Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Akett posted:

It's been a while since it updated, but Camodad is too funny to not get a mention.

The only webcomic to have an accurate portrayal of Cumberbatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I found a very funny comic, I hope you like it here too. :)

gently caress you for reminding me that this exists.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Recent mentions of Monster Pulse got me to finally start reading it, which turned into an all-night binge through of it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Android Blues posted:

Yet again, Theodore Roosevelt proves that he has forgotten more about webcomics than I will ever know.

All we're missing from the discussion now is an unironic posting of that Zen Pencils comic.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

Speaking of Aaron Diaz, I would like to state that the last two or three pages of Dresden Codak are the most Aaron Diaz thing ever.

Blank white canvases?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The part that always stuck with me is that one comic summarizes a villain's origins, and it describes how he "worked his way into a wizard college on a scholarship" and it's not a joke.

Worked his way into a wizard college on a scholarship.

Worked his way into a wizard college.

There was a pretty common trend of villains in SD having dealt with strife and working hard to get where they are while the heroes are handed everything. I think the trend even continues in his Star Power comic.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Well, regarding MSPA's ending, everything after She's 8ack is just epilogue anyway, because the true ending to Homestuck is that everyone was hosed without Vriska alive and what was truly needed all along was for the best and most important character to tell everyone what to do.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Alaois posted:

he a clown

Why does the guy on the banner have an orange triangle for a nose?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Breadmaster posted:

Someone help me, there was this zombie webcomic I read a while ago that was named after the town it was set in. I can't remember the name, only that it was hard to spell.

It's not specifically a zombie comic, but Broodhollow is the first horror comic that springs to mind named after the town it's set in.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, that's why Lily's teacher is so excited in that panel.

Considering the nature of his power I'm sure he's real thankful he has a fan there while he helps Poppy train.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

woah poppy

That first panel :kimchi:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Burkion posted:

Every now and again I check on his new comic- not to read it just to see if it's still going. I'm always kind of pleasantly surprised to see it is.

Star Power is just kind of boringly competent from what very little I've looked at it. I'm not sure how good or bad it is, but I remember the thread lost all steam with it because it was Mookie being very professional, possibly due to having a filter of another artist directing his efforts.

What I read of Star Power was really boring and wasn't good or anything, but yeah it's not like, notably terrible either. Has a lot of the more inoffensive flaws of Mookie's writing in it, but doesn't have him throwing in all his fetishes and hangups unfiltered. I think that's 50/50 from not working alone and having a protagonist who isn't an obvious author stand in.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah DD updating almost every day was probably the biggest thing that kept the thread going. Mock threads really quickly take downward spirals the moment there's a lack of new material.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its one of the big things about his comic. I imagine his parents forced him down an engineering degree and this is how he's getting back at them or something by having every comic rail against 'conformity' and STEM. :v:

I think he might have worked in advertising or something where he drew commercial stuff. Pretty sure one of his comic's illustrations was supposed to be of himself, where his scratch paper doodles come to life and applaud him as he tells his boss to gently caress off and quits his job because anyone working a stable 9-5 is a worthless sadsack who has given up on dreams and happiness.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Kris Straub has really good comedic timing, imho. Wish he was doing more long-form stuff these days.

Is Broodhollow still going?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Here's the actual Bukowski one.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

gently caress YOU GAME 27

think kroger's will ever make it to oregon?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finished going through all of it so far. Think my favorite part to this point is the "I'm just a bookmark" bit.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

Oh man, this connection is genius.

Oh it's not that believe that humanity as a whole is inherently defined by progress, or something like that. But I know some people are more driven than others by a pressing feeling of curiosity. And during that whole speech about people giving up on anything but games, I kept thinking "but what about CURIOSITY? Is that feeling 100% gone?" And the problem is, I can totally believe that at some point during 15000 years of life, you stop being able to care about big ideas. Ten even says "some lasted longer than others". And it's so sad to me because it's so plausible. Reminding me that even though I feel pretty driven by a desire to see new things, learn new things, understand things I don't currently understand... even though I like to think that feeling is basically what keeps me going these days... I can totally see a way I could get to the point where I'm just killing time for millenia on end.

The most frustrating interactions I ever have are defined by someone's complete lack of curiosity, lack of interest in learning anything new or changing their mind about anything. To read a treatise that basically says "total incuriosity is the stable end state of every human life" and find it convincing is kind of doing a number on me.

EDIT: Don't read this black bar spoiler pile unless you have a high tolerance for overwrought drunk rambling. I won't defend myself if you mock me.

I don't fully agree with that reading of it, tbh. Yeah, curiosity on like, a grand scale is gone, but it doesn't mean that's entirely true of individual discoveries. Humanity as a whole may have discovered all it needs to, no even with 15000 years so single person with their imperfect memories is going to know everything. Nancy was fascinated by a meaningless little story about a building she had never seen before, or forgot seeing if she already had. Jason's Koy Detmer scavenger hunt game is possibly being broken open 70 years after they thought it was effectively over because of new information. I don't think curiosity is like, 100% gone. It's just that a lot of humanity's curiosity is out of necessity, and that necessity is gone. Curiosity now is just another means of killing time, although that may be an even more depressing thought that total incuriosity, depending on your view of it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Is the counter ever not zero?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah I'm guessing he's just projecting a lot of that personality on to his monster because he's a weird loner that already talked to himself.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I really miss dril pencils.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Typical Pubbie posted:

Any discussion of Dumbing of Age is bound to make the comic sound infinitely more interesting than it actually is.

Discussion of it sometimes makes it sound like it's entertainingly dumb but then I try reading it again and the character writing is just so bad that it simultaneously manages to be completely overdramatic yet painfully banal.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Newspaper Spiderman.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

dmboogie posted:

you can ignore everything else botl says but this one is legit. saying it's sfw might be a bit of a stretch tho

Also, Rice Boy.

It Hurts! is legitimately good but yeah not sure if it's sfw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The thread was already souring a good deal on the comic pre-Clevin. He's just a symptom of the comic's decline, not the cause.

• Locked thread