Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
In case anyone is wondering, the big spoiler is that you don't play as Big Boss, but rather as the medic from GZ. There's an Ahab/Ishmael thing going on, with Ahab probably being a clone or a body double, and Ishmael being the real BB who doesn't show up until the end of the game, if at all. The guide is so spoiler free that whole missions are missing from it, so until someone gets their hands on it and figures out how to unlock the last mission there still isn't a whole lot known. It appears that Eli is definitely Liquid Snake.

My question is - How long did Kojima know that this was going to be the last MGS? I wonder if that reflects in the story - If this one finally resolves everything, or if it ends on an unresolvable cliffhanger.

EDIT: Oh, there's also supposed to be something mind-blowing for beating GZ. So you might want to do that if you haven't, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Kojima's master stroke is that our beloved Big Boss is actually some trash tier scrub medic who had an E in every stat

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

I still don't understand what the difference between Big Boss and Venom Snake is.

It seems quite likely that we're playing as a body double or clone. So while venom snake is running around doing stuff, BB is in the shadows, possibly either incarcerated in some fashion or simply staying out of the limelight.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

vvv Ohhhhhhh, okay. Wasn't BB "Punished Snake" in Ground Zeroes?

I believe Miller addresses him as 'Boss' throughout the entirety of GZ, lending more credence that we're not playing as the same character.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I think that ending point means exactly what it says. Big Boss (the real one) established Outer Heaven, put his second-in-command (in reality a body double) in charge, his body double got tired of being used, and started an uprising. I guess Big Boss saw MG2 as the ultimate power play.

It's also why liquid is in this game and not solid; liquid was the one who wanted to follow in Big Boss' footsteps, and this game seems to focus on everyone who will take up the mantle of Big Boss. So this game really does line everything up. Outer Heaven's founder, it's commander, and the man who sought to resurrect it are all in this game and all of their motivations are given. All of them will fail because of Solid, and we already know all of that.

So from MG to MGS, we're destroying the ideals of Big Boss. In MGS2 and 4 we're fighting against the system that Big Boss tried to rebel against by himself.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It's not a bad game. I wouldn't even say it's a mediocre one. But I don't think it deserves the 9/10 or 10/10 it's been getting. To me it's a solid 8 at most, perhaps even a bit lower just because of how the story irritates me. Which has nothing to do with the concept of the twist itself (I like the idea of it), but the really shoddy execution of it.

I just wanted to tell you that you, Mr. Fortitude, have a good opinion, on the internet. I started thinking this around my tenth retry of the skulls fight where I died after I panned the camera to check behind me only to have a skull materialize two feet away and one shot me. I eventually figured out a strategy, but drat, gating the end of the story behind those missions was lovely. When I beat sahaelanthropus for the first time I thought that it would have been an amazing game for that alone. The harder set of missions were largely just obstacles to unlocking the story for me, although I ended up getting Quiet's bond up to 100 because I thought it affected the ending (it doesn't, it just affects whether or not you can end her story) and she's really loving awesome for those mission. She's gone now and I have a handful of missions left. I may just play through the game again if there's really no way to get her back. She's that useful, and her competence was ultimately what turned me around on this joke of a character who will stick her butt in your face like a cat in heat on command. If you get to Mission 40 you can even give her combat appropriate clothes.

Ishmael being the real Big Boss is so heavily telegraphed I figured Kojima would fake people out but nope, that's just the way it is.

The first half is so good, 10/10 game of the year. The second half is an 8.5. really good, but with flaws. This is the IGN rating system.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 6, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

They torture the poo poo out of Quiet for basically no reason. That's pretty dark. They also torture the poo poo out of Huey, for a pretty good reason. The mission where you have to off your own dudes is hella hosed up, especially the ones that salute you as you do it, with the theme from peace walker playing in a nearby radio.

I'm sad they cut all that stuff with Eli. His little speech at the end about how he's genetic garbage really turns you around on his whole character.

