Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I've put in some cash, a short term one for the Biden thing, a mid term one for the Rubio one (I'm convinced he's going to be the one, but at the very least he's gonna raise from where he is now), and a long term one with the Dems in the white house. Here's hoping I'm not a gently caress-up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

Is the likelihood of Congress not even getting a BOOO IRAN DEAL bill through really high enough to have the Veto market around 50 while the Congressional Override market is in the 90s?

It's all about the filibuster. I've put a bunch of share in "No" for the "Will Obama veto a disapproval", because there's a possibility that, if there are 41 Democrats in Senate who support the deal, they can filibuster the thing so it doesn't even cross Obama's desk. If there's less than 35, however, then you get a disapproval passed through congress. Between, it doesn't pass because of the veto.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

We'll have to see when they actually get back, but I'm still dubious that Reid can pull together a full 41 to filibuster it. Republicans only need to pick up 4 more to bring it to a vote and there's another 14 still left to declare.

Yes on the veto definitely shouldn't be in the 70s or higher, but at least the mid 60s seems more likely. Of course the market might have changed since last I looked when yes was around 54.

There are 15 undecided, and 12 need to be in favor of the deal for a filibuster to happen. Most recent reports are saying that 6 or 7 of the 15 are private "probably yes"s, so it's really down to five or six senators. I think Corey Booker is one of those, to boot.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

I can't help but feel that the oil lobbyists, if they haven't already, will put this issue to rest behind the scenes and the various senators are just getting their harrumphing in while they can.

Would they be pro- or anti-Iran deal? I assume pro, because that means more oil, but they're pure evil, and I can't pretend to know how that works.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

Pro. Big Oil is about the only American industry that can regularly tell Israel to get hosed.

Woah, I'm actually cheering for Big Oil.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stereotype posted:

Nothing right now looks like a good bet even though I dropped $20 into this thing. I want to bet on, like, "approval of senate above %15.5" because its going for like 20-70 right now and is at 15.3. I guess I don't understand what polls they can use though and which ones come out next and which way they trend.

If I could only put my money in one thing right now, it would be Joe Biden not running for president. You can just about double your money on that one.

edit: I'm currently buying 220 shares of Biden not running for 50 cents, I'm going to be rich (note: rich may be an overstatement).

Yoshifan823 has issued a correction as of 05:15 on Sep 2, 2015

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Golden Bee posted:

But the filing deadline is two months out.

It's slowly getting inflated by people who think he's going to announce when he goes on Colbert's new show next week. It'll drop a bunch after that night when he doesn't announce.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hottt Tipppp:

The 44+ on the Gallup poll has Nos for crazy cheap right now, I expect the added poll from tomorrow to dip a little, which means people will panic buy them and drive the price up, you could probably get a nice profit there.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
New markets are up! Along with the typical polling questions, you have three questions about this week's debate. Who will win, who will lose, and who will get the most airtime.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Got out of Kasich when I thought he peaked (after that 1st debate). Made a decent profit. I bought yes back before he announced. Rolled everything into Biden Yes a while back and am looking forward to a nice mid-October cash out.

You have to be willfully ignoring some pretty blatant loving evidence to go with No at this point.

Watch his interview with Colbert and tell me that Biden is a man who thinks he can handle a year-plus long campaign. He wants to be president, but right now, he doesn't want to run for president. And I don't blame him.

Believe me, I'd be happy as poo poo if Biden ran (aside from the money I'd lose), especially because I might have a job result from that, but he's not gonna, unless something really changes with Hillary.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fronz posted:

It's only 80 cents to buy that Walker will not be the next to drop out (Yes is selling for 38). If that price goes down some more it'd be a steal, no way Kochs give up on him so early.

Lol rip your money

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
On the one hand, I'm sad, because I wanted Joe to run. On the other, I'm happy, because I made a few hundred dollars. And still, I'm disappointed because I COULD HAVE MADE SO MUCH MORE!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just put in a couple of buy orders for cheap "Wins the CNBC Debate" shares for Christie and Cruz. At 10 cents per, I can put $10 on both of them and not feel bad if they don't pull through, but I have a feeling that one of those two will have a good night. Christie's been gaining a bit of momentum here and there over the last few months, and Ted Cruz is about due for a big win. And if Rubio wins? Whatever, I'm out $20. I still won a good bit from the Biden bet to play with.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

Lot's of fun new markets just opened:
  • Will Donald Trump win any primaries or caucuses
  • Will Condoleezza Rice be nominated for VP
  • Who will win South Carolina
  • Who will win Nevada
  • :siren: Will Bush drop out before Iowa :siren:

I'm attempting to get in early on the "rational" positions for the SC/NV GOP primary races, which is to say, No on Carson, Yes on Cruz/Rubio/Trump.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have put in a pretty decent amount of money on Vitter being elected tomorrow. I just have a terrible, terrible feeling that everything that's happened over the last week, combined with Bevin's win in KY is gonna drive people out.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
RIP my money

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not gonna lie, Vitter losing really hurt me in the wallet area (though it's dulled by the fact that he's a shithead who lost, so woo), but a kind soul put up 500 shares of Carson winning the Iowa Primary for 10 cents a piece, which means that somewhere, the PredictIt gods are looking out for me, because that's basically as low as he's ever been, and he's the exact right type of religious shithead to win in Iowa. See: Huckabee, Mike or Santorum, Rick.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am a loving idiot who almost wasted a bunch of money betting on the SotU not being shorter than 55 minutes because I didn't think. Luckily I got out in time, but that was some loving easy money I gave up because I'm a dumb loving idiot.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in on No for Cruz and Rubio, Yes for Kasich. Kasichmentum get me money!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the safest bet for some good, quick profit is putting money in Carson not dropping out before 2/12, because he ignored NH for a reason, and that reason is South Carolina.

edit: For reference, I put money down on that at 80c/share, and I'm hoping it drops a little more through the night as Carson's results get worse.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arkane posted:

Think we're straight on Carson...

I accidentally received an email from his campaign (one of the names is similar to mine), and it has a full schedule for his BUS TOUR through South Carolina, with contact information for every stop. Plus he is in the debate. Why drop out before the debate?

Yeah, Carson NO is such a sure thing that I put basically all my money in it. It's like people forgot that he skipped NH specifically because SC is so much more friendly to him. He was never gonna do well in the Northeast.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm looking ahead to Super Tuesday states, and I'm checking to see if there are any where I should get in while the prices are still in the flux of being early, and Minnesota Dem Primary seems like an easy place to make some money. Clinton's at a low price of 45ish despite a poll from less than a month ago giving her a huge advantage. I know Minnesota tends to be more liberal and Hillary dropped the ball there in 2008, but after she handily takes Nevada and SC, her prices are bound to go up. I'll probably jump on that train once my Ben Carson money comes in tomorrow.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

After getting burned for over two weeks last summer, I don't like participating in locked markets. Anything that closes out soon I always have a .99 sell order on.

In other news, my Romney RNOM plan is finally working. I have a huge buy order at .01 and a huge sell order at .02 and they're both spitting me out free cash, maybe ten bucks so far

I have some of those Romney ones, but I'm holding on to them as a lottery ticket on the off chance armageddon happens.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Abel Wingnut posted:

how could he even do that?

Off the top of my head, I don't know. But if there was a man to figure out how to do that, it would be Ted Cruz.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How the gently caress is Ben Carson dropping out before Super Tuesday only at 20c? I feel like I'm stealing money from people, considering he's basically out of money after Nevada.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fiorina said the exact same thing.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm kinda scared, but I'm letting my Hillary in MN and CO shares ride. I could get out now with a somewhat decent gain, but after tonight I'm starting to think she's gonna take 9/11 (never forget) states on Super Tuesday.

edit: My buying lowish on Trump in Minnesota and Alaska are gonna be able to subsidize me if I lose both, and if I lose one and win one I'll still end up ahead. If those things weren't true, I would probably be getting out right now.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary's gotta win one of MN or CO and I'll have a happy night.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm slightly scared that I'm gonna be at a basketball game during the most important part of results, but I have enough confidence in my picks. Hopefully by the end of the game I'll be up a few hundred.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Bernie Oklahoma has been super jumpy all day. No got as high as 75. I missed that but I did sell a bunch in the 60's. I just bought 600 at 41 and 42 cents on a dip. Now it's 50. Do I sell now and take the quick 9 cents or do I hold and hope it jumps back to 60?

Hold it and make a poo poo load of money tonight.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
RIP my money. I should have quite while I was ahead, went from almost 200 up before I left this evening four hours ago to down about 300. I'll still have a little money to play with after tonight but it's gonna take me a while to work back up to where I started.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've come to the conclusion that I'm bad at this and probably shouldn't be allowed to gamble because I think too highly of my own dumb bad opinions

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty much done. I made my big money on Biden not running, and my account is basically out after tonights massive losses. I've done the PI equivalent of put everything on 00 by putting up an offer to buy about 950 shares of Romney at .01 if/when they get back down there, and probably won't re-up for a while until we get closer to the general and I can put a 50/50 on Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

Also, a lot can change in 8 months' time.

If something happens in this country that turns the tides that far in favor of Republicans, everyone is gonna have a hell of a lot more problems than being out $850.

That said, that could be the difference between survival and being taken and enslaved by the Trumpenreich.

• Locked thread