Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
there was a video that konami have take down, of a dude flipping through the guide and the page someone translated with all the ahab venom big boss stuff was no where to be seen.

alot of the stuff seems true but it sounds like that dude really liked the whole grey fox/decoy octupus/medic is venom stuff and started to gently caress with everyone. sounds like everything is made to gently caress with everyone. apparantly all the review copies dont have the ending in them either because either they took it out for reviewers or it sounds like you have to unlock it like peace walker. (could be needing a GZ import, which would be pretty cool)

so this could be another kojima loving with fans thing to push the theme that words can kill. check out how many people are freaking out over this while it seems none of them have a played a metal gear game before. alot of the stuff makes sense for the larger plot of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Kojima has talked about having the plot cone out differently than before, seems like he meant peace walker stylr and we have piece together whats going on by doing different things to unlock different missions that give more plot info. Gonna be fun seeing people who never played peace walker freak out.

Speaking of, anything in the guide about outer ops? Having my squads get ptsd after a mission is making me believe peace walker is the best game ever.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Remember the mgs3 leak? When they were casting it the whole plot got leaked and that sounded kinda lovely and obvious on paper (cept for bee man of course) and when we finally got it the paper was missing tons and tons of tiny details that made it great.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

superh posted:

So the new trailer, seems a LOT like Big Boss is Skullface? Time travel? Tyler Durden Fight Club stuff?

Some of that could explain how in the GZ tapes, he repeated a lot of BBs lines.

yeah i'm wondering if skullface is the darkside of BB, hence why he keeps seeing him all over the place. tho that flame burnt corpse bb from the trailer makes wonder if lol it might be a coma dream set just before he wakes up in mgs4 and hes reflecting on poo poo while zero prods him.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Are you telling me these leaks are all... orchestrated!?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The best medic in peace walker is kojima...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Been posted on some sites but the stream got to the end and the tape from the trailer which had "the man who sold the world" on it? on the back it says operation intrude n313. And he plays the tape through a loving msx.

Funnily enough in ground zeroes there is a msx tape you can pick up, nothing but msx data on it. Could this be the big transfer thing? Obvious hype levels are making me think a side op mission remake of mg1, others think it will unlock this elusive 3rd ending but no one will know until the transfer servers are online they claim.

But doesnt the console versions just read the save file i heard? Confused on this.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Danaru posted:

Woah woah hold up where's that? I've never seen or heard of it :stare:

Its in a side op. You get the message that it cant play in music players and when you play it its just good old fashion game tape loading noises from the msx and spectrum days. It was confirmed to sound exactly like an msx tape.

I'd post links and more info on which mission but im at work on my phone... i know the full tape is on youtube.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah, I saw that. The context does make the true ending a bit better I guess, but I still wouldn't say it's good exactly. I wonder if the MSX tape you transfer over unlocks an extra mission, mission 51 called Operation Intrude N313 and it's a remake of Metal Gear 1, using the altered geography of Camp Omega as Outer Heaven.

doesn't even need to be camp omega. i dont know the super details of what happens to motherbase at the the end but they could just substitute what you've built as outer heaven, mg1 did start by coming out of the water and could add that extra bit of sons of liberty style poetry.

i looked into the tape more at work and it turns out some dudes at reddit tried loading it into a msx emulator, doesn't work, it is a save state of some kind and all they could pull from it was "vol 2" :tinfoil: i wonder how missable that tape is? i know there is 2 tapes on that mission and you can miss one of them but i'm not sure if its the data tape or the other one.

watch it be nothing or some pooyan type poo poo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

if you're in here then you've read leaks and so that lets me tell you about hilarious sounding metal gear convos in tapes which include a dude making GBS threads for 20 minutes nothing else and kaz trying to make the perfect burger but getting shot down by other characters. we dont need codecs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

playing through ground zeroes i just noticed snakes shadow is clearly the shadow of the medic. doesnt even have a mullet. first i figured it was because my shadows were not on extra high but it still does it.

anyone figured out the msx tape stuff yet? also speaking of people saying boss fights are cut, didn't the guide say a lot of the boss fights were only in the harder difficulties like extreme? and each difficulty had more story and objectives to complete?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

RatHat posted:

You have to provide a screenshot with a claim like this.

haha no i dont, this is the spoiler thread so we already know the truth. just load ground zeroes up. you dont even have to start a new game just go into the options menu in the main menu screen and you'll see it reflected. no mullet, short hair shadow.

also in that same chopper menu scene the medic is sat at the back of the chopper and keeps looking over.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Modest Mao posted:

There's ~10 scenes that were in the various trailers that haven't showed up in the game, and there's several people with 100% now who can verify that.

