Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Regardless of what they knew beforehand. Baylor, the institution, not just the football program, still was reprehensible after the rape. Not knowing doesn't impact that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

At this point, I'd like to have the Baylor apologists defend the schools actions after Ukwauchu was charged with rape.

Naw man, the fact that no one explicitly told them in written form that this guy had an issue with domestic violence totally excuses everything Baylor did both before and after the rape. Duh.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anne frank fanfic posted:

Our rapists actually go to jail -Baylors new recruiting slogan

But in the meantime you can work out with the team and we'll even make sure to schedule you to be in the same study sessions as your victim!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Our issues are more about malicious non-action as opposed to malicious action. It could have been worse! And this time we didn't even kill anybody!
-Baylor's new slogan.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jerome Agricola posted:

Oh poo poo, I thought you were being facetious in this thread before. Jesus christ.

He's a Texas A&M fan. What do you expect?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kittenmittons posted:

And then they hired James loving Franklin. What a joke.

'We need to find us a guy who will take action when he learns about someone in the program committing rape'

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The defense rests.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

kick them out of the big 12.. not because this shite is vile. but because they are baylor

I'm down.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

quote:

“Our understanding is that Patty was disappointed in her role in implementing the recommendations that resulted from the Pepper Hamilton investigation,”

So if I'm reading that right their Title IX coordination resigned out of frustration with the amount of support she was getting from the administration?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
She's appearing on CBS tommorow morning. That might not go well for Baylor.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Kick Baylor and Penn State out of their conferences, make them just schedule each other for 12 games a year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kittenmittons posted:

Build a new stadium for them to play in where the stands face away from the field.

You can't see anything. And all you can hear is rhythmic tackling.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Duckaerobics posted:

So this guy got released back in June. According to him he got a letter saying his withdraw from school was accepted even though he had not attempted to withdraw. He asked if there was a Title IX investigation against him and was told there was not. He apparently was removed for a violation of the school code of conduct. Also his old coach was told that if he transferred there would be no investigation and they would keep it a secret.

They are still doing the same thing they got in trouble for and not investigating sexual assault. They want to hide this/deflect blame.

lol, that's real? Because I'm 100% willing to believe that is real.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

I imagine "pre-law" is just some combination of philosophy and political science.

I don't think it's an actual major anywhere. Just a self important way to announce that while you're studying poli sci/history/whatever, you plan on going to law school after undergrad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

This is one of my favorite things about this whole mess. Rape/beat on women all you want, but my god if you smoke a joint there will be consequences.

Coaches only care about things that impact the team. And the NCAA doesn't subject athletes to random rape testing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh no way! You're gonna have a badass job offer. I used to work in aviation insurance litigation and man - so many lawyer jobs required that degree and SO many struggled to find qualified candidates

Huh, maybe I should have become a lawyer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
And it just got worse

http://www.ourdailybears.com/2016/10/28/13460898/wsj----baylor-details-horrifying-alleged-sexual-assaults-by-football-players

quote:

The sexual-violence scandal at Baylor University that cost its celebrated football coach his job involved 17 women who reported sexual or domestic assaults involving 19 players, including four alleged gang rapes, since 2011, according to Baylor regents.

• Locked thread