Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Using the shire as your leveling spot early on is the best just for the fact that the pie and mail quests give you run speed buffs before you get a horse. You don't even need to complete them, just pick them up, run where you need to go, then drop the pie/bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Candiru posted:

Those of you that are waiting for the expansion content to hit the store: if you're actively playing, get your LIs and equipment ready.

The gear curve between 105 pre-Mordor and 105+ within Mordor can feel like a cliff. Unless you have a nice amount of finesse or (in the case of will-based characters) LIs that have really good resistance modifiers, you're going to go from being able to murder groups of orcs (including signatures) to barely surviving fights with a single common orc that is one or more levels below yours. Expect lots of dodges, blocks, parries, resists, etc. Meanwhile you're getting hit hard and constantly and can get surprised by a crit to the tune of 40% of your morale bar until you finally get a drop or quest reward gear.

Yeah they are not screwing around with these mobs in Mordor. You can easily die if you're in the middle of a fight and a pather wanders over your way and aggros.

What some people I noticed have been doing is using skirmishes or instances (sword halls, warg pens etc) to level up and then go back and do the quests in Mordor after you're significantly higher level than the mobs in the area. If you don't have very good gear this would probably make your life a lot easier.

On the other hand, it seems like the gear they give from the Aria of the Valar pack has a ridiculous amount of finesse on it, at least the heavy set does. My champion that I leveled up to 105 wearing that gear seemed to have no problems hitting stuff, unlike my Loremaster.

Also it seems as though they recalculated some of the LM pet stats.. As someone else in the kin kindly pointed out to me. My bear went from previously having something like 40k hp to now having like 95k and it seems like he can tank an on-level mob in Mordor for literally forever without dying.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Do people actually use the instance finder to group up? I was under the impression it was all pre-group in LFF, then run the instance from the Advanced tab of the instance finder.

That I have seen, nobody uses to find groups.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

extra stout posted:

Lots of bugs fixed and some more polish, didn't see any mention of when the instances are coming

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?657624-Update-21-1-Release-Notes

Coupon for the current free store item: RANDOR for a random relic

Last night I was with a group running the Scourges they mention. They are basically just like roving threats (RT's) found in the Wastes, though they seem to work a little differently in the way that they spawn/respawn. They are currently pretty much pointless to kill, as the boxes that they give contain east-gondor tokens and level 100 crafting materials.... the only other thing you get for running them is some marks and poo poo. I think someone hosed up and copied/pasted the east gondor roving threat rewards.

There is only like 8? of them, and some of them are in very difficult areas to reach. One of them in Talath Urui also is bugged where it doesn't consistently grant the quest when you approach it. Out of our raid of around 16 people, only about half were able to get the quest at all. One guy said it had done that to him the day before but it granted him the quest this time around. Who knows.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 22, 2017

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

To clarify, the only thing you get promotion points for is getting HIGHER medals or medals you have never gotten before. If you already have full platinum medals on a particular epic battle, running it again will not give you any additional promotion points. You can run the different versions (solo/duo vs. 6-man) to get medals for the other version, however, if you haven't gotten those yet.

The only additional rewards you get for repeating them are equipment pieces (which are minimally useful in Mordor, because the ones that come from epic battles will not have any Light of Earendil) and Stars of Merit (which you can use to turn in for Starlit Crystals or Scrolls of Empowerment). Generally speaking, doing festival quests is a more efficient way to get starlit crystals, and there are many other ways to get scrolls of empowerment. So the benefits of running epic battles repeatedly is pretty small.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Zvim posted:

The current shadow cap is 100, so if you have the 6 pieces of armour, cloak, crafted neck piece and crafted pocket item (20 Light) then you will hit 100 light. This leave you free to use BB earrings, rings and wrist pieces, 6 in total if you wish. The teal versions have superior stats (because they don't have light) but you might not find they have stats you desire.

