Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
GtH's art is so poor that I often have trouble telling where a character's head is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

people said the exact same thing about Prequel exactly as justifiably, so uh

what shameful fetish does SFP cater to

Masochism.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
They're also excellent as cutting-edge medical equipment.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

So anyone else floored by the SSSS artist teaching herself how to code in C# all by her lonesome on top of updating her full-color webcomic 4 times a week in order to make her own video-game I mean jesus christ what did she trade Satan for that kind of stamina?

Forget stamina, she must have wrists of tungsten to be able to draw that much at that level of detail.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm 800 pages into Dr McNinja. Still not halfway through. :eng99: It's good, but King Radical feels kind of forced; they even acknowledge in the comic that McNinja had no good reason to keep going after him again and again, but rather than fix that they just keep bringing him back until he's had enough screen time to justify him being a regular.

That's probably the biggest criticism of the comic. Radical basically pulls a Joker in that he twists every arc to be about him.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Forgall posted:

That's not what her patreon is saying.

Yeah, she decided to work on Lackadaisy full-time as of last year(?). Guess it hasn't affected her productivity much.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Sundberg said a little while ago that SSSS' laid-back tone takes a sharp downward turn.

Guess we're at that point!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
That's a riddle bit lewd.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
He's been at drawing Alice Grove for about two years now and I'm not really seeing much growth.

JJ makes bank off his bad comics but it really seems like the guy's got no potential to improve on.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

woah poppy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The Poppy/Kit stuff is the worst part of the comic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mycot posted:

Didn't that thread end up exploding because people got really mad the main character got a love interest? Or something like that?

I'll read KSBD someday I swear.

You might be thinking about Strong Female Protagonist, which hit its "oh gently caress this" threshold and entered full mock-thread territory a while ago.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the impossibility of being webcomics

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
poor ol poppy, saw lesbians and passed away

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Death threats will hopefully be small no matter what happens but readership's likely to fall off a cliff. Poppy's main appeal is in its art, not its writing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This is your latest reminder that John Allison is a disturbed and frightening little man.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
After over a year of oddly happy-go-lucky post-apocalyptic puttering around, Stand Still Stay Silent is taking a sharp and immediate detour into Sadness Town.

The gang is going to disintegrate fast with their interpreter dead.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Slashrat posted:

As depressing as the update is, Tuuri's animal form is adorable

I also wonder who's going to be more wracked with guilt. Sigrun over letting the troll get inside the tank in the first place due to her neglected injury or Lalli once he realizes he might have motivated her to do it by saying that her soul wouldn't be able to pass on once she had turned.

Sigrun is pretty sanguine about people getting killed on the field. Lalli's going to be a wreck, if only because Tuuri was the only person on the team that he could remotely tolerate. He's already blaming himself for her injury, because it was his initial scouting error all those pages ago that let the trolls ambush them in the first place.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

i am a bit concerned over what that Swan that Tuuri is following is supposed to be...

It's the Swan of Tuonela, basically Sundberg's version of the Grim Reaper.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

So Sylvania, a comic about witches in space, has finally put witches in space.

Also, whoa poppy

Z's going to get clowned, but I respect his moxie.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Lesbians bore me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
If Kit thinks she's going to be able to pull some master-ninja Arya-Stark advantage-in-the-darkness bullshit I hope she's worked out a solution for her "squeaky footsteps" problem.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wittgen posted:

I like how Kit is so much less mature than Poppy, even though she has a lot of years on her. It makes sense and is conveyed well. Crazy fox lady just took "I feel I can trust you with my child" as a negative.

She's also presently half-mad from stress and sleep deprivation, and already had a couple screws loose as a result of her Lucky Star alienating her from everyone except the untouchables of her society.

I dunno, I'm not too fond of the direction the comic has gone in, tonally. It drew me in with Jojos. Everything since the (visually confusing) dragon fight has been mostly dirge and politicking with some great visual gags thrown in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Alice Grove recently finished. It's not that great, I hoped it would go more places, but it's...something.

Weird sci fi apocalypse future.

By Jeph Jacques. Avoid it.

• Locked thread