This is the first numbered MGS to not end with a melee fight with the main villain.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

More cut content.

More than anything in the game, I want to actually hear an interview from Kojima himself once his contract with Konami is up on just what the hell happened during development. I can make an educated guess given Konami's focus away from video games but still. It really sounds like both parties were at fault, Kojima's ego and publicity stunts eating up the budget while Konami ruled over what would be in the game and cut the budget with an iron fist but we'll probably never know for sure.

They probably got tired of the Dev cycle as it is. The trailer with Eli (which wasn't even the first one we saw) was back in 2013. Kojima had a ridiculously ambitious idea for how this game was supposed to go, and he probably got pretty good support until he inevitably told them that after 80 million he still wasn't finished. Most of the work for this game went into the Fox engine, and it shows in the second half of the game. Chapter 2 has a handful of story missions and plot progression.

I'm also super pissed that the truth makes you replay that entire hospital scene.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

This MGS has the best gameplay, just the best. The buddies are all fun as hell, the infiltration is fun as gently caress, even managing the base is still neat, and I thought it would be pretty tedious. That said, the story is awful. It does feel like a lot of stuff got cut, and some characters (mainly poor Eli) gets really, really terrible writing and characterization. Like that guy pointed out, anybody can tell that Eli has a loving attitude problem. You'd think you'd figure this out when he ambushes you in your own base. Instead you just beat him mercilessly and then ignore him, which is basically every interaction with Eli. I understand the desire to communicate the plot more in cassette tapes, but Eli was a character that deserved a little screen time. It also really doesn't make a ton of sense that he would idolize Outer Heaven or Big Boss' legacy given that he absolutely despised the man. Actually, in the cut content he expresses a desire to surpass and destroy his father, but that poo poo got cut so we end up with an Eli that's a dick for no reason who then steals metal gear in a plot point that will never be resolved.

The body double twist is a huge, dumb, retcon for no real reason. The more I think about it the more I don't really care for it. Big Boss' newfound laconic attitude is kind of neat if it's actually a change in his characterization, but it's not, we're actually playing as a different character. Big Boss is still exactly as cool as you think he is, and when you finally earn the epilogue you will learn that he spent the entire time in the game that you wanted to play. Venom feels like he's not Big Boss, despite what the man himself is. It seems like he genuinely feels attachment or possibly even romantic sentiment towards quiet, and when ocelot has your dude shock her so hard her feet tap against the floor venom just kinda stands there, seemingly afraid to override his own men. He's ostensibly the commander of Diamond Dogs, but in reality they just promoted some dude based on combat ability and he's not super good at leading.

Like I said, the gameplay to this game is amazing, I'm starting my second play through because I finished Quiet's storyline and I want her back. The story is really not great though, and that's a shame.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Chippita posted:

Phantom. Cigar. It suddenly makes sense!

Also totally dug the swap from being the one hiding from murderous soldiers executing everyone at the start, to doing the exact same thing to your own men. I felt like a monster.

The ones in the basement who salute you as you do it are particularly heart wrenching.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Miller is pissed because Big Boss basically threw him and his dream under the bus. All along Miller has been working with BB to create his soldier's nation without borders, and at the end Big Boss basically says "gently caress you, Venom is my second-in-command now and he's going to run Outer Heaven instead of you while I go do my own thing." The creation of a second Big Boss basically means Miller has become redundant, which is why he is a "Visionary Robbed of His Future."

He is probably also party angry that Big Boss is just doing exactly what they were fighting against by using a fellow soldier as a tool to further his own ends.

There is a brief audioplay in the Japanese version of GZ that goes over how Miller and BB meet, and how the idea for Outer Heaven is kind of more Miller's plan originally than Big Boss'. BB wanted a haven for soldiers where governments couldn't use them as tools, but the concept of a private army for hire and all of the logistics behind it are Miller's. This got cut from the US GZ, probably because of the change in VAs (it would be like an extra hour of Kiefer reading lines), but it makes it a lot more clear why Miller would be upset.

