Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I'm ready to abandon the pubby guild. My invite code is porktree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Didn't realize I needed to quit my guild.

Am now free to accept invites.

Whoa, I didn't either, I'm now up for invites. (Porktree).

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Zotix posted:

I just pulled a duplicate legendary, is there anything that I can do with it?

I've got a few of these - is there any downside to converting all the dup's?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bandire posted:

That said, I generally try to keep an extra copy of everything Ultra Rare and higher, because I'd rather have that extra copy in case there's a use for it rather than the extra souls. You can go in to each individual troop you want to save and change the disenchant threshold to 2, and it will keep 2 copies of that specific troop when you hit Disenchant All Extra Copies.
Ok, and as a PSA - changing threshold for one troop, doesn't change it for all of them. I now have 2000 souls and a single copy of each troop except the Dwarven Miner of which I own 2. Live and learn.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bandire posted:

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough. The disenchant threshold has to be set for each individual unit.
Not your fault at all. Just carelessness on my part.

edit: Also - I had no idea that the red chests didn't give better loot than green. Thanks.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Gem Boiz is 27/30 - but I'm only a hireling.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Obscil posted:

huh? When I look at it, it says it is at 24/28.

EDIT: I seem to be having some connection issues with the game right now, so that might be why it says it is different.

Ya, I went to check just now and wouldn't connect. Now it works, and now it says 24. Either attrition of I'm bad at reading numbers.

What does rank do? Or mean? In the guild.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Sweet weeping jesus Gorgotha is a pain in the rear end.

porktree fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 2, 2015

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

Gem Blossums has four open spots. If it's time to merge guilds and subsume some of the Gooniversity, that's a fair number of their members. Especially if there are inactive players who could be booted.

How many slots do the three other goon guilds have?

Gem Boiz is 26/30.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

I'm using Lady Sapphira, Jarl Firemantle, My Hero with Staff of Madness, and a Druid, in that order. So far so good - I was using a Flame Cannon instead of Jarl for a while. I'm open to suggestions - this group works fine most of the time.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Gem Boiz is where it's at - we are a Diamond Level 1 clan. *Mic drops

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Is anyone using Orion? I just pulled him from a random iron key and am curious if he's worth the souls to make him level 15 -and who he pairs well with.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

a shameful boehner posted:

I have him, he pairs well with the weapon that I wasn't able to buy from last week that does double damage if an enemy has Hunter's mark :negative:
Holy crap - I did this, and added a Druid and a Flame Cannon. I have absolutely rolled over everyone so far. I miss Sapphira, so I might switch out the weapon and drop the Druid.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is now Champion rank. Good work Boiz.

Oh ya, and a lot of credit goes to you.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

The Crooked Warden posted:

Besides, some degree of weekly gold contribution is probably a better indication of activity than that last battle timestamp.

Thats not even a good indicator, I've given 15k or so this week, but it shows zero. I added 1k to an event, it still shows zero. I'm going to try an invasion and see if that changes things.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

What's everyone liking for PvP? I've been using Orion, the Skull Cleaver, Druid, and Jarl Firemantle - but this round I got beat twice on my march to '1'. I like this because I've got all the colors covered. I've got plenty of souls lying around to level up who ever. Both times I got rolled by worms. Those damned worms.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

duckfarts posted:

I used hero with yellow weapon, Luther, Dark Song, and Avina for a while for color variety, high single hit spells, and people that can take a beating. Also, I happen to have them from the initial quest run and key pulls. Luther is really good for taking a beating and turning your entire team into one-shot monsters, and enough people use a person that uses green, so Dark Song is useful enough for me. I switched out Avina for Atlanta now that I have souls and stick her in third so she doesn't get hit by "last person" spells because she's a bit fragile.

Still, as previously mentioned, just find a set that works okish and get them to level 15 and you'll do fine.

Ya, 15 on all my fighters. I like Orion (green/yellow) in the first spot for the 10 skull damage - the hero 2nd with the purple skull cleaver, the Druid get's green overflow from Orion and is good 3rd because of the weak health and attack. Jarl is the only one that is capable of generating gems for stacked turns which is where I feel like the team is weak. Once the rock worm set-ups get rolling they don't seem to end.

I'd kill for Gorgatha.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is at like 26 members but I don't know if any of them are inactive. We're still getting like 2 or 3 tasks completed in a day and are gradually working up in Rank.
Gem Boiz has been good to me. I'm up for merging if it comes down to making sure we've got an active guild. I am 14 diamond away from 500. Which armor should I get?

