Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Merlot Brougham posted:

Yep.

Hot Tip: Body slams increase profit margins so much, you'll need a 20 gallon hat to carry away all this free money.

"Quist No From the Get-Go"™

quist no after the body slam incident was an incredible opportunity at 50c, almost made me want to get back into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

what about that doesn't apply to this week's announcement? I don't get what's ambiguous about it

It isn't 100% clear if this line has been satisfied: "[Trump or agent] shall publicly announce the United States' unconditional withdrawal from the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)..." Part of the problem is that Trump is functionally illiterate, so the actual words that came out of his mouth are confusing: "“the United States will withdraw from the Paris climate accord, but begin negotiations to reenter either the Paris accord” or another “entirely new transaction, on terms that are fair to the United States.” Does that amount to "unconditional withdrawal?"

Personally, I think Yes is a good buy at 70c, but these rules have been known to bite people in the rear end, and you can safely assume that dozens of maxed bettors will be emailing PI in both directions with what amount to legal briefs on the matter. Part of the problem is that people "farm" ambiguous markets by buying whatever is cheap and then selling when the price goes up due to chaos.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

It is 100% clear that that line hasn't been satisfied; the UNFCCC treaty was never mentioned by Trump. Trump ejecting us from the UNFCCC would've been the super quick way of ejecting us from the Paris Agreement.

The Paris Agreement is subordinate to the UNFCCC, and PI makes that distinction between the two in the rules.

It's also fairly clear that Trump hasn't yet triggered the second part of the rules by merely making a political speech (and PI would seem to agree, by virtue of the market being open). We can't actually begin leaving the agreement until 2019. It remains to be seen whether anything in writing or official is submitted anywhere, hence the pricing at 70. People are hoping for something to be released by the Federal Govt that codifies our exit, but it is unknown when or if it will come.

I went through this all again and I think this is probably the same result I would reach, but lol @ relying on PI to come to that conclusion (and also lol @ whoever writes their rules, once again he managed to completely misinterpret the title of the market).

It certainly has the feel of a sucker's market.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Merlot Brougham posted:

Im getting ready to sell off all the mid ranges I bought for 2 cents. Holding my No on conservative 329 or less.

RIP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
looks like exit polls may be over-favoring labour, actual results looking equivocal so far. very little data, however.

hold on to ur butts if youve got money in this one

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Merlot Brougham posted:

That's what I'm seeing so far. And of course hoping for.

Those first 3 results or so were misleading, exit polls looking spot-on now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
It's looking like Handel might have some momentum going into election day, polls have slowly moved in her direction over the last couple weeks.

Market sitting at 50-50 though, no way I would buy in on either side without additional information.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

theres a will theres moe posted:

I bet on southern Dems failing to show the gently caress up and won.

hope you got ossoff no when it was like 30 cents

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LolitaSama posted:

Anyone know any examples of the money on this site getting it majorly wrong?

Biden Run springs to mind. I've seen markets flip 2, 3, or even 4 times before conclusion with heavy trading on each step. I haven't played in a few months, though, but I doubt things have changed.

Note that the long-term players in the tweet markets have enormous spreadsheets and homemade algorithms at this point, and can A) tell you the odds of a tweet on a Tuesday afternoon and B) instantly trade when a tweet is made thanks to software they have set up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

No on SCOTUS retirement is a great bet iyam, should collapse Monday after AMK doesn't retire

do you have inside info on this one?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
they want me back

oh god

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

I can't believe that there's a thread in c-spam where people don't think Moore will win by at least 10 points.

He'll probably win by less than that.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Anyone in on Moore v Jones in Alabama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Jones is pretty cheap and the exit polls (lol I know) point to a close race. Probably worth a buy based on the available facts and sub-30 pricing, but lol.

• Locked thread