Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Torrannor posted:

I still can't stand Mehmet Scholl, but holy poo poo is Jens Lehmann getting on my nerves. He's easily the worst German footballer to comment a match. Why did RTL get the rights to the qualifying, they are awful!

RTL broadcastings really are awful.
I remember the first game they broadcasted: Before the match, they had Kai Ebel roam through the VIP-Lounge, trying to interview the "football-expert-celebrities"... Horrible to watch

However, I think Scholl is ten times worse than Lehmann. It's absolutely incredible how self absorbed that guy is (but not in a funny and entertaining way like Ibrahimovic).

You really have to love Armin Veh for the following statement, made while Scholl was working at the ARD and simultaneously was the coach of Bayern II

quote:

Am Nachmittag verliert er als Trainer mit dem FC Bayern II gegen Frohnlach und am Abend macht er Spieler vor einem Millionenpublikum nieder. Das kann doch alles gar nicht sein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Torrannor posted:

Can you quote them? The reaction was disappointingly tame.

Maybe one of those:

quote:

Markus Weinzierl: „Der Elfmeter war ein Witz. Wenn ich's knallhart sagen müsste, sind wir beschissen worden“

quote:

Paul Verhaegh: 'Wenn man in München spielt, weiß man, dass der Schiedsrichter nicht auf seiner Seite ist. Das ist halt leider so.“

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
Lukimya and Bargfrede ruined it for Bremen, but what I really can't believe is Gladbach loosing all of their league-games so far

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Torrannor posted:

They have lost every game except the cup match, right? Really astonishing.

True. The only game they haven't lost so far was the cup game against St.Pauli (4:1).

I seriously hope that they can scrape together a few points in the upcoming league games to get some pressure off their backs.

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
At least they rubbed it into Robin Dutt's face after the match by showing him all the missed chances once again :xd:

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
drat, it's a real shame to see Favre go - such a great coach :(

Hard to tell who will replace him; there are just too many coaches with solid Bundesliga-experience available at the moment: Klopp, Slomka, Schaaf, Keller.........and of course Bernd Schuster and Lothar Matthäus

Thomas Schaaf might actually fit in with Gladbach though. I guess we'll see soon

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
Favre said it would be in the best interest of Gladbach if he doesn't sit it out and just quits right away; at least for now I guess he was right :eek:

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Dunban posted:

Someone please stab Marcel Reif

"Hey guys, I looked over last season's customer feedback and apparently our viewers are extremely displeased with Marcel Reif and his habits of incorrectly naming players, falsely remembering past events and generally muttering incoherent bullshit that has nothing to do with football. Any suggestions?"

"Let's put him into a commentary team with Lothar Matthäus, that will surely improve things!"

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

ephex posted:

The squad is even worse than last season, management is still hilariously inept at everything and changing managers every couple of weeks certainly is the Sechzig way but won't really help anybody.

This is the season they go down. Book it.

No poo poo! They sold Weigl, Wood and Angha for 3,5 Million but only could reinvest 750.000 € of it into the team, because they wasted the majority of the transfer window on internal blame-shifting instead of signing players that would actually be an asset to the team. Apparantly Fröhling made several suggestions about which players he would like to add to the roster, but nothing happened...

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

AlexF posted:

Weigl was never a 2. Liga player, though. His way of playing is absolutely useless if no one else in the squad can keep up. Wood I'm really sad about. He's solid and could have helped a ton. Angha can go gently caress himself. He's basically a black Kagelmacher and I have no idea how someone with so little skill can get a contract at a professional level.

Well, I'm not saying they shouldn't have sold those three. Dortmund's offer on Weigl was too good to pass on and Wood wanted to leave 1860 desperately due to quarrels with the higher-ups. Like you said, Angha was basically useless, so it was the logical thing to cash in him at St Gallen's offer.
I'm saying it might have been a good idea to reinvest that money to sign some of the players that Fröhling actually wanted in order to improve the team's quality.

On the other hand I can understand them of course:

If you go by the last couple of coaches they had, it was to be expected that Fröhling wouldn't be a 1860 employee for much longer - it's only natural not to waste their money on players that his successor might not even want :D

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

quote:

Sie beschmutzen das Nest! Auf wiedersehen!

classic :roflolmao:

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

elbkaida posted:

Seems Dortmund pretty much played their A-Team vs Paderborn. Is Tuchel not a big fan of rotating the squad or is he just very afraid of the Effenberg-Effekt?

Well, last sunday at the Fußball Doppelpass they were discussing who would become Bayern's new coach in case Guardiola quits at the end of the season. The two candidates were Ancelotti and Effenberg.

This just shows right away how seriously you have to take Stefan Effenberg... or the experts that were invited to the Doppelpass... I'm not sure yet

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
Robben being classy by diving for a penalty, just like he does everytime when he gets frustrated... Imagine my suprise

What I can't believe is how Zambrano didn't get called on his various fouls against Lewandowski and Müller

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Dunban posted:

Hummels is hilariously bad

The common theme of the last couple of months, no?

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Healbot posted:

Coman ertha

That assist though :wth:

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

Pand posted:

Das stimmt nachdenklich.

True, but it's also unsuprising. The fact that Lasogga lacks any form of decency is publiclly known ever since the relegation game against Fürth in 2014.

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

ephex posted:

The answer to this is 1860 obviously

Are you kidding? According to their investor, they will go all the way soon!

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

AlexF posted:

Yeah, but with Bayern's current lucky streak they'll discover a tumor or something that only now has become visible through the blow to his head. He'll be out for the rest of the season, possibly for life.

Calling it now: Due to the drastic scarcity of central defenders, Pep will be forced to go back to a lineup with only three defenders: Two fullbacks and Holger Badstuber in the middle, who miraculously will play without puase or medical problems until suffering from a career ending injury in this season's CL final while still scoring the winning goal in the last minute.

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

The only suprise here is that Emir Spahic wasn't involved in the fight. Seems like he's not back at 100% after his injury

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015

goal #21

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
Ahahaha, Völler getting trolled easily by the Sky-Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
http://www.tz.de/sport/1860-muenchen/tsv-1860-muenchen-kreuzer-gehen-getrennte-wege-6510345.html :vince:

• Locked thread