Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

The Lord Bude posted:

That hasn't been my experience.

I've been trying to troubleshoot a Bluetooth connection with my work Macbook (turns out someone hosed up an AirWatch script, so unrelated), and the first callback I had got disconnected after about 5 minutes. I waited a day or two then manually started another support ticket because they never tried calling back. The agent also apparently wasn't given anything from the original call, not even the ticket number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Mozi posted:

I have my taskbar set to auto-hide. Anyone have any idea why sometimes for no apparent reason it always pops out behind any open windows instead of on top? I've messed around with its location and such. Eventually it just starts working properly again. Google provides no relevant answers whatsoever.

I don't have mine set to hide, and occasionally the taskbar gets hidden by apps only on my second screen. Electron-based programs seem to be the main culprit. It's gotten better over the past month or so.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Yesterday, my Xbox wireless controller stopped being detected by my desktop (on the 22h2 update). I've tried the wireless adapter and a USB A to C cable. Device Manager does see it, but neither the Xbox Accessories app nor the Game Controllers control panel thing does. I tried it out on my laptop (which doesn't have the 22h2 update) and it's detected just fine. What the heck could be going on? My desktop has had the 22h2 update for a couple weeks now, but I honestly can't remember if I've tried using the controller since I was offered the update. This doesn't show up in the known issues at all, as far as I can tell.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
It turns out I just needed to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox Accessories app. Once I did that everything was fine again. Also, not sure how I posted this in the Windows 10 thread. Sorry!