Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ha didn't someone just ask about the Wes Matthews arrow bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I'm actually in Vegas until weds and still had to strongly debate whether I wanted to get the game early just to have it. I love this series so much

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Metapod posted:

2k11 was the greatest game

If that was the one with the classic team matchups i agree. The first Jordan edition

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Um ok it really is pretty cool in MYGM that staff candidates wont just be happy to join up if you have the money but how the gently caress do I actually get one to accept? Im on my 5th straight candidate

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

hopterque posted:

The new app is out for all your free VC needs.

What is the app actually called? Im seeing a lot of fake ones

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok maybe its not on android yet

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

jabro posted:

It is. It actually was released on Android first.

Edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.catdaddy.mynba2k16&hl=en

I typed NBA 2k16 in search in the Play Store and it was one of the first results.

wow what the hell lol. Thanks man

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there a way to check player fatigue on the fly? I cant find it under controls

edit I SWEAR TO GOD I CAN NOT DRIVE PAST ANY DEFENDERS OR MAKE JUMP SHOTS THIS YEAR

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 2, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also since I cant shoot I havent tried yet but can anyone confirm Mo Williams has Godfather music on 3s? That would be awesome

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Illinois Smith posted:

Press down for subs and there's a stamina column.

Yeah, it's weird. Like all the stuff that is hardwired into my brain about shaking off defenders is suddenly useless.

Yea ive gotten away all these years without ever really using the crossover stick but im kind of forced to now :/

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So, has anyone else been victimized by the post shot animation running too long on your players (mainly bigs) resulting in the AI getting free quick baskets? Kind of funny. Its happened at least twice a game every game

By post shot I mean animation after a made shot. Not an actual shot from the post

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 3, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Inside Outside posted:

FWIW, I used a slider set I found on Operation Sports the other night and had way more fun than I'd been having with the default simulation set. I didn't have to spend five minutes before the game setting up all my individual defensive settings either, though I did adjust Tony Parker's after he scorched me on 12/16 shooting. Post adjustment, he missed his next ten shots. It also helped me keep the PIP down to a reasonable 34. One thing to note is that the guy who made these sliders suggested putting the difficulty to Pro, which is way too low, but they still seemed to work fine when I played on All-Star last night.

Love that guys sliders. But im actually finding this year's set on stimulating pretty realistic on 7 min quarters. Haven't felt the immediate urge to adjust things for once

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone know how to look at players organizational roles in MYGM? I really dislike the new menus. poo poo is more confusing this year to me

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone know how to look at players organizational roles in MYGM? I really dislike the new menus. poo poo is more confusing this year to me

anybody at all? Glum?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Also since I cant shoot I havent tried yet but can anyone confirm Mo Williams has Godfather music on 3s? That would be awesome

He does not :mad: and also goggles seem to be gone. I hate this years version :smith:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The Duggler posted:

I think in coach settings you can turn off AI coach adjustments or something to that tune

Thanks but I'm actually looking for where you set player roles. They did a tutorial on what each one means (mentor, superstar/building block) but i can't find where they actually are to set them for the players.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The MYTeam Big Man challenge aka Not Centers this year instead the Best Players in the Leaguelol is bullshit.

That is all

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Seriously how am i supposed to beat a lineup of hayward James Durant Duncan cousins (with leanord pg melo on the bench) with a team that can't have any pfs or centers? ????

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

hopterque posted:

So the new rookie of the year packs are good as gently caress. I sold my james harden for some absurd amount of money and bought a bunch of packs and I've packed ROTY MJ 3 or 4 times now (who is of course worth an absurd amount) and a bunch of other players, even the lovely ROTY cards are worth like ~10k. So now I have basically unlimited resources and have also packed Lebron and another Harden and also Anthony Davis two more times. I've got about a million coins worth of poo poo up on the auction house right now.

But yeah the ROTY packs are basically the normal top tier pack but instead of a chance at historic players you have a (pretty good) chance of pulling a random ROTY card.

Thanks for the tip. I usually save my coins for TBT since i like having a mix of old school players and buying players i actually want but I'll try this next time

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tae posted:

I got Shaun Livingston in my rookie pack.....

Wayne Ellington

which is kind of funny since I joked with myself Ill probably gently caress around and get Mike Miller or MCW in my rookie of the year pack :xd:.... oh

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 18, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Not real sure why or how I pulled Jimmy Butler in my throwback thursday pack but thanks?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea im very happy with Butler just not sure why he came in that pack hahaha

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Feel like i missed something what exactly was the reason for his ban? What did they say

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im so anxious for the accessories patch.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Imagine buying NBA Live post 2001 over the best sports game in the market lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Armitage posted:

Man, I should have signed with the Knicks in season two. They become completely ridiculous. No weaknesses whatsoever, unless being perfect on pro is a weakness. Holy moley :psyduck:

Yea i signed with the Knicks for MY IMMERSION since i thought it'd make a good narrative for the story and i think we lost like 13 games and am heading for a consecutive sweep in the 2nd round. Think I'm raising the difficulty for the finals this poo poo has gotten boring

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Sky Shadowing posted:

Just in case, NBA Injury Report is a real Twitter feed that makes all sorts of joke posts like this.

This is probably :thejoke: and I'm being :downs: though.

WIth how NWS NBA injury Report is irl im shocked they got them in the game.

Interestingly enough their PG tweets are usually way funnier anyway

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don't think I've ever drafted once in mygm in all my years of playing 2k but then i play it weird and mainly as a challenge to make a worse to first team and win with role players

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, the guys online who pause the game for half a second after every made basket or whistle or free throw are annoying as poo poo.

I do miss the part where you could force your opponent to watch replays of your rad dunks though, I admit I frequently zoomed in and out of the dunked-on guy's stupid face for 10 seconds to be a jerk.

I think the last time that was in there was in 2K14.

It was also pretty dece psychological warfare to force them to sit your whole timeout if they're being impatient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im p excited about Coach Mike McClintock

• Locked thread