Having more light than shadow doesn't do anything so there could be the potential for some classes to get some decent jewellery pieces. I am not sure if a bug or not but I can't seem to do each of them more than once a day, don't seem to drop anything after that. The two non-pelagir Gondor BBs are trivial to do solo, Defence of Minas Tirith is so trivial I tested it and it completes with gold just idling through the entire thing. It is sped up somewhat if you are able to change their stance to 2h.

That is a fair point. I would guess that any upcoming instance stuff will probably have higher amounts of shadow, but for now the epic battle drops are quite a bit higher in stats than anything else you can get.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Innerguard posted:

So how are Beornings, particularly as support/healers now that they've had a few years to settle in?

I used to play a LM way back because I loved having many buttons to debuff, heal and generally dick with things. I took a brief venture onto youtube (I know, I know) for current hot takes and the things I was finding were like

'RKs are only DPS. Minstrels are the only healers.'

From what I have seen, RK's can still heal pretty well, but maybe not well enough for the bleeding edge of difficulty like some T2 challenge at cap level or something.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Innerguard posted:

Interesting.

How do all the support/healer classes stack up in terms of healing output / individual survivability / ability to actually make things dead at later game?

The highest I ever got was a..62? LM I think, a few years ago. I've toyed with the idea of coming back but keep hesitating.

Basically, how do

Beorning
Mini
RK
LM

stack against each other under those terms? Youtube stuff really seems like hot garbage, as a lot of the '2017' videos seem to be from people who are struggling to kill on-level mobs or who record on potato-cam and there's no 'healer/support roundup' that I can see.

In terms of healing...

Mini's are the best healing class in the game, no question. I'm not 100% sure where Beorning's fit as it is the only class I have never played at all. I would say from what I have seen in groups I have been in that they do okay with healing in 3-6man content as long as it isn't something very challenging. RK can heal better than beorning, and almost as good as a minstrel if the person is equipped/traited to do it. The problem is that I think alot of people don't seem to really bother with setting up an RK to heal. LM healing is basically just for spot healing in a pinch, or in some 3-man content it can do a passable job.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Unctuous Cretin posted:

For what it's worth, they really sped up Hytbold. Combine that with Reputation Accelerators and you can get through it in maybe 4 days.

Hahaha holy poo poo... I did that poo poo pretty close to as fast as possible back when it released and it required grinding dallies every day for over a month. It was loving horrible.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

genghispawn posted:

More questions....

I've been experimenting with the essence gear you get from the easy stuff before Pelennor, but should I even bother at this point with Pelennor instance gear? Or I guess there is North Ithilien gear above that? Or should I just wait to get Mordor stuff?

I'm pretty confused about which gear is not going to waste a lot of my time, especially with essence stuff.

Unless you're actually stopping at a particular level by using the XP disabler, then everything will be a waste of your time until you get level 112+ gear from Mordor.

Before that, just take whatever you get from questing and throw it together the best you can and replace it as you get better stuff from questing.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Eudaimon posted:

In "The Two Towers" Eomer refers to Lothlorien as "Dwimordene" - a place of spirits and Galadriel as "dwimmerlaik" - a spirit. Tolkien might have expanded on it elsewhere, but Rohan was deffo not particularly fond of the place in LOTR.

Sounds like ironically Rohan considered Lothlorien to be the "home of the ghost lords"

Since this is probably a very obscure reference at this point, I feel the need to explain.
There was a set of engrish subtitles that became somewhat internet-famous.
https://goo.gl/images/NUKoBK

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 29, 2017

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Trebuchet King posted:

How flexible is pet choice in levelling a loremaster? Back at launch I loved the concept of just running around with a raven buddy but as new pets unlocked of course it kind of went by the wayside.

Eh, they are mostly situational. Bear has a huge HP pool and defense stats and generates quite a bit of single-target threat, so it can be used to tank elites etc for long periods of time. The lynx does a lot of burst DPS including some AOE and is useful for taking down small groups of normal mobs. The Raven procs flanks like crazy and has some decent debuffs and buffs your tactical mitigation (i.e. good in boss fights in 6-man content). The sabertooth cat has an aoe normal attack that is really good for farming low-level (grey'd out) stuff. The healing spirit is semi-useful if you're in a 3-man group that doesn't have a dedicated healing class. The bog-guardian is the only ranged one, so it can be very useful at times where you do not want your pet running around pulling agro. The eagle has a self-revive and a power-regen buff, I usually would only bother using it if I specifically need the self-revive or if there is another loremaster already using a raven in a 6-man group.