I was doing the invade thing and ran up against a level 1000 dude. Wow.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Ok, so whats the main effect of the patch? I'm asking as someone that just dropped 500 gems on some sweet armor, and is sitting on 3k souls. I dump all my gold into the guild (Gem Boiz 4 lyfe yo).

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Well what the gently caress. Every Warlord 1 & 2 game I've played has had the opponent getting multiple combo matches each turn. Like 6 or more. And my Orion doing 3-5 damage, 14 times in a row. I get the beefed up stats, but it seems like the RNG is also skewed. I did 14 games on Warlord and won 3. In two of the games after the first turn the adversary never didn't have all their specials active.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Funny you should mention that - guess what I just ran into :v:

It's a strong team, but not overpowered; I was able to get an advantage in the beginning simply by preventing my opponent from matching any Brown orbs.

I've hit that twice - unless you totally get hosed by the RNG, it's just shovelling poo poo ;)

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

dantheman650 posted:

Ok I'm having a lot of fun with this game! Are there any goon guilds with spots open? I joined a pubbie one but it's always better playing with other goons.

Whelp whats your heros name, Gem Boiz has 3 spots. Oh, and leave your other guild.

porktree fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 7, 2015

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Just saw today's balance changes, and man, they hit all the gem creators with the nerf hammer now. They even went and nerfed Webspinner, Venoxia, Firehammer, and Celestasia even further. I feel bad for anyone who paid actual money to get any of those cards.

I was taken (pleasantly) by surprise, when I was asked to name a gem color for the Goblin King. Now I can have my green gems and without eating them too.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Soooo, is it better to slowly level all your kingdoms at the same rate, or slowly level one kingdom to 10 and then another? I've got 2 at 10, and am not sure I'm spending my gold wisely.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

From a purely mathematical standpoint, you are far better off upgrading every kingdom twice than getting a single kingdom to level 10. (0.97^19 < 0.99^18*0.9 -- you get tributes at almost twice the rate in the first case compared to the second.) It's also hella cheaper. What that analysis misses is that those two level 10 kingdoms give you a bonus during combat that your 19 level 2 kingdoms wouldn't.

I have all my stuff at level 4 now (*still* cheaper than getting one kingdom to 10). Will probably focus on getting the four +attack kingdoms to level 10 next.

Good info. I've pushed all but a couple to 4 now; once they're all there I'll get two more to 10. Man the pvp was sweet today; almost every fight was 750-1000 gold x 2.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

I've been rocking an all goblin team; Goblin, Boar Rider, Goblin Shaman and Goblin King, the +4 Attack and +10 life is unstoppable even with some bad luck. I have been trying to replace the Shaman with the Green Slime since he only rarely comes into play and I am liking it. All those purple's get my Boar Rider several extra turns. I'm mowing through half the enemy team in one turn.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

After the next patch keys will only give one troop apiece, though I would guess that minimum rarity requirements stay in place. If you are trying to build out your collection of ultra-rares or higher, use them now while you get triple the chance for purple/gold troops three times per key. If you already have a good assortment of high-tier cards, maybe hold back in case the "crafting materials" mentioned by the devs (which you will receive in place of the other two troops) outweigh the small chance you'll get something new.

Thanks - I've got 40 keys horded and now I know I need to use them.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Meridian posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a solid PvP set up that doesn't require too many crazy cards?
Goblins, goblins GOBLINS. I am using, in order - Goblin, Boar Rider, Goblin Shaman, and Green Slime (from this weeks event). I was using a Goblin King instead of the Green Slime. Either way the bonuses are great with 3 gobs and whatever, and they combo really well.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Coffeehitler posted:

I have that with Goblin Rocket instead of slime. I tried it with Slime replacing the Shaman and it just didn't mesh well. What I've found that meshes pretty well is Ferit/Acolyte/Ancient Horror/Green Slime. I just need to level them up because sub 10 is really rocky.

I also forgot to mention that when I started using this, all of the Goblins were level 7 or so.

I still haven't pulled a damned Rocket. I can see how replacing the Shaman with Slime would be tough, but replacing the Rocket, means the Shaman creates a bunch of greens, the Slime creates a bunch more and turns the world purple. Then the Boar Rider cleans up. The luck involves getting a 4 color match when the Slime does it's purple thing. I miss the extra health and attack of having an all gob/marauder team though.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Thranguy posted:

No, I've done it before: if you make a 4- or 5- match through the use of the Boar, you get two bonus turns that stack up., one from the gems and one from the Boar.

