Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MGTen
Aug 9, 2008
Reddit: a place where a handful of radical feminists and angry transgender folks characterize their entire respective movements, but an entire subreddit dedicated to rape/pedophilia/racial slurs has nothing to do with the larger Reddit community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008
Man, I know that I find it impossible to tell if someone doesn't really want to have sex. If only people who wanted to have sex were enthusiastic about it and communicated their enjoyment about what was going on. But, as we all know, all sex is done in sullen silence with both partners never looking at each other and it is impossible to tell if your partner is into it.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

No no no. It's that girls females enjoy it but then regret it and cry rape to destroy you. It happens ALL THE TIME. Much like spermjacking.

I know I'd regret it if I had sex with the guys that post this sort of poo poo.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

The reactionary movement against feminism is comprised of children with no idea of what they're talking about harassing women into tears. It's nice to see Imgur show some self-awareness every now and again.

What else is on the front page right now?

You might think I'm offended by the weirdly light-hearted portrayal of a group of racist murderers, but I'm actually way more offended by the forced punchline and terrible art.

"I learned everything I know about women from sitcoms."

Also, isn't that stupid bear meme supposed to be for confessions? How is this a confession of anything other then a complete lack of understanding when it comes to menstruation?

Black people are the real racists! They're the ones that bring up race all the time! If they were really suffering under a system of discrimination and oppression, they'd be more like white people, who never bring up race!

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008
More of the brilliant content that makes the front page:

http://imgur.com/gallery/xlt07wy

I'm with the OP on this one, actually. What the hell are so many young people doing at a baseball game? I didn't think kids today had the patience for a sport that has less action then a game of soccer while being approximately eight times the length.

http://imgur.com/gallery/QrIhkl7

If you're going to use the "wise native american" stereotype to push your political bullshit, have a better talking point then the wishy-washy "well maybe the truth is in the middle" crap.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9d9bytk

tl;dr imgur users are insecure about their sexuality

http://imgur.com/gallery/NxYcbQI

I've never seen a confession that was so unbelievable and pathetic at the same time. Excellent work, Imgur.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IcQeclM

Getting sexually harassed is pretty lovely and I can sympathize, but my real question is how hard are you actually looking for a hookup if you're wearing leathers, a duster, a beard, and a ponytail while drinking alone at the bar? The guy is a fedora and anime t-shirt away from being a cartoon representation of reddit. He probably ordered Jack Daniels and Coke, nursed it for an hour and a half, and then got pissy when the bartender wouldn't let him use an e-cigarette in the bar. Jesus.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008
The thing I love most about that sketch is that it's a black comedian, dressed up as a caricature of a minority group they are not a part of, talking about how they're not really persecuted and generally acting like a clown. And there's not a hint of irony or self-awareness.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008
Man, if only filing a false police report and obstruction of justice were crimes. And maybe if we had some sort of system where people that were damaged by fraudulent claims could, I don't know, pursue some sort of legal action? Like a criminal court but for civil matters? Would something like that work?

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

My favorite part of AP classes was always the almost daily arguments between students over who was more pathetic. The teacher would patiently watch over us as we bickered, chuckling every now and then when we would lay out a particularly sick burn, while our fellow students clapped and shouted encouragement.

We did not do very well on the exams.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

Some of them are so ridiculously paranoid about it that now they're recommending guys wear body cameras 24/7 to film all of their interactions.

I would love to hear them try to explain this in a bar setting.

"Oh, this thing, baby? That's my body camera. I'll be recording all of our interactions so you can't accuse me of rape later."

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

"It's a good thing I don't have any crotch fruit like those filthy breeders, otherwise I wouldn't be able to continue my exciting life as a boring, miserable shut-in."

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

I didn't get a Childfree vibe from that at all...

Unless it was uploaded to imgur to post on r/Childfree?

The title is "Then I remembered, I loved not being a parent."

I mean, gently caress, it's cool if someone chooses not to have kids, but I'm always weirded out how most people that brag about how awesome it is to not have kids are just really boring, lovely people. It's never "I didn't have kids, so I went to this awesome Halloween party! We dropped acid in the woods while wearing costumes and played paintball, it was crazy!" or anything worth bragging about. It's always just "I don't have any kids so I got to play 40 straight hours of video games and shovel Doritos in my face".