They all have their uses. Most of the time running around doing landscape content I just use the bear or the lynx depending on whether I need more ability to keep stuff off of me or burst dps.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Lum_ posted:

Bear is a LOT more useful in Mordor where multiple pulls can kill a lynx and losing aggro can kill you. Prior to that I just used lynx or bog guardian. I've heard the eagle's resurrect ability doesn't always go off.

Yeah the eagle res can be unreliable to be sure. And I 100% agree with the Bear being more useful in Mordor. Especially in some of the areas where you are forced to push down long corridors with mobs at every turn. You can actually use the bear to lead ahead of you pulling a chain of mobs and then run them off whenever you finally get to your destination, thus avoiding having to kill like 50 mobs in the process. The bear is stout enough to tank about 10 roughly even-leveled mobs for several minutes. You just have to be reaaaaaly careful not to heal the bear (or yourself if you are in close proximity) because you'll end up pulling agro on all that stuff at once which obviously has very deadly consequences.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Do you keep your LI for Mordor? I remember scuttlebutt about that at launch.

I'd hope you keep it, even if you have to bag it for a few middle levels until you hit level cap again and can start powering it up more.

Legendary items max out at level 100, period. So yes you will still use the same one through Mordor.

Now that being said, some of the non-legendary weapons will do more base dps until you re-max your dps tier with star-lit crystals. And I think I remember seeing some complaints that level 115 non-legendary weapons actually still exceed the dps of a maxed out legendary.

As a loremaster it didn't really make that much difference to me since I needed the tactical rating which is irreplaceable from non-LI. However I did notice that the few physical skills I used (staff stikes) have basically become neutered into the ground because the base PHYSICAL dps of a tactical-based LI is still the same as it was at level 100.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

xZAOx posted:

Yar, knew they were maxed at 100, but your second paragraph is what I was asking. Words are hard - I was speaking about imbued LIs, and referring to maxing out tiers.

Shame, after they spent all that time on the imbue system I wanted to see max ILI's staying BIS handily.

Even if the base dps is lower, the bonuses on the legendary will probably mean you do overall more damage. So I would say a legendary (at least one that had been maxed prior to mordor) is still probably BIS. However I have not thoroughly researched that point. It may be that for physical classes the difference in base dps is too important.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

dreffen posted:

Forochel is still the place to be from 40 to 45 right?

Also does anyone even use the instance finder feature at all? I figured I would get some kind of hit at low levels for Barrows or Agarwen, or Fornost but nothing.
The only time it is ever used is when people already have a full group, you can use it then to start an instance or skirmish for some small bonus to marks I think, maybe have to select multiple possible dungeons to get the bonus

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

This is why hunters are the worst solo class.

Hunters shouldn't have this problem, because everything just dies before it gets to you. :coal:

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

By quest packs, do you mean things like Forochel, Angmar, Evendim, etc. or are you referring to stuff like the Riders of Rohan quest pack that you can buy instead of the full expansion? The former you have to either buy with LOTRO points or you can get them for free while you have a sub. All the expansions you have to buy even if you have a sub, but the quest pack versions of those only give you access to the quests and not the instances/raids. I got those for Isengard and Rohan I think because I don’t really care that much about doing instances and they cost less points to buy.

The earliest you can get a legendary item is level 45. I can’t remember if you have to have Moria to do it or if they let you do just the intro without the expansion. After that, you’ll have to replace them a bunch as you level up, but once you get to 100 you can imbue it and it will level up with you. Imbuing it can be kind of complicated, but you won’t have to worry about that for a while.

Also, goons are on Landroval if you care about that.