I'm so conflicted about this dumb story. I wish it just would have stopped after the sahalanthropus fight. On the plus side, if Konami has some other teams take over MG we might finally get our remakes, so yay I guess. If they're hoping on planning on turning this into an assassin's creed/call of duty type thing (and it looks like they are, it very much fits the mold of assassin's creed) with F2P mechanics we might actually be getting another installment sooner than we think, just without Kojima at the helm. Then again, the fans may revolt, and the team that knows the Fox engine best is seemingly being badgered into quitting.

EDIT: I feel like every post where I complain about the story should be followed with a disclaimer that the gameplay is loving rad and it owns. I restarted and I'm going to get DD all growed up pup and then I'm gonna do side ops FOREVER.

DOUBLE EDIT: Good...good dog...

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

In all honesty, this game actually makes me want a new Metal Gear game, but one without Kojima at the helm. I never thought I'd say that a few months ago.

It seems like franchising it might have been a plan at one point. It may still be. The F2P mechanic (and how well it does financially) will be the determining factor as to whether we ever see another MGS again, because Konami likes money.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I could really see Ocelot being kind of proud of the way Liquid turned out and wanting to help him.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Phantom Pain being on every console in existence will help, as will the good reviews. The fact that I can't stop playing or thinking about it also helps. I need to unplug though, I was walking around outside and thought I heard the tag noise and started looking around. I don't usually marathon games like this, and in a way I'm kind of glad it's over.

EDIT: I expect to see a pretty big backlash next week as more people get to the much weaker second half. We'll see though.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 6, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Dohaeris posted:

Also at one point Code Talker was all WATCH KAZ and Snake went Bwuh? and he went THE PARASITES TOLD ME TO TELL YOU. What happened with that? It feels like they got 75 percent done with this game and got told to wrap it up.

If Eli's the kingdom of the flies was comparable in size to the other places (I assume they'd have side-ops there and stuff) It may be closer to 2/3's finished.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

In It For The Tank posted:

I miss Quiet so goddamn much whenever a loving gunship shows up. No more grenade ricochet is turning each encounter into a slog. Gunships have ridiculously high health to the point where it takes twelve (TWELVE!) shots from my partially upgraded Killer Bee to take one down, which I don't make a habit if carrying around because of the cost and because it negatively impacts your stealth.

Really I wish there was some kind of way to reset the soldiers down to the base levels. Even doing the storage shed things there's still a zillion dudes in riot suits everywhere. And helmets, oh my god helmets. When every little outpost is packed with super difficult dudes it starts to impact how fun the game is, imo.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

So that scene in the beginning in Outer Heaven is Venom getting ready to be killed by Solid Snake, right?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

The reason nobody talks in this goddamn game is that most of their conflicts with each other are so stupid if they talked it out for 20 minutes you could easily come up with a solution. You have to keep characters from talking to each other too much because their secrets are so obvious you'd have to be stupid to miss them. It's clear that Venom doesn't remember anything prior to Snake forming MSF (this is why he doesn't say 'kept you waiting, huh' to miller.) so he can't actually talk to any of his bros because it would become pretty evident that he's not Big Boss.

The 'player character is not who you think it is' is Kojima ripping off himself, it's not particularly original and it's a pretty big letdown, honestly. That being said, I kinda like the idea of the body double, I just wish that BB had shown up as a character in the second half to do some stuff.

EDIT: We even got a short prologue that starred the character most people 'wanted' that seemingly kills him at the end. This is basically the same twist from MGS2, and I was expecting better :(

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 7, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

He says kept you waiting huh if you press Y/Triangle when Miller asks.

Anyone can say it after the person asks. The real BB said it before he was out of the cutscene in GZ. I get what you guys are saying, but that's supposed to be a pretty clear sign that we're not playing as Big Boss.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Venom clearly remembers Zero and Les Enfants Terribles in tapes.