It seems virtually all the cut content including that final mission involved the child soldiers. Kojima wanted to go big with breaking Taboos and it may be that we got an incomplete game when Konami feared the backlash.

Otherwise, there's the bloody shots of Big Boss's face, those are reasonably something made solely for trailers though.

And finally, there's this:

Which to me looks very similar to parts of the animation in the cut mission 51, but the location doesn't seem right.

From what I've read and seen this past week, there's not too much to suggest that Skull Face, Volgin, or any other characters had their boss fights cut. It does seem pretty obvious that the Battle Gear was meant to be a drivable vehicle just by how it's presented.

this loving sucks, but i honestly expected it with the child stuff.

edit: wait metal gear isn't drivable? didn't the guide say it was and everyone stays on alert? then again i don't know what battle gear is.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Sep 3, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

This really sucks. I wanted the story of Big Boss becoming evil. I'll give them the Phantom, but wasn't this supposed to be the story of him "becoming a demon"? I was waiting for his horn to grow as he gradually became the villain, but it never happened.

the horn does grow but it's gameplay based on your heroism score and some unseen demon score so if your demon score gets low enough the horn is out and you are covered in blood. i'd guess killing a lot of people and running over baby d-dog is what does it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Did you reach the second half of the game yet? That's precisely where I think the game is unfinished. If you have and you still think reusing missions from the first half but now harder when the plot in the missions no longer makes sense to the overall plot then I dunno what to say.

The game kind of wasted my time because while it's a game I enjoyed playing, it's not the one I wanted to play nor was it the one it was really advertised as being. As it's own thing in a vacuum, it's a fun but flawed game. As part of the Metal Gear series of which I'm a huge fan of, I kind of went into it with expectations the game never really delivered on.

EDIT

My problem with this is that it flies against what MGS 2 was saying. You're right in that it parallels MGS 2 with Raiden being the audience surrogate, but at the end of that game he renounces player control by throwing away your dog tags with your name on them, becoming his own individual person with his own life, deciding what he should do with the experiences he's had through the game. He started to break away from player control since the beginning of Arsenal. Instead of an everyday random Joe rookie, he had a much darker child soldier past. MGS V has the exact opposite message, where the player is Big Boss and he contributed to the legend just as much as Naked Snake did himself and you should congratulate yourself on being so awesome and it really rubs me the wrong way.

Thing is though, he did the exact same poo poo in peace walker only about 100 times more annoying so i doubt it was that unfinished. Pw had you replaying missions/extra ops and then go hunt this guy down, repeat 7 times for the true ending!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Heroism in peace walker would just get you volunteers and the higher the heroism the more quality volunteers you get plus better moral for all staff. I figured its just the same for tpp.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Come to think of it, what happened to going back to Camp Omega for a special mission if you transferred a save from Ground Zeroes? Did that end up being cut too?

might be, havent heard confirmation. that said the amount of people who have 100% that and 100% tpp and can actually get online to use it in the first place is rather slim. still nothing about the msx tape either or the big connection thing that hasnt been done before thing but im starting to suspect a mistranslation on that part.

or maybe its still some super weird unlock thing like the peace walker final battle was that no one has figured out yet.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

really bummed out about the cut content but reading this and the looking at the rest of the guys messages gives me hope (was posted in the other thread but still, i guess its confirmed true since he knew about the cut content) https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3h7v7f/konami_the_truth/?sort=new

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

decided to start loving with people in the main thread who are slowing releazing the twist.

"no i dont see anything in the reflection, maybe turn your graphics down?"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

a cop posted:

I'd still like a screenshot of this. I swear it isn't working for me on PS4.

here you go.

edit: you might need to fullscreen that, came out darker than i thought.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Under the vegetable posted:

The Twist, which happens and is pretty clearly alluded to in the first ten minutes of the game.

The twist was clearly alluded to back when kojima made mody dick studios and pretended to be someone else. Every trailer has been hammering you over the head with it. Then people data mind ground zeroes or whatever they do then realized something was up with thay medic. Its been a great few years.

