Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

We actually play as Decoy octopus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

Speaking of cameras, one thing that struck me was how rare surveillance cameras were. I think they only show up in actual missions and, because they're only in bases, I think I saw less than five throughout the entire game.

My favorite was I only saw one guncam in the game. But I saw them on Total Stealth: The War Economy. Which is kinda loving dumb because if they're gonna shoot me the mission is already over.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

randombattle posted:

But what about using a pen.

Or writing in the sand with her finger.

Hell she could probably also just loving ask Code Talker to pass on some poo poo too. Like despite wanting a common language with BB, she sure went out of her way to avoid finding one.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 7, 2015

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Fun Fact: The Legendary Gunsmith looks like Big Boss and has the codename Grey Mongoose.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Hideo fans still in denial about their fake Metal Gear game.

Don't worry guys I am sure in two days time they will drop a 5 gig patch that unfucks the whole game. Hahahahah loving no. They are announcing their new Metal Gear pachinko machine line. Check out how they killed their Castlevania IP.

Even if they had finished the 51st loving mission it comes nowhere close to fixing the damage the whole game did to the series. Enjoy your unfinished Far Cry Clone that contributed jack poo poo to the series. The best realistic theory you madmen Kojima fans should be going off is that Hideo was actually trying to kill his own child with this game so raving madmen will leave him the gently caress alone. MGS2 was supposed to be the end and they demanded more. MGS3 was supposed to result in him retiring the post. MGS4 was supposed to be him leaving the company. All the signs point to a man that is either ideas dead or legit trying to kill the loving zombie that haunts him.

At least I had fun watching this ship burn itself at sea. But the rage I have for trusting this man would deliver me a new Metal Gear game will never die.

lol trusting anyone in the games industry

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

This is why I am here. Because I am watching this hypocrisy happen before my very eyes. People dropping 10/10 and "Perfect Game" all over the place with a little addendum reading "But .... The story is poo poo, they didn't finish the game, the FOB system is terrible, the zones are big but there is literally nothing in them, the missions are super repetitive ect."

The only reason this is happening is because Konami and Hideo are in the middle of a drama bomb with Kojima being literally untouchable and infallable in the gaming community. gently caress this bullshit I am watching.

lol getting mad at game journalism and "gaming communities"

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

This is you looking at Quiet the whole loving game you salad lover.

Ill get mad at anything and everything right now. I dropped sixty bucks for my Metal Gear game and got robbed. I had a choice of only being able to afford the one game for this month and now I got to wait for a paycheck to pick up Mad Max or Blood Bowl 2. There is also Fallout in a few months that I was considering pre-ordering because they were talking about a new modding api I wanted to take a crack at.

Now if you really want to see me go supernova then call up Firaxis and tell them to gently caress up Xcom 2. Because Xcom Enemy Within is literally the best game in existence still.

SUCH A LUST FOR BAD POSTS? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

hmm. well i think i've never gone back to motherbase while in the red out of shame. gonna try this because i wanna see that poo poo.

you mean this one right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVXylrVAQE

from the sounds of the dialouge its either low morale or too many soldiers in the waiting room.

I got that from having low morale. They also plastered "Big Boss is Watching You" posters god drat everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Snake: "This seems to be getting more and more random."
Otacon: "Correction - it's becoming more deep. Trust me."

Sums up the series pretty well.

I thought that always happened once you hit Chapter 2.

It might be. Chapter 2 was also the time when I got sick of beating up the troops that welcome you back on the command platform. And I didn't bother to purge all the trouble makers until a few missions after the posters showed up.

Really it's kind of sad you can't convert Quiets cell into a CQC training pit after she fucks off. I mean the main medical building is right there, it's perfect.

• Locked thread