I guess I stand corrected then.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

shoulda just had kiddy sniper wolf and vulcan raven show up and we could have had foxhound babies

child decoy octopus is actually still in the game

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Yeah, I like that Episode 51 kind of develops an affinity between them. Having Liquid and Mantis be childhood friends is pretty :unsmith:

edit: ^- I was legitimately surprised Sniper Wolf didn't make it in the game, since BB specificially rescued her in Afghanistan. When I first saw the Elegia trailer I thought that scene with Paz was going to be a trick and she was actually going to be Wolf somehow.

Nah, that story would be too cool. Much like the real founding of outer heaven, which we are absolutely not allowed to see in 3D, ever. MGS6, starring venom snake, will be about rebuilding diamond dogs into platinum pups, the really for real mercenary group that will be directly succeeded by Outer Heaven just like the Portable Ops, MSF, and now Diamond Dogs.

Here's a pretty good line from the RockPaperShotgun article:

quote:

Such player-driven drama, comedy, and action eclipses anything in the disappointing scripted narrative. The Phantom Pain is one of the worst Metal Gear stories ever told. It functions neither as a standalone narrative nor as worthwhile insight into the series overall. And yet, The Phantom Pain is the best stealth-action game ever made, one where playing flawlessly is just as thrilling as outright failure. And boy – what a thrill.

It's a shame because it doesn't really set up like that. Right around the time that I realized that nearly all of those 'coming in chapter 2' moments were contained in the next handful of missions and I had spent hours trying to beat extreme missions (I didn't realize that you can just evade the skulls. I thought you had to fight them. Good lord.) just to get a handful of snippets from what remained of the clearly unfinished story was when I realized that this just wasn't a very good end to the series.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Yeah, I doubt there's going to be any DLC for this.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Reddit is way more paranoid than here, but there is the matter of the return to camp omega that no one has really mentioned yet. We know that Eli's bit got cut, but the camp omega return hasn't been mentioned much and wasn't listed in any of my rewards for uploading my save. I would imagine it most likely got cut, but we'll see if anyone makes any kind of statement.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Also, almost every single point in your list is wrong.

The Eli plot thread is pretty weak, which is understandable as it's unfinished.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I wonder if Kojima is ever even going to publicly talk about it. I don't think there's even been an interview yet.

The remake of MG1 with Venom going insane would be awesome. At the end of your mission Big Boss realizes that you're actually going to destroy his plan B for real and tries to get you to abort. Kojima would never make something so straightforward though. The gameplay would also have to take a step backward too, as we're far beyond OSP.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 8, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Yeah, it's actually kind of neat that most players get so wrapped up in Big Boss' legend (just like half the characters in the series) that they become blind to the fact that he spends all of PW, GZ, and MGSV being a nuclear-equipped dictator that kidnaps children and soldiers to run an off-shore mercenary haven whose goal is perpetual conflict for profit and because they enjoy war. It's a pretty interesting metacommentary on people's ability to rationalize almost anything to themselves when they are the ones doing it.

Even though Huey is an awful man, he brought up a lot of good points at his trial. Honestly, I'd forgotten that you actually seized a nuclear weapon in PW. I remembered Zeke, but like you said, you become a nuclear power as an afterthought. Appropriately, Venom gets a choice and he feels so guilty about it he literally cannot wash the blood off. You can come back from it, but I think you have disarm a bunch of nukes just to make up for a fraction of making the first one.

The more I think about it, the more I come around to the plot. If there was something mind blowing to come out of camp omega, I hope we eventually at least find out what it was. Kojima himself has mentioned it, and it wasn't on the cut content disc of the CE, which means it's either A)In there somewhere and we haven't found it or B) it hasn't been activated yet. I'm more inclined to go with B, because Kojima has said that our return to Camp Omega will be something that wasn't possible before, and something related to Internet content seems more likely in that case. Even if that's just wishful thinking, I hope Kojima at least says what it was if it's not to be. His silence on the subject says to me that it's at least still up in the air, rather than confirmed not happening.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Panzeh posted:

I know it was some wonderful ironic commentary when the camera zoomed in on the mist snipers' tits as they walked onto the scene.

