the bank on blue?

I've got a Partisan in EC you can have. Will be on in a few hours

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

SoUr posted:

Doesn't enchanting the adamantite require a Blue Diamond (worth 2kpp)? Or is this not consumed on cast?

I was under the impression you just had to be able to physically get to the forge to use it to make the cultural armor sets; am I wrong? Do you have to be the same race as the gear you are making?

I bought the booze required to make the Sea Temper for the human plate set and am working on fishing the other lame component (Saltwater Seaweed), then I will brew the Sea Tempers, imbue the jades on my shaman, and just find someone with high enough skill to push the button on the forge for me.

The blue diamonds no longer get consumed on the enchant cast.

Yeah, the cultural smithing requires the tradeskiller to be that race. You'll be able to open the forge but not craft any of it in a foreign town.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

other time race matters:
primal proc size is based on your race

How?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Aades posted:

I felt that pressure to play when I tried the new TLP server Phinigel, which opens up expansions every 3 months. Everybody was pushing to do everything very quickly. P99 has a much more laid back vibe. The lack of progression is a blessing in that regard, you can take time off or go slow and everything will still be here waiting for you.

p99 blue is so laid back that a guild can secure FTE on Tormax, port to ToV for other dragons, then come back for their reserved raid mobs. :gonk:

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

SoUr posted:

I finally got 4 Iksar Bloods yesterday, so whenever you have a couple of minutes on your Iksar to make the missing pieces let me know.

Congrats, I'll hop on this evening ~7pm EST and meet you in Cabilis. PM me if you'd like to arrange a later hour.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

khysanth posted:

I don't think I'm making the switch to Phinigel -- will probably just sunset my P99 chars and retire again.

Realtalk, I'm having a better time on p99 without having to pay attention to raid windows.

I predict what's left of BDA will look more like Divinity during Kunark - in any case, all of the Velious content I'm interested in is probably one or two groupable.

Aatrek, does Anonymous do Ring Wars? I'd be willing to outsource the rewards to Omni/Anom/whoever for a shot at the Dain ring this summer.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Ramulack posted:

Still interested in going to plane of hate if anyone is willing to risk it. I can supply the stone obviously and a donation similar to what you would get for a sacrifice (you wont die, but just in case)

If you still need this by Sunday, shoot me a PM and I'll log my wizard on to port you up

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

I love this. One group I was in went to 2nd floor CoM, charmed a golem, gave it two Wu's sticks and hasted it. It was amazing. Ranger had to pretty much double pull constantly.

I would play again casually if people wanted to try things like this. Haven't been tuned into EQ since around May when BDA moved servers

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Has anyone checked out Runnyeye since the revamp?

Got a 37 Ranger and 54 Wizard I'm playing casually. Look for Klaymen if any of you guys need a lift. Up for leveling an alt in the 20s or 30s if people are playing on Blue.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

All this solo "go get 'em tiger" chatter (cool posts Pilsner and mool :)) has me considering coming back to Blue on my iksar necro. Thing is, I got him to 54 and just kinda... lost my way? I don't know high end EQ and did not have any interest in raiding. I'm totally into the idea of playing twinked alts, which is partially why I rolled necro. A great, versatile class that can easily solo farm a bunch of fun twink gear for my future empire of alts.

He's got the tools he needs from when I spent a few weeks going hardcore on EC Tunnel item flipping for cash: Jboots, CoS, and lots of INT and AC gear.

I guess I'm just wondering, what should I go do with this guy at 54? Are there spells I get between 54-60 that utterly change the game for necro that I should push for higher levels? What are some fun item farms that a necro could solo at that level? Looking for ideas.

I'm in the same boat @ 55 on my wizard (Klaymen). Maybe there's some duo potential? I see necros soloing on Wakening Lands (holgresh?) whenever I run through Velious. Howling Stones basement and entrance are necro soloable (and popular camps).

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Meatgrinder posted:

Which I would have, if he'd told me what a reasonable price was instead of being a bitchy prick who assumes I'm trying to rip him off.

If you still need help, my wizard can get between Shady and FoB in like 5 mins now that evac restrictions have been removed. I'll idle on Klaymen around 3pm EST

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Dirt posted:

My Mage is like ~18% from 53. I'd be down to duo. We could probably manage to kill some poo poo easily.

