Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Webcomics are good and worth reading except when they aren't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Homestuck?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444640&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1626

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sirtommygunn posted:

It falls under MSPaint Adventures.

I was responding to this post

stab stabby posted:

There was a comic linked here a while back that had the format of a video game (though no real options at the time), about some kids who are isolated in space (?) and communicate through ipad like things. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a relatively new comic. Sorry for such a vague description :(

Also, I'd like to mention Sacred Pie, which is best described as "three dudes get thrown into intergalactic conflict". It's an entertaining epic-space story with pretty fantastic world building. It stopped a while back and picked up again somewhat recently. The website itself is kind of a testament towards how old the comic is.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Mattress posted:

Grrl Power? Is that the one where there is a character named "Harem" who is several different women, and another is a succubus who reads people's minds to find out their fetishes and shapeshift into them? And you say that creepiness might pop out again?

I sense non sincere tones in this post

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean the only other option is to plan out literally thousands of pages worth of work and narrative and that would just be silly!

And convoluted

And long

so long

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Of course not.

I'm a bowl of chicken wings.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChairMaster posted:

Real Ronnie said on twitter that he's on a diet and has lost 30 pounds so far and still going, so he's probably fine.

I dunno how Whomp can survive if Ronnie isn't fat anymore though. I mean fictional Ronnie can be fat forever but if real life Ronnie isn't then I dunno if it'd still play right.

Once you are fat you are always fat.

No matter what.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Just Offscreen posted:

Yeah i'm getting pretty tired of the whole Homestuck 1page 1 panel format- I know it's a lot easier to create content at a consistent pace, but it just comes off as lazy.

Are there at least Flash animations or games that happen every now and again that help break up the pattern?

Never read Kos so honestly asking

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hogge Wild posted:

hasn't it been in that for a few years already?

also, has artist said what he's going to do after it ends?

Vanish off the face of the planet

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let's all start reading Sluggy Freelance ironically, then get really into it unironically, and appreciate the adventures of Torg, Zoe, Riff, Gwynn, Bun-Bun, Sasha, Kiki, Aylee, and everyone else in this nifty comic.

Real Talk, back when it was still current and not a fairly early part of a multi decade comic, I actually really loved the That Which Redeems storyline for everything it did and tried to do. Never felt as engrossed with anything that came after it and all of the Bun-Bun stuff was just annoying.

I have not read it in maybe a decade, but I'm sure it still holds up!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nuebot posted:

I know, it's almost like people can't shut up about how good it is in every topic that isn't the KSBD topic.

There might be a reason for that.

It's because of how good it is

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gabriel Pope posted:

The gently caress? Christ I hate people sometimes.

You can watch Team Four Star's Paetron yoyo from 12 thousand to 9 thousand and back again near the end of every month.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pavlov posted:

I remember that in the madoka thread the mod banned the word 'deconstruction'.

Good.

It can be very lazily used in very incorrect ways.

EDIT: Also Sailor Nothing was still a thing.

I keep wanting to forget Sailor Nothing was a thing...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ultimate point in Homestuck's favor

We wouldn't have Kill 6 Billion Demons without it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the pretension he drapes his webcomic in really does hurt it because your knee jerk reaction to stuff like this is to just roll your eyes.

It also doesn't help that seriously that's all this stupid thing has updated what the gently caress

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just as a reminder

http://dresdencodak.com/2008/10/22/the-end/

That was the end of the first...story arc? Of this thing. 2008.

It's actually topical here- I hope new mystery lesbian doesn't let on that she's into DA SPORTS otherwise hoo boy will Waifu drop her so fast those darned sports

And seriously 2008. There have only been 62 new pages since 2008. That's drat near a decade of absolute toss.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Renaissance Robot posted:

Not really. If you're implying what I think you are then please, don't.

I don't think it's what you think it is. I think that's his girlfriend/wife

Which isn't skeevy just

Weird.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Just Offscreen posted:

That's not his anything, other than a girl he internet stalked for years.

Well that is worse in ever way than I thought it would be

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The more I dig through your blogs and such the more convinced I become that rather than a SFW artist who also draws smut on the side, you're a dyed in the wool smut peddler who happens to run a surprisingly wholesome fantasy comic.