I have never seen this happen - I play on ipad/steam. I use the boar a lot. On these platforms extra turns/card bonuses do not stack.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I've leveled all my kingdoms to 5, and I'm getting multiple kingdom bonuses like crazy. I highly recommend it.

Hmmm, all my Kingdoms are level 3, with Whitehelm, Zaejin and Karakoth at 10, and handful of others at 5. My original plan was to take Zhul'Kari to 10, for the sweet attack bonus. But I may rethink that now. Thanks.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

This should be interesting. I finally got all Kingdoms to level 5, and Zaejin, Whitehelp, Karakoth and Zul'Kari updated to level 10. (+1 Life, Shield, Magic, and Attack respectively).

So, I'm dumping my gold back into the Guild (Gem Boiz 4 lyfe yo).

Will this make doing the Kingdom Challenges worthwhile again? After the last update, where the challenges no longer affected kingdom level I stopped doing them.

edit: I haven't done a 'disenchant all' for a while. But I have hoarded a ton of keys. With the new ascension thing and the new way keys will work, do you think I should spend my keys trying to get duplicates or still hoard them for their potential? NO ONE should disenchant any troop until after the update.

porktree fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 11, 2015

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

grrarg posted:

Kingdoms have Power levels represented by the stars under their name on the map. Raise Power levels by leveling up troops and unlocking traits. Power levels increase gold income, increase tribute amount, tribute chance, and finally double the stat bonus from a level 10 kingdom. Hello +2 magic from Karakoth.

So, I watched the vid - it seems like current cash based Kingdom leveling is still in effect, and that the Star Power system is in addition to that? On the map in the vid, I didn't see rank numbers, just stars. Is the power level something that comes after rank 10?

I've horded about 60 keys, 100 maps, and 800 glory. I hope I have not miscalculated.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Is anyone else noticing the PVP matches, especially defense, seem much tougher? I'm level 160 and used to think nothing of taking on anyone at under 500, but now even the 250 level folks are a battle.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

seravid posted:

That's bullshit. I don't have any survey bucks, so basically the devs are telling me I can either pay up for VIP status and get a decent amount of keys or I can give up traits and ascensions for pretty much ever.

What's this Survey Bucks you speak of? Is the VIP level the number in the green shield by your name? I have spent 0 real money, and that number is 2. I also had a VIP reward button this morning that netted me a bunch of chests (I think 50).

Also, finally got a Goblin Rocket - wholly crap a Gob/Boar/Shaman/Rocket team is like an unstoppable force of nature. I was running a Green Slime instead of the Rocket, and it was decent (all those purples), but the Rocket sucking up the red/yellow seems more powerful.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

I was reading the official forums and learned that you can get traitstone drops from doing challenges, and they're keyed to the color(s) associated with that kingdom. So if you're trying to farm up particular stones, this is probably the best way to get them.

Wait, so to get the damned Runic Magic stone I can go to a magic kingdom and do quests? drat - I think I've been waiting for that for a lifetime.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

Dunno about quests, I finished all of mine, but challenges definitely give traitstone rewards. Note that the challenge enemies are buffed if you haven't done a challenge since 1.0.8 dropped, the ones I were fighting were common with all traits unlocked and uncommon with 2 unlocked..

I mis-typed, I meant challenges. And I've done 15 in Ghulvania and got a bunch of traitstones, but still no damned Rune Magic traitstone. Feel the grind ;)

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

I made an all Giant team that works ok. But drat am I used to having Gob's with multiple turns. I also went to the arena to get some souls to upgrade some of the giants, and learned two things. The arena can be pretty slow and grindy, and the prismatic orb is not all that great.

I'm going to keep the Giants around and upgraded, just for the Marauder bonus with the Event dude, so when I see an all Gob team coming my way, POW right in the kisser.

Back to the Gobs and PvP for me. (Goblin, Boar Rider, Shaman, Goblin Rocket).

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bandire posted:

I guess now that invades don't cost gold there isn't much incentive anymore to intentionally tank your defense.

What non-goblin defenses are you guys running? I use Gloomleaf, Gorgotha, Ice Witch and Dryad when I'm not tanking defense. Its decent but I haven't put a ton of thought into a good defense team.

I'm running Gob-Chomper, Ettin, Ogre and Stone Giant. Works decently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

When you do a revenge battle, I always assumed that you fought the opposing player's invasion team. I no longer think that's the case. Had a revenge battle earlier where I fought a single level-1 Peasant. I sincerely doubt that *that* was the successful invading team (I am only using a single Fortress Gate, but the thing is level 15 and has 4 attack).

You are correct, even a revenge battle fights only the defenders.