I'm gonna go 'ironically' call this homeless guy a dumb friend of the family.

I really got an art boner when they stuck electrodes into quiet's tits

I wish I could get D-horses companion level up by staring at it's tits, I have no idea how to get that fucker to like me

Can someone draw d-horse in quiet's 100% bond level pose (make sure it has the thong, nothing X-rated)

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Ah, thanks!

I'd heard you got it from the GMP thing. Shame more people won't see that, it's actually a neat little scene. And has the best fight choreography in the game maybe. It's weird how every time we see Snake doing cutscene CQC he's slapping knives out of people's hands.
Still doesn't explain how we went from the insanely sci-fi Peace Walker poo poo to the stubby little TX-55 in Metal Gear 1.

Zeke is huge, it could probably be seen from space. In contrast, the TX-55 is approximately three times as tall as a man, and could very well use it's legs to run, which would allow it to say, climb a mountain top before anyone knew what was going on and nuke one of their allied nations . The wiki places it's top speed at 50 km/h, and it's equipped to fire IRBMs from a totally mobile platform. Even if your enemy attacked, you could deploy it and nuke a friendly capital before anyone knew what hit them. It guarantees you first strike capability, as it's nearly undetectable until it's already fired it's payload. The compact design actually makes it scarier; you can't see it coming.

I made all this up

EDIT: Now that I think about it Sahelanthropus' main design flaw is that it's too big. Sort of like a symbol of it's own hubris.

Also, if we're to extend the Moby Dick thing to the whole game, what is Ahab's white whale?

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 9, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Youre FACE to FACE with the man who sold the world

:stare:

I thought you died a long long time ago
oh no
not me

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I don't think we're done with MGSV yet.

From Reddit:

quote:

On the 11th September 2015, there will be a major announcement regarding Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Here's why.

TPP is set in 1984. The year that gives its name to Orwell's dystopian masterpiece. The main method of control by Big Brother - the British Government - of Orwell's novel, is Newspeak. A revised version of English used to instill the government's ideology into the populace. A primary theme within The Phantom Pain.

The party that controls the government in Orwell's novel is called "Ingsoc" (for English National Socialism). A website set up earlier this year (ingsoc.org) teases an undisclosed game called "Blackhound." The initial site had "A ##### ###### Game" as its infobar. The hashes match "Hideo Kojima" for character count, and the phrase is "his" go-to phrase.

The ingsoc.org site now has a timer set to run out on the 11th September (an odd date to announce an entertainment product on). If you watch the "deleted" (read: red herring) Mission 51 footage, you'll find at the very end a long shot of Manhattan, with the Statue of Liberty on the left, and the Twin Towers (yes, those towers) on the right. Eli says: "Not yet. It's not over yet." And then we get a "HIDEO KOJIMA" in the middle of the screen. An odd message for him to leave at the end of his final MGS game, if that were intended as the final scene.

quote:

Remember how Kojima said that between GZ and TPP, he'd do something "you can only do with videogames"? Well, technically, videogames are the only medium where it is possible to send out major post-release updates.

If you release an extra part to a book, that's just another book (or another "volume"). If you release an extra part to a film, that's just another film (or worse, a Director's Cut where some people will continue to insist on the original as the "definitive" version). But if you release additional content to a game? That's a ptch, and is instanlty absorbed into the singular, unified product. That's something unique to videogames. Releasing one version of a work, and then releasing another version, without the second version being considered "separate" to the first.

But the ride doesn't even end there.

