Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CommunistPancake posted:

Being drunk does not excuse you from consequences for crimes you have committed. If you're drunk and you rape someone, you have still raped someone. If you're drunk and you rape someone who's drunk, you have still raped someone. Just because they're drunk too doesn't mean it magically becomes not rape.

You're willfully ignoring the point being made in an effort to 'win' an argument that occurred in a comedy forum in a thread making fun of another comedy place on the internet.

good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

canepazzo posted:

This is a fantastic troll.

Yeah that's all I could think when I saw it. It's an absolutely perfect troll.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Something Awful hasn't "created" a trend in years.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Mr Skeltal was invented here. Like just 6-8 months ago.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Saying "the Reddit community" is really loving stupid because there are a million subreddits and pretty much everyone uses it. It's like saying "the Facebook community" or "the Youtube community".

I, too, cannot comprehend that he means the vocal userbase on the main part of the site rather than the more niche places where generally like minded people tend to go.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Oh I get it, you're being ironic because the assholes are the niche and the vocal userbase is like, AMA or whatever.

kazil posted:

Every single time anyone here mentions the Reddit community, some one feels the need to point out that Reddit is actually several different sub-communities and that majority of users are normal people doing normal things.

Like, sure, ok, we all get that. It's still a place that's extremely vocal with it's racism, homophobia, misogyny and just general gross poo poo.

:ms:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I just take issue with painting all the users of a site that's designed to appeal to the most amount of people possible with the same broad, gross brush. It's disingenuous to call something "the Reddit community" when that encompasses everyone from Adam Savage to some dude in a trailer park.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I've been accused of being a radical queerpunk Tumblrina because I've asked people to not use words like "tranny" and have been called a Feminazi so really I'm just going to lay my cards on the table and let you extrapolate from there.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Can I have one more for the road?

ok.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I find these posts telling me to go on a walk. Ery Ableist. Please stop.

In other news, Reddit is basically the Renaissance movement of the Internet and a bastion of feminism and morality that we should all aspire too

-lady naga 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Klaus88 posted:

I want to see the loving spin required to defend that as not racist.

Where's Lady Naga to tell us what a bastion of progressive thought Reddit is?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Not gonna lie, I got a brief chuckle out of the pretty boy comic.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

I regularly gently caress my spouse from the back.

This isn't the stdh.txt thread.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Vincent Van Goat posted:

High Lord Elbow posted:

Reddit, Imgur, and Something Awful "communities" are all the same - a bunch of broken and horrible people spouting opinions online that they are either ashamed to talk about in real life or, if they actually have a shred of self-awareness, know will get them laughed out of the room.

Source your quotes

He's not wrong.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Those aren't bad for racist uncle jokes honestly but the "pairing a random animal with joke/thought" format is one of the worst things ever

That poor quokka has no idea what has been attached to his or her image. :smith:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

He'd better hope he's in a one-party consent state.

If he was in a one-party consent state he wouldn't need the camera.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Confession bear is supposed to be used for terrible shameful confessions so I guess it fits?

I'm not specifically calling you out (or even saying its negative at all), just making a general observation, but some of my favorite posts are the ones where someone points out that they aren't even using the meme properly. It's just the next level of pointing out grammar mistakes in their lovely posts.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

goose fleet posted:

I'm pretty sure this entire conversation is about laying traps

:golfclap:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Pretty sure confession bear is just a confession you're not really proud of. Does not have to be reliable.

Also I like the automatic terminals to order because I can take my time without wasting someone's time.

You're wasting someone's time either way if there's anyone behind you. Order faster.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Imgurites not understanding that a term of affection from your father/grandfather asking about your day is a completely different thing than a term of affection from a complete stranger that is trying to gently caress you?

Why I never...

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone have any good rebuttals against that Egalitarian poo poo? All I've got is that it doesn't really make you seem like you actually care about women's rights if you're that hung up on just the name.

Aside from it not panning out in reality, due to discrimination existing, thus rendering Egalitarianism completely false in the modern world?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Schnedwob posted:

Also- ten. loving. years. He's been begging his wife for anal since the year Youtube was launched. I hope for the sake of everything decent in the world that he's being hyperbolic, but it's imgur, so who knows.

Pssst. He doesn't have a wife.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

quadrophrenic posted:

also does this seem a little rapey to anyone else or am i just being a darn sjw

It's a little rapey. But, then, this dude isn't actually married so it's OK.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Plan Z posted:

So, today is mostly Bernie love and Hillary hate. I have my reasons that I don't want to vote for her, but the rabid hate she gets, rivaling even Trump's, seems really weird to me.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'd also not be too miffed if she ended up president, I just prefer Bernie.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
In Texas, there are dry counties which do not sell any alcohol, 'damp' counties that sell only beer/wine at grocery stores/gas stations, and then regular counties where you can visit actual liquor stores.

Liquor stores are open from 9-9 only, monday through saturday. Also, on Sundays, you can buy beer/wine, but only after noon at grocery stores.

Also the latest that a bar can legally stay open is 2am unless you're part of a 'club' which causes there to be 'after hours bars' where you pay a fee to get a wristband that gives temporary membership to their club which allows you to drink.

These after hours bars may be 100% illegal, but cops tend to let them slide for some reason.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

You shouldn't be, is the thing. It's really depressing and not in a fun way.

If you don't know, just say so. Don't pretend to have a bunch of knowledge that you have to 'protect' people from. It's alright to be unable to answer his/her question. I promise s/he can handle that an Internet website did some dumb poo poo, and if you don't want to or just can't list things, you can just not reply rather than being weird and condescending.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It would be a real kick in the teeth to be an aging feminist academic scholar, having lived through, documented, and researched the tragic internal fragmentation of your field of study, only to see that the age of the Internet has allowed external forces to try to finish clipping its wings by making what you've devoted your life to studying into either a punchline or a weapon to be wielded by idiots, or both :smith:

Yeah, getting old sucks for everyone.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not for whiskeys.

People are more interested in consuming them, which seems like a negative for the whiskey itself.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I will never quite understand the mindset that threads need to be solely about what's listed in the header and nothing more. It'd be like if I wandered into a card shop and got pissed that people were talking about things that weren't Magic.

Usually it's when it 100% takes over a thread and ruins all potential for discussion of the topic that the thread is about. That said, often times people are too touchy about it for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

mng posted:

omg your moderator star is a bird, that is amazing

Literally.

• Locked thread