55 Wizard available. Been scheming a way to get a key to the Hole and tear it up down there.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Dustoph posted:

You guys going to be on tonight? I'll jump on if so.

Probably wont be on long enough to get a group going, but let's try this anytime next week. Tossed a couple ice comets out last night...they were doing 35-40% damage on the elementals per cast. Gross.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

moolchaba posted:

Today is the day. But I'm going to make this last 1% of experience more of a challenge.

In order for me to achieve the goal level of 60, I must do the following:
  • Kill Ogre gate guard in Feerrott.
  • Kill Troll gate guard in Innothule.
  • Kill Kelethin gate guard in Gfay.
  • Kill Iksar gate guards in one of the outdoor zones next to Cabilis until I finally tick over to 60.

If I still haven't leveled by this evening, I'll just throw in the towel and kill geonids in Wakening Lands.

I'll be streaming all of this for the annuls of history.

No porting allowed. Must travel by foot or boat.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Siets posted:

I've noticed quite a batch of 50+'s in <Unknown Guild> these days. Do we have what it takes to try and camp a fungi on a weekend with a small group?

I'm not available this weekend, but I've got a 55 Wizard in need of a Seb key. Easy rides to Emerald Jungle

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Wizards, let me know if you need any spells researched. I've got a bank full of runes I need to start using.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Guild's been relatively active lately with 3-6 players spread out between levels 10-60 most of the time.

At this stage of the timeline, there's a lot of content you can conquer with half a group of people.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Then again, either class could duo effectively with a necro or shaman, and people have soloed to 60 in the past. If you're interested in playing EQ, post in the thread and one of us can hook you up with banded/cured silk/whatever without much effort.

Longshot, but does anyone have GM alchemy? I know EJ ports are easy to get now, but I have mats for 2x Potions of the Bonefield I'd like on my warrior.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I've got a Messenger of the Queen you can have.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

I'm ashamed that I recognize what dungeon you're in by the wall textures in Unrest.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Did everyone wanting invites into Unknown Guild get them?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

FungiCap posted:

I've started on this server and have managed to dredge up a meager life savings of 140pp (level 8 rogue).

What 1h piercer should I be trying to get in EC with this kind of money? Crystalline daggers seem good but just barely out of my price range (200ppish?).

What's your rogue's name? If I were you, I'd hold off on buying a piercing weapon until you find something that you'll want to use for a dozen levels. I'd buy a pair of hp rings and grab a set of armor from Unknown Guild.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Orty posted:

I'm split between doing an Iksar Necromancer because its probably farthest from what I amused to, or Halfling Druid because I am familiar and all the bonuses that come with having a druid.

Either way I have tons of stuff I would need transferred from alts all over the place so I can scrounge every bit of plat I got together for some gear.

Best advice I can give is to create a character to act as your EC tunnel mule. I can help you transfer items from the tunnel to whatever you end up making, but having a dedicated trade character in EC makes transactions like this pretty quick.

Edit: BDA is dead on p99. Any goons raiding that can chime in on their guild's endgame schedule? Got a 60 warrior I'd like to see some more Velious content with.

Pillow Armadillo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 31, 2017

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Daaz posted:

i'm back, uh, again. IZRD 45 monk and daaz 40 something bard. I'm poor. Lets hang out.

Got a HS or Seb key yet? Got Hoborg @ 45 ranger.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Gray Matter posted:

Have you guys noticed much of an impact on server pop and activity since Agnarr released? I kind of lost heart with p99 when it was announced in March. I always thought myself to be a classic EQ purist but there really are a lot of QoL changes I'm enjoying on Agnarr without the server being the steaming hot garbage that is modern EQlive.

I started on p99 in 2014 and my highest is only 54. I had a level 50 in 9 days on the new server.

There's been in increase in guild activity and people asking for invites over the past two weeks. Server still hits 1200 on weeknights.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Daaz posted:

I dont :( I'v been in COM for like 2 years off and on at this point...could use a change

...anybody wanna set up a date to get me a seb key?

If you're on this afternoon/evening EST we can knock this out today or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Got a gnome cleric from 15-19 over the weekend doing that quest. Clockwork watchman armor, here I come!