If that makes you happy, cool. You do you and all that jazz, but if you brag about how great it was to not have any kids because you weren't forced to leave the house and have social interactions on one of the coolest adult holidays of the year, it's just going to come across as kind of pathetic.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Man, I hate it when people try to get someone fired over bullshit, fabricated claims.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Fought off the SJW

Im a crossdresser and was shopping alone in a women's clothing store. The look on her face was priceless. :smuggo:

I am so baffled by this. Does this person think that SJW's believe that buying clothes for a girlfriend or spouse is misogynistic? I mean, if you're clearly dictating how they must dress like they're a Barbie doll, sure, but this is just such an odd thing to imagine people actually get upset about that it can't be anything but a strawman.

And who is this SJW? A customer? A clerk? The only reason I go shopping at a store these days is to either get assistance with sizes or try things on. Otherwise, it's easier just order things online to avoid the hassle. And trust me, the people at Nordstrom's know you're not buying for your girlfriend. At most clothing stores, crossdressers are a known quantity and no one thinks the guy that's spent a half an hour eyeballing sizes in the woman's plus size section without asking for help is shopping for their SO.

It's such a bizarre fantasy. I really don't know what to make of it.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

He made it up for fake internet points, hope that helps.

That's obvious, but what I don't get is why people are buying it even though it's such a weird story to lie about and so obviously stdh. Not to mention, a majority of the anti-SJW set is rabidly transphobic, so I can't see them effectively using this as any sort of trump card.

I just don't get what on earth possessed someone to lie about this and why people are upvoting it. The whole thing is bizarre.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I doubt anyone who posts this actually has a gf, much less wants to marry her. Plus, you know, he can mask his mysogney behind concern trolling.
http://imgur.com/gallery/xF0nNXY

The comments in this one are fantastic. Dozens of people tripping over themselves to smugly throw out outdated facts about an industry they obviously know nothing about. I'll bet if you asked a single one of them to tell you what percentage of the rough stone trade De Beers is actually responsible for, they couldn't tell you.

Don't get me wrong, the diamond industry is a hive of scum and villainy, but [strike]because they're a fashion item generally associated with women[/strike] for some strange reason jewelry raises more passionate ire and condemnation from the imgur/Reddit crowd than other products with similar markups and shady histories.

But no, please tell me more about how diamonds have ridiculously inflated prices, benefit from slave labor and lovely environmental practices, and don't have any real value as you drink a six dollar mocha.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

"My pointless prank resulted in me panicking and buying cake for the entire school! Bow down and worship my name, mortals! I am like a god unto thee!"

A father projects his own insecurities onto his family, abandoning them emotionally to pursue his own selfish interests. It's rare to see an Imgurian be this self-aware about their own childish behavior and emotional immaturity. Hopefully, now that they recognize their problem they can grow as a parent and a person.

"I am literally too dumb to feed myself and my girlfriend is a surrogate mother. This is funny and not the least bit depressing or pathetic."

Betty calls 911 because the butcher is clearly having a stroke.

Please get help for your father. It sounds like he's going through some stuff.

quote:

Sometimes when i'm bored, i run an elaborate simulations in my head pertaining to a situation that have higher odds of happening in day today life. I like to prepare myself with readymade just heat and eat type responses. And in order have a control group i post it in a meme form and check its credibility by going through the comments. If it leans largely on the positive side, i polish the aforementioned statement further and just wait till such an event actually takes place. It can be used as an icebreaker or just to lighten up a dull boring daily routine.

Either ways Imgur give yourself a big hand of applause for "who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become." (Deus Ex human Revolution)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

I get the joke. It just isn't funny because it makes no sense for someone to speak like that.

"Could I get some beef, Paul?"

"NO BLACK BETTY HAM OR LAMB"

I mean, best case scenario, the butcher is weirdly curt and pushy with his customers:

"No [beef], black Betty. Ham or lamb?"

But it really should be "No beef today, black Betty. Want some ham or lamb?"

But that doesn't match up with the song at all. Plus, Betty is wondering why she's going to a racist butcher that runs his store so poorly that he runs out of beef.

It's a complete failure of a joke.

• Locked thread