Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Of all the indie MMOs coming out soon, I have the most hope for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Kimsemus posted:

For founders -- supposedly later this month.

As for which pack, here is a chart:

The $60 pack gives you the full game, sub time, most of the bonuses, and full beta access.

Didn't they say that beta was going to be pushed back to 2016 due to the one designer guy getting poached? Could have sworn I heard a friend mention that, but could be wrong...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

extra stout posted:

This will probably be very fun but you can bet your money you gave them two years ago that the second delay in July won't be the last, this will be a pretty solid MMO in 2017. Then in 2018 Shroud of the Avatar will be fleshed out, making all of the money I spent in 2013 more valuable than BitCoins!!!

I really kind of wish that SoTA offered refunds like CU :cry:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Mark's team actually seems pretty cool. I do my morning run past their offices and have ran into (and spoken with them) during lunch when i see them out and about. I've bought into the product because I think it's cool, and I'm not concerned about buying into the project because I know which office to place the flaming dog poo at if things go south. :keke:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Tenzarin posted:

Ah Bright wizard the class so good could own people 10 levels above them. They really made sure they were balanced.

biggest reason i left the game :(

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
PS: The stealth concept sounds interesting

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Tenzarin posted:

ESO called and it wants to talk to you.

Them again? Tell them that I'm still not accepting their calls...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Evernoob posted:

This being a PvP game at its core is also very important, because balancing a game for both PvP and PVE is something that has never been done successfully before and practically impossible.

Tanreall posted:

Last time I checked ESO had PvE content.

The game failed miserably at balancing. Maybe it got better though? Who knows...I left after a few months.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not against the change. I look forward to seeing how things progress!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kimsemus posted:

The problem is WAR was fundamentally mishandled, and very very poor progression at its launch state. It's kind of lovely, because the art direction was great, and the game that was developed before it shut down was actually quite good.

Even though Chaos usually CRUSHED order, some classes were EXTREMELY good, such as Bright Wizard and Knights of the Blazing Sun, and some were TERRIBLE, such as Witch Hunter.

They never did fix the balance.

Witch Hunter tore my heart out. Such a cool class design... completely worthless in PvP. I loved them so much I wanted to make a sword/pistol thief in gw2, but alas that combo sucked there too :(

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

malhavok posted:

Yeah, I didn't play WAR for long but I remember WH being good. Just not as good as their counterpart.

I remember the game being BW or GTFO. Maybe things changed after I quit.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
The terrain is looking nice. Sounds like the game is coming along nicely... looking forward to seeing where it goes.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Dear Mr. Jacobs,
I will hand-deliver smashburger to your offices for a month if you somehow make the large scale-PVP in this game good.
v/r,
2dcat

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Evernoob posted:

Too bad formations don't seem to work in MMO's. How cool would it be to make a Phalanx or a Roman Tetsudo.

One day...one day...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I did a dumb thing and finally 'donated' to this game.

The goonfear in the forums is not as bad as other places, but it it still somewhat amusing.

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 18, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Interesting presentation:

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/crafting-presentation-part-deux-2/

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Pavlov posted:

I don't want to read all that. Someone summarize.

Missed the first twenty minutes, but: It sounds like they're going for something SWG-ish. For harvesting, most will be done by hand with crafting characters getting more perks, but there will be some automated ways. Depending on what 'ingredients' you use, you'll make the weapon/item either do more damage, or be more durable, or something like that.

Caravans are going to be a big thing as well, and it sounds like in order to bring back resources from one area to the crafting area, you're going to need to setup some type of caravan, which can then be attacked by other realms.

For selling items, they're going the UO route whereas there are individual stores and such that you'll need a license to sell from. Otherwise, you can sell from your personal house.

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 22, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Sounds like there is going to be some type of naval combat as well. They're talking about caravans on giant leviathans:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I was on my laptop last night for their streamed alpha test. I was running a very 'meh' 780M and they ported all 624 folks to the same area, which was itself in a forested area w/ no proper culling. In the un-optimized state, I was still pulling 24 FPS. I have to say, their game engine is coming along quite nicely, and if the rest of the game pans out in a similar manner, I'm going to be a happy camper. I must also say, even with 3 abilities and really crappy, un-layered graphics, I was having fun running through the forest killing everything in sight.

This game is slowly becoming the next game that I see myself getting super excited about, but will probably (and inexplicably) do something dumb around launch that will gently caress everything up.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Budgie posted:

DAoC kind of had that with player housing, but they made auction house npcs anyway. The way they did it was you could buy through the NPC but it would cost like 15% extra gold or you could go to the lot the item was listed on to buy it for the actual price. Going to the lot was a pain in the arse unless you were a speed class though.

They mentioned that if there weren't enough crafters, or enough weapon/armor available of a specific type, that there would be NPC merchant guilds available to the realms. The also said they hope that didn't happen, but I guess we'll see.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

YOTC posted:

Please let this mmo be good. I need a new fix.

I'm feeling the same way now and I'm really hoping this will be my new large scale pvp fix. To be honest, I need more goons to tell me I'm dumb because I don't want to get actual hyped and become a quasi-star citizen idiot.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

YOTC posted:

Buy cheap elite dangerous, ignore planets, shoot dudes.

Ironically enough, its what I'm doing now!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Third World Reggin posted:

they just did a 600 ish or so bot test to see if the engine could handle it

they said the major issue was trees

also it was on white snowy ground with lots of leafy green grass sticking out and I kept thinking lol camouflage

then they were like yah anyone can dye their armor to blend in

also the standing still animation has some weird hand flaring

I was running 20fps when they were porting us into the woods and not having any lag really. I think things crashed when they tried doubling the population, but can't remember exactly. I think I was running 40fps away from the trees with a similar "600 ppl on the screen at a time" test.

Running around in the woods, which didn't really have much art put into it, was actually kind of fun. Or rather, I can envision battles and ganks in the woods to be rather fun.

Literally all of the art and animation looks like complete trash right now. Hopefully in the coming months things will get changed. I'm guessing up until this point, they've only been working on the engine/server? Because, yeah... The art is literally the worst I've ever seen.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Ffycchi posted:

I know I will get a lot of hate for this...any chance of any sort of graphics and animation updates?

Because it looks like loving runescape, and while i played original DAoC....wasn't even really great for its day(graphics wise...combat wise, yeah...we all know how good it was.)

I have been too spoiled by graphic intensive games lately to go back to something that would have looked great in 1998.

Probably?. It's my understanding that nearly zero hours have gone into art and animation thus far. I won't be playing this game very long if things were to stay the same lol.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, I could be wrong. I've only been paying attention for about 2 months now but just before Christmas they were talking about and show tree textures and grass textures and talking about how they finally decided on a 15k max poly count. That leads me to believe they have done much character stuff yet since they didn't even have that number in stone til recently.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

DandyLion posted:

Agreed. However, on a positive note I am sure we will be playing this before Star Citizen.

This is assuredly true.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Welp, that was an interesting blog read. Wonder what the other side of the story is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'm going to laugh my loving rear end off if Star Citizen launches

fixed

• Locked thread