The quests that you do to get your first legendary items at level 45 is part of the Epic Quest line and should therefore be available to anyone whether you have purchased expansions or not.

As far as I know, the only Epic Quests that were tied to expansion purchases were the big battle portions of Helms Deep.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

At level 115 I could solo most of them as a Loremaster using my bear to tank. There were a few that did too frequent of random ranged attacks that would end up killing me.

They are still useful to do in order to purchase 1st age legendary weapons if you don't have one yet.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

It was called my.lotro.com. It was a bit like a facebook page for your lotro character.

https://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/turbine-releases-my-lotro-com-beta/

https://www.engadget.com/2009/11/27/lottery-system-in-my-lotro-updated/

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

So I'm back in the game after getting the major stuff I missed after years and years gone. I plan on dabbling with all classes to see what I dig but my highest character is a level 50 Loremaster. Is there a best way to level or is it still just "do the epic storyline"?

Doing epics is usually really bad for leveling quickly if that's really what you want to do, because you will spend alot of time running back and forth between areas. The quickest way to level is to hit big quest hubs and do the quests, then move on once you finish that hub or significantly over-level the area (quests and mobs are light blue and/or green). Epic quests are fine to include in all that as long as they coincide with other quest you have.

One particular area where it is a good idea to do the epics is west rohan. You will eventually unlock class trait points at the end of those.

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 10, 2018

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

"We may not end up seeing this game until 2025" ?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

I can NPC barter for some level 50 legendary items as well.

I may misremember, or maybe they changed it, but I thought the lowest you could barter was level 53?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

I hope nobody reports my Minstrel's name:
Healn Yoazz

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

I have now.

:negative:

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

bagrada posted:

Is there an easy way to tell about enemy damage being tactical damage or should I just hit up the wikis? The raven pet has an aura of tactical mitigation for the fellowship, and I'm not sure when using that would be better than using the bear for the damage buff or the eagle for the power regen when I start grouping up.

If it isn't slapping you in the face or shooting/throwing a weapon at you then it is probably tactical (and sometimes even then). Usually the things that do tactical damage are magical creatures or casting obvious spells. For example the wights have an aura that hits you with shadow damage over time. At low levels there isn't that much tactical damage to worry about. In high level instance boss fights it is typically the predominant damage type.

You can tell what damage type is hitting you in the combat log, if it says fire, shadow, light, lightning, or acid then it is tactical.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Orty posted:

Thinking of starting up on the Legendary servers and giving LOTRO more of a go than I usually give it. I usually play more DPS/Support type characters (Bard on EQ etc) so I am not sure what class would fit me the most. Kind of split between Minstrel, Burglar, Rune-keeper, and Lore-master. For some reason on the main servers it looks like I was leveling a Warden at one point but I can't remember why. Prefer not to heal, not sure how much healing everything that I mentioned except Burglar does. Any suggestions?

Anything is fine if you are doing solo content.

When it comes to doing group content:

Minstrels are THE primary healing class for 6-man or larger group content. RK can also serve as a primary healer, but are comparatively better at DPS.

Lore-master and Burglars are primarily debuff/crowd control classes in group content. Lore-masters can be a halfway decent secondary healer and might be able to get by as a primary healer on 3-man group content.

If you want a class that can do very good DPS and quite a bit of crowd control (root/trap/fear) with no healing, Hunter would be a good choice.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

bagrada posted:

Any lore-master vets have a recommendation for which tree to run for dungeons? I've been blue so far up to level 30, and did the three GB wings that way. Used eagle in a caster heavy group to keep up their mana, used bear for shatter arms in a melee heavy group. Pet was most of my damage as stuff died too fast for me to get my AEs off unless I was ready and precasting on one that wasn't the initial target. It was annoying to see I couldn't use my knowledge debuff on the end bosses since they are friendly targets until you move close enough that they immediately attack. Unless someone suggests doing differently I'll probably try red for Fornost and not worry about yellow until I'm 50 and raiding.

