Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
My comic got added to Hiveworks! :buddy: I'm really excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Honey Crab is great and good and only just started so now's the best time to get into it. Very interesting and cool animated/page transition stuff that takes advantage of the medium. Done by the same person who did I Want You To Feel The Pressure. Also has a Patreon!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Also just in case you aren't following the dedicated thread, Thorsby has a new comic he just started: Trixie Slaughteraxe for President. If you want a shorter taste of what Thorby's comics are like you should read Lies, Sisters and Wives.

e: and one more for good measure. My roommate makes Spase Cop which is a lighthearted, weird comic with good jokes and art that slides from slick cartoony looking guys to

thanks for listeninggggggggggggggggggg

fun hater fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 6, 2015

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

The gently caress? Christ I hate people sometimes.

It happens a lot. If the creators want to do anything about it right now, they have to monitor their dropped pledges manually ban people who try to resubscribe. Its cool and frustrating and a pretty obvious problem that needed to be fixed before the site launched.
There's also the problem of the new update (which is good for people who do monthly campaigns) not really being helpful at all to people who do the alternative and charger per ___ which gives people the option to put a donation cap so they don't end up accidentally overpaying.

Its even less accurate than before.
Patreon's a great system but they have some serious problems with transparency with what they're doing or trying to do.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

A Ghost Story: This one was neat because I liked the concept, the characters, and the art itself had some creepy rear end poo poo, but the main source of conflict seems to already be kind of drawn out and a bit overdone. This might be because I read it all at once, and it might digest better read less linearly. Also I want to see more John Wayne because he seems like a cool guy.

aaaaa thats me!! thanks for reading!! dont worry the "main conflict" will be resolved at the end of this chapter because i too am sick of dragging it out. thanks for your nice words!!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

wolfpupy is good, actually

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the making comics thread is the thread you seek

fun hater
May 24, 2009

conan has moved on from making bad posts in the cucumberquest thread to this. is there no escape

fun hater
May 24, 2009

so many, yet not enough,.,..

fun hater
May 24, 2009

simon hanselmann works for vice now actually

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm grateful too for the most part, but my grandpa didn't kill Hitler with a bible in one hand and a crying bald eagle in the other just for me to withhold my own opinions about discrimination allegories in fantasy settings.

hitler killed hitler
therefore..............
e: incredibly bad snipe
read honey crab

http://www.honey-crab.com/

fun hater fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 27, 2016

fun hater
May 24, 2009

that man doesnt have any clothes on!!!!!!!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

homestucks no pokey the penguin

fun hater
May 24, 2009

explain? im curious

fun hater
May 24, 2009

april fools is the only holiday worth celebrating

show me all the april fools i love them

fun hater
May 24, 2009

voting third party posted:

Lackadaisy always has the best backgrounds.

Another comic I think I found here a while ago, the Creepy Casefiles of Margo Maloo, seems to have been updating regularly throughout this year as well. It has monsters in it with a lighter tone than most of the comics usually in this thread.

god i was desperately trying to remember the name of this comic for months, thank you!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was going to say "what's gay about Poppy" before I remembered the answer is "at least one B-list and maybe one C-list character".

oh buddy...

fun hater
May 24, 2009

if you draw a boob you go to hell

fun hater
May 24, 2009

most homestuck fans grew up, went to college, got jobs, etc. its been 7 years! i think its safe to say most just moved on to things more relevant to their current stage in life

fun hater
May 24, 2009

finally something we can all agree on!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

if you need something new to read and can look past the rough art, my comic just updated with the last page of a 4 chapter arc.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

please learn the avshalom lore

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the monster pulse nav buttons are fixed, now you can pulse monsters conveniently

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the other webcomic thread must be slow today

fun hater
May 24, 2009

where are these sexy lesbian comics anyway. uh asking for a friend

fun hater
May 24, 2009

mycot posted:

Moon Over June and Gunnerkrieg Court.

perhaps i could clarify: i said 'sexy' and did not mention children at all
e: actually if youre getting off on gunnerkrigg court you should probably put yourself on a watch list of some sort