I'm glad I live in a period of history where this is not a bad thing.

Wholesome?

Sorry Morbi, your experiment was a failure, start from square one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It's possible my understanding of this concept has been warped by too much time spent hanging out with actors.

Just a joke don't worry

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SynthOrange posted:

Does anyone wear pants in that?

Apparently the robot does

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it kind of is tho

i remember those moments of 'oh god what is happening'

From my experience?

Usually cancer

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is about the best summary I can give of Poppy's monday update. Also for added humor, I was referring back to the harlequin romance novel chapter cover. I hadn't noticed previously the Quibble & Moonshine author logo. It really takes the whole thing to a new level of "aside from the animal people I can totally picture this in a Walmart".

Give it like five years and this would totally fit right in at Wal-Mart.

It deserves to be

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TwoPair posted:

Hey that reminds me, is Thunt still dead? I remember that being a running gag back when the bad thread was remotely readable

Vaguely related, what was that one weird but kind of endearing fantasy webcomic that was gone over in the Bad Webcomic Thread, about...Okay I know how generic this is going to sound, but it was about a bunch of animal people and it had like, color pencil style colors.

The main character was this really hosed up looking Cat Knight with a messed up ear and eye who was half senile and also the best character.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

I legitimately and truly like Harkovast.

So do I.

It's not even a guilty pleasure it's just a nice thing to read. It feels super sincere.

Thanks Fortis!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

majormonotone posted:

Trying to get through my backlog of webcomics to read, just finished Poppy O'Possum (it's very good). Next on my list are Monster Pulse, Demon Street, and Helvetica. Anyone else have any suggestions

Try reading all of Phil Likes Tacos

From the start

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Elysiume posted:

Holy poo poo, the last comic was uploaded a month ago? How is this mess still going?

I don't mind a world with Phil Likes Tacos in it.

It's basically the only humor comic started in the early 2000s that didn't devolve into SERIOUS STORY TELLING bullshit or collapse under its own titanic weight.

Phil Likes Tacos will out live me and I'm okay with that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just wait until you start eating people

Gonna come back on you SO hard

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

Maybe I'm out of touch but I am also a little flummoxed at the idea that tongue-kissing someone can be interpreted as a "platonic" gesture in the vein of a friendly handshake or double pistol-fingers and a wink.

About the furthest you can tow the line for platonic kissing is cheek to cheek style. Or like, forehead kisses, but those kinda get creepy depending on things

Once it's lip locking, let alone tongue wrasslin, that kinda goes past platonic. Friends, sure, but friends who kiss like that are more the 'with benefits' kind.

But hey maybe I'm wrong

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So what I'm hearing is that Dragon Ball Z is the best anime ever made

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MockingQuantum posted:

Plus I probably wouldn't have started reading it if it weren't for the discussion in this thread.

Same here.

Leave Poppy be

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We already have Chimps and Gorillas.

Humans are just that but more evolved

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, honestly, even if everyone was on the same basic intelligence level, humanity isn't as pathetic as a lot of people like to make us out to be.

There's a reason why the way we used to hunt was by running our prey to death. We're amazing endurance machines in ways other animals never had to be.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Deegan was just this

Perfect storm of awful that I don't think we will ever see again

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wrist Watch posted:

Pouring one out for all the sprite comics I used to read back in high school that either stopped at some point or were abandoned and the owners let the domain expire

Did you know that Captain SNES was still running? I check on it every year or so to see if it's still alive and some how it always is

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The gently caress is going on here

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JeeringBaka/status/789114409864011776

Just gonna leave this here

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of CAD, some goon made a video of the end of the Ethan stuff, back in the final mock thread

I've been trying to find it but no luck, and no archives Can some one relink it? It's the one of him pushing the button

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know what that one is even better thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

massive spider posted:

Also fun fact: Bela Lugosis Dracula never said "Bleh". The conception most likely came about this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc_KEi_T0P4

He also only played Dracula twice, which speaks to how drat good a job he did imprinting himself on everyone in the world for that to stick so hard, and never wore fangs.

• Locked thread