For all this low-level stuff it really doesn't matter. For end-game content or if you have a group that actually needs you to be on your game, yellow line is the preferred skill-set, with a focus on debuffing enemies. A fully traited yellow-line LM can do some ridiculous stuff, like increasing party damage on a target by 25%+, decreasing groups of enemies' damage by 35%+, rooting groups of enemies, continually mezzing 2 targets, stunning enemies for 8+ seconds at a time, and removing all wounds/diseases/fears/poisons instantaneously.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

sassassin posted:

Peak Warden tanking is supposedly just as effective as peak Guardian tanking but requires a lot more work, less margin for error, and idk there's probably less carry over from how you shred the landscape to tanking for a group with Wardens (more buffs instead of self-healing through everything?)

Right, this is pretty much the reason that wardens are frequently poo poo upon. It takes a pretty good player who knows what they're doing and pays attention to be a good warden tank.... which as you can imagine is not the norm for casual pubbies.

Pretty much anybody can be a serviceable tank using a guardian.

So while the best wardens and best guardians can tank about on the same level, the average warden is starkly shittier than the average guard.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I like Forochel overall, but it's quick travel is severely lacking. I can't remember which route it is, but I definitely recall one location not having a direct quick travel, so you had to spend 5 minutes riding back and forth. And it was one of those places where you would be doing that a lot. At least it had the slow travel option, so you can just do something else for 5 minutes, but it was still really annoying.

You're probably talking about Pynti-Peldot which is the in the center-south section of the map. I think it does actually have a quick travel to it, but it is from Ost Forod. Oddly enough though it does not have a fast travel to or from it and Suri-Kyla (the main town in the northeast) or Zigilund (the dwarf fortress in the west).

Also the fast-travel that goes from Suri-Kyla (northest) to Kuru-leiri (northwest) is gated behind a quest chain that starts in Suri-Kyla, as well as a reputation requirement.

So yeah, the fast-travelling in Forochel is pretty borked.

One of my greatest annoyances for a long time with LOTRO in general has been that the stablemaster system does not have a method to mark a path using multiple stables from one destination to another (either automatically or manually) and have it queue up the steps to get you there. While I realize that creating an algorithm to do this automatically would be pretty complex, since it would have to incorporate your known stables and fastest/cheapest path, etc.... they could at the very least implement a way to queue up routes manually on the stable map...

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 13, 2018

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

bagrada posted:

Do hunters have battle cry abilities? Just wondering if a dwarf or elf hunter would shout the callouts that are either the best or most annoying part of leveling one depending on your tolerance.

As far as I know they only have one ability like that which is a single target ~15sec fear. I think it is called "Cry of the Predator" or something like that, but I haven't played a hunter in quite a while so something else might've been added at some point.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

If you're in a fellowship don't you automatically get a skill that lets you warp to the house?

A kinship, but yes, you have a "return to kinship house" ability that I believe has a 1hr cooldown default.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

MF_James posted:

Someone in chat was mentioning legacy items only go to level 100, so are they basically worthless after that because they get outdone by dropped/quested gear?

At that point, legendary items become "imbued" legendaries, which means that their stats and legacies go up over time, but the actual "item level" of it stays at level 100. It just means that past that point, you will not ever need to replace it, since the "cap" on the legacies and DPS moves up with the player level cap.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

MF_James posted:

Ahhh so you basically build your perfect legendary weapons with the legendaries you got from deconning and your good to go.

Yep, thats the gist of it. You will still have to pour a lot of time/effort into maxing out the legacies, since they go much higher for imbued legendaries than the regular ones. And every time the level cap rises, the legacy caps should rise as well I think. I haven't been around since this last expansion so I'm not 100% sure they did.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

jalapeno_dude posted:

Legendary weapons are absolutely mandatory, but third age ones drop like candy from mobs to the extent they'll quickly fill up your bags. While leveling third age weapons are absolutely fine, and once you hit level 100 and imbued legendaries, there is no difference other than vanity glamour between third, second, and first ages- they'll all ultimately have the same stats. This has been true since 2015.