MGSV is called, "The Phantom Pain", and Kojima has done the unthinkable, and created something like a phantom pain amongst his audience. The deep and gripping sensation that they can feel something, even though it isn't there. Taking advantage of that which only videogames as a medium can do - patching - made it possible for Kojima to simulate a phantom pain in his audience.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 10, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I don't necessarily want the plot to be changed, or to throw in some Big Boss related content or whatever, but we know there were things that were supposed to be in the game, aren't, and haven't been addressed yet, mainly the camp omega re-visit. It seems likely that it got cut for time, although the silence on it makes me think otherwise. Either way, 9/11 is in two days so either there will be something or there won't.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I'm just curious what the Camp Omega re-visit was going to be.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Under the vegetable posted:

The expression of female sexual characteristics is haram and must be stopped at all costs.

Now, let's talk about Hot Ryu and the queer masculinity of stealth games.

You can have this for your 'research'

http://fuckyeahmetalgearbutts.tumblr.com

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Nakar posted:

Explosives work fine until they put the armor on (or after it gets removed) but I guarantee you that you were not easily chewing through them with a rocket launcher on Extreme. It was most likely Quiet doing the majority of the damage, rockets barely chip off any of the armor at all but Quiet's headshots can destroy the armor in 1-2 shots. The armor also seems to be instantly destroyed by the CQC counter.

Which rifle was she using? Because I did the fight on extreme with a riot shotgun and a missile launcher. Anytime I saw Quiet land a hit it was doing a lot less than half a bar of damage.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Konami just favorited this tweet

https://twitter.com/PythonSelkan/status/642026954003226625

That countdown actually hits zero later this evening.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The INGSOC Black Hound website is actually a Konami ruse, but once the time is up a video plays showing the CEO of Konami laughing at the fans faces for buying the game and then he snorts cocaine and brags about how he's going to rise in the ranks of the Yakuza between the money you gave him and pachinko machines, as Hideo Kojima then "disappears" and is never heard from again.

I would be satisfied if this was the end of Metal Gear.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And if you want a company that knows how to do 9/11 check out capcom. They flew to the UAE and revealed a new Saudi character in Street Fighter lmao.

link please

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Machinegunboyo posted:

What bothers me about this is that the Boss ultimately sacrificed herself for her country, whilst Venom is essentially sacrificing himself for one man - Big Boss. Whilst it's a small detail I do feel it makes a big difference in that Venom's plight just seems a lot more trivIal in comparison.

Venom would be sacrificing himself for the ideal of Big Boss' soldier country, so that the concept could live on.

Gortarius posted:

Isn't that Ingsoc.org logo something that has been used in Silent Hill?

I don't know if it's some commonly used icon but that's the first thing that came to my mind, given the context.

It's a triquetra, and it is pretty common, yeah. Can't wait to see what the hoaxster says this evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Venom is even shown being a bit hesitant about the more robust attitudes of his comrades. He doesn't intervene when they're shocking quiet because he knows it's out of character at that point. When you find the child soldiers Miller tells you to execute them (and this is your best buddy) and Venom desperately searches for a reason not to. I really want to play Peace Walker again because I totally bought into the legend of Big Boss and missed the part where I became a huge rear end in a top hat, when it was actually several years ago.

Big Boss forced Venom to do terrible things after ripping his life away from him forever. Ocelot's specialty is torture and not only do you get to see him do it, but we implicitly condone it just as Venom does. Miller will kill children so long as it pays the bills. Quiet is a hired assassin, and no matter how much you love her she strangled that nurse to death just so XOF could remain classified. Quiet's probably killed a lot of people who were just in the way just so zero could have his super secret strike force. D-Dog is a shining light of virtue. D-horse is the 'sexy idiot'.

Also blackhound was a hoax by some idiots for some dumb freeware game, lol

Edit: The more I think about it the more I like the story to the game. Still, the final boss battle being against Solid Snake in Outer Heaven would have been boss as gently caress.

• Locked thread