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Moddington posted:

Could it be you're thinking of the Game Games Bowl?

he-llo now what is this

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Tollymain posted:

i've tried to come up with a way to describe it and all i can think of is "dr seuss but with grotesquerie instead of whimsy and also the artist is a furry probably?"

it looks exactly like rejected art from the rock and rule character designers

fun hater
May 24, 2009

huh

fun hater
May 24, 2009

harkovast is delightful

fun hater
May 24, 2009

fritz posted:

Phoenix Flair.

seconded, read phoenix flair

fun hater
May 24, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

Willis is probably the lead example in some psychologists long term study on how the internet has curbed the occurrence of serial killers in the post-internet western world, if he'd been born 30 years earlier he'd have at least six dead co-eds in his yard by this point in his life

you sound really normal yourself

TwoPair posted:

This is a dramatic overstatement because posting a trigger warning is not that bad, however taking up half the page with two warnings for a four panel strip, then immediately making a joke/apology is taking things a bit too far. Like drat, just because you don't make all of your audience happy 100% of the time does not automatically make you a douchebag going "sorry you were offended" to people on Twitter. There's a middle ground.

yeah i agree with this. my ideal trigger warning method would be a little blurb on an opaque overlay over the comic itself that you click to make go away. this method that was chosen in the comic is a sure fire way to knock any tension out of a scene

fun hater fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 27, 2016

fun hater
May 24, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Then why are content warnings insufficient as they are? And recall, the impetus for this entire discussion was the Dumbing of Age strip that put this forward as an example utilizing trigger warnings: http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/03-when-god-closes-the-door/ghosts/

If you personally refuse to experience certain types of content for whatever reason, that's entirely your right, I don't care. I don't want people to go see anything they don't want to, I just think it's needless and obtrusive to do it in this manner. Trigger warnings exist for valid reasons and there are definitely people who are not emotionally capable of seeing certain content, sure. But this is a small minority, and I'd argue that once you start including them, how do you stop? Should every possible traumatic action have trigger warnings? Who determines whether a movie's content requires these warnings? Based on what criteria?

im pretty sure by using common sense and basic empathy, most humans are capable of realizing which situations depicted in fiction are worthy of a warning or not. this isnt the deep, thoughtful proposition you think it is. the answer is just aggressively obvious to anyone who isnt logic-bot 6000 and demands a 50 step proof for every compassionate action

Pavlov posted:

I know I should be discouraging this conversation from continuing, but instead I made this.

erm,

fun hater
May 24, 2009

avshalom makes the only good posts in this bad thread

fun hater
May 24, 2009

lol at the 3 dudes hellbent on taking the counter stance to anything this thread posits as good to the point where they are now defending the use of "ching chong" to describe something chinese and framing it as some meaningful stance against censorship.
just offscreen that post was embarrassing, go outside you dweeb.
avshalom please drown out these terrible posts
e: to be clear i am vocally supportive of lovely dickhead characters and understand that you must separate author from the fiction, but this is such a basic faux pas that its reasonable for people to be a little shocked at how casually it was used and defended.

fun hater fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 23, 2016

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the only good webcomic is supermega

fun hater
May 24, 2009

linking to webcomics during an argument is actually the only sure way to lose

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the format?
yes kid radd came first but homestuck was the one that blew up

fun hater
May 24, 2009

please stop trying to start a real fight over the stock joke phrase "fight me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

TwoPair posted:

John Campbell you're not my real dad.

So as someone who's on Hiveworks, and other webcomickers feel free to chip in, could you tell me... what's the point? I mean I understand the benefit of having your comic on that little bar on everyone's site and therefore getting traffic from other possibly more popular comics, but like, do you get paid? Why does HW only have so many "slots to give away"? Is there a quality threshold they want to maintain? Or like, a certain "brand" they want to establish by having comics of certain genres? OR WILL THE HONEYCOMB COLLAPSE WITH TOO MANY COMICS?

they manage my advertising, both off and on the site, and cut me a check once a month.

• Locked thread