So yes, leveling crafting just to make legendaries is totally unnecessary.

Unless something has changed, that is not entirely accurate. While imbued 3rd-age items do have the same aboslute caps for legacies as 1st ages, a 1st age will start with slightly higher legacy caps than a third age, and therefore require fewer anfalas scrolls (and starlit crystals, but they are easy-peasy to get in festivals from what I remember) in order to level them up to max. Also a 1st age item that has passive stats (i.e. two-handed weapons), the passives on a 1st age will be higher than a third age, and those do not increase after imbuement. However, with the current stat caps, those bonuses are probably very minimal.

So there are some slight differences.... is it worth it to worry about getting a 1st age item? The slight workload in getting a 1st age vs. imbuing a 3rd age and getting a few extra crystals/scrolls is probably pretty close to a wash.

However, there are easier methods to obtain a 1st age than crafting. The easiest way I found back in the day was doing the roving threats. There used to be groups that would go around doing the raid level ones all the time. You can turn in like 50? of the tokens you get from those to buy a 1st age weapon.

Disclaimer: I may be wrong, since stuff could've significantly changed since I last played the game (in any significant capacity) which was about January 2019ish

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 22, 2020

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

I didn't know the exact numbers, so thanks for that. That sounds about right. I knew it was at least a significant difference in terms of flat amount of work to make them equivalent, but I couldn't remember exactly how much.

Back when I got my first age items, I did it by roving threats, and it took several hours after getting in with a good group that cleared out multiple zones to complete the deeds. However, that was at a busier time for the game so it was probably much more viable to find groups like that than it is now. In the game today I'm sure it is easier to just use third age items and grind out the few extra quests to cover the difference in scrolls/crystals.

Then again, I also did these when the level cap was 105, so many of them were actually significant threats and you needed a pretty full group. Now you would probably only need a single level 120+ character to assist and clean them all up.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Lum_ posted:

Free quest packs extended until 8/31 effectively forever (if you log in before 8/31)

https://lotro.com/en/friendsforever

Also all expansions will go on sale for 99 cents, so basically you can be a drunk hobbit for free forever.

Uh wow, this is pretty crazy.... like so crazy it makes me think it some kind of last gasp before they announce that they're going to close down or something.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Comrade Koba posted:

The expansion pack discounts aren’t live yet AFAIK but coming soon.

No need to buy points, just play the game and do as many deeds as you can in every zone as you level. In case you didn’t already know, deeds are separate from quests and are more like proto-achievements (kill X orcs, visit all the ruins in a single zone, etc). They usually award between 5-20 LotrO points each.

Another useful thing from the store is the currency wallet. It lets you store all the faction-specific currency items you find in a separate limitless bag instead of having them take up inventory space.

They just went live a couple of hours ago, in fact. Note however that this is the "expansion quest" packs... not the "Expansion" itself per se. I'm not really sure that there is much difference besides maybe some title and minor cosmetic items.

https://twitter.com/lotro/status/1268623750142078980

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Comrade Koba posted:

I’m assuming that means you get the quests and dungeons but not the new classes like Warden, etc.

Yeah that's probably correct as well, I didn't think about the bonus classes or races, but I would not think they would be included in a quest pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Comrade Koba posted:

You were "done" with the first book after the fight you had with Mordirith, because that's where the original Shadows of Angmar ended. The rest is pre-expansion filler that really should have been put in its own book. All of it isn't bad (although gently caress doing it on a class without easy access to fast travel, lol), but it's a bit of a slog early on. Like jalapeno_dude said, just do it for completion and it'll make more sense later on.

What I did to make things easier was to beeline for the free legendary item in Moria (you need to do the first few quests of Book II), then do all of Eregion to gain a few easy levels before powering through the rest of the Angmar stuff. You also get a deed and a title for completing it, if that's your kind of thing.

If you're willing to pay a few bucks for mithril coins, it should make those quests go really fast since you can just teleport back and forth using them and half of the quests are just talking to someone.