That said im wondering if i might be reading into this but with the demon horn stuff and the player avatar and what kojima did with mgs2, i suspect bb "going evil" is meant be up to you the player, you are the legendary hero who goes nuts and slaughters enitre counties with your walkman blasting out tracks. Or you didnt.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wait, can you only use subsistence on two missions? I was really looking forward to that mode too. I thought it unlocked for every mission once you beat it or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Under the vegetable posted:

get this: i don't agree with you at all about the tapes and think there's a solid reason for the cutscene action. in the Quiet scene he's not like "whatevs", he seems like he's holding back an impulse because he doesn't trust his own authority. he cares for quiet as a person but he knows ultimately he's meant to fulfill a role he doesn't truly have or understand, so he looks to miller and ocelot for instruction. it's not like he's just chilling and smoking the phantom cigar, he's got body language in the scene.

oh my god thank you for you saying this. i hold that the reason people are going "kiefer dont say much!" is because they are too loving used to videogames and anime/cartoon voice actors not an actual screen/theatre actor who uses his full body which was the whole point of getting someone like kiefer instead (and the mediums, video game graphics slowly evolving/devs figuring out how to direct), then again it doesn't really help matters either that the rest of the cast are from the top voice actors only club so you have that weird clash in styles. but yeah, kiefer loving works.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Is this trolling? I genuinely can't tell if you're trolling.

no.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

...what plot hole? Metal Gear 2 itself answered how Big Boss survived the events of Outer Heaven, in that he was a barely alive potato that was fitted with prosthetics and bionic parts from Madnar. Kind of implausible, yes but not a plot hole, especially since the series has crazier stuff than Big Boss surviving Outer Heaven.

While I like the twist, it just ends up muddying things in the greater scheme of things. Who was the one giving Snake his orders during Metal Gear 1? The real Big Boss? Venom? Who was the one leading him into traps? Was Big Boss intentionally sending Solid Snake to fail to cover for Venom? In which case why did he send Gray Fox? If he sent him in to eliminate Venom instead because he'd gone out of control then why is he trying to kill Solid Snake by leading him into traps if it is him, or in Zanzibar years later?

If the twist was the same, but the blurb about Venom being the Big Boss being killed at Outer Heaven was removed I'd be 100% happier with it.

kojima already said that a: he was planning on retcon'ing some poo poo and b: mg1 and mg2 are only ever taken in broad strokes canon wise like portable ops, not the finer details.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lovely Wizard posted:

https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/youre-fired-and-more-cut-snake-dialogue

Here's another bunch of cut dialogue.

It sounds pretty good fun stuff too.

CONSECUTIVE C. Q. C.

some of this stuff is gold.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

VagueRant posted:

Is there still no youtube video of the cutscenes you get when your GMP goes into the red? I can't find anything and I still don't want to risk doing it.

wait what, i go into the red all the time during missions and i got no special cutscene.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

VagueRant posted:

I heard that's how you get the scenesfrom the Nuclear trailer of soldiers fighting in the rain and Snake forcing one to stab him.

hmm. well i think i've never gone back to motherbase while in the red out of shame. gonna try this because i wanna see that poo poo.

you mean this one right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVXylrVAQE

from the sounds of the dialouge its either low morale or too many soldiers in the waiting room.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

FZeroRacer posted:

I don't know what's real or fake anymore.

Is Kojima trying to make us all into conspiracy nuts?

he does this all the time, i think he reads it and trolls along. back when people were like "you play as grey fox!" he was posting shots of a figure of venom snake doing the same hand gesture grey fox did in promo art/bust and the bust was behind the venom figure.

then again, this is the same guy who made moby dick studios and pretended to be someone else just to tell you the phantom pain wasn't mgs5, until internet detectives put all the clues together and he came out on stage and took the loving mask off. at this point this 9/11 stuff seems about as real as anything. maybe he wants you to feel the real phantom pain of missing content because the motherfucker is a true artist in the video game world.

oh and didnt the last trailer, a week before release, have "from zero to omega" in it? why bother putting that in if you had already cut it? :tinfoil:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Panzeh posted:

Honestly the entire idea of chapter 2 is really dumb so extending it further doesn't help the game- everything good that happened in chapter 2 could easily have happened in chapter 1 where the game has an actual plot. Chapter 2 felt like Kojima just doing it for the proveribal you, so you could get your dumb fanservice. Gosh, I sure do want to know Liquid was always the same guy his entire life and that his best pal Mantis now loves him through these thin theories.

havent got to chapter 2 (just did mission 11!) yet but to me it sounds just like chapter 5 of peace walker? just there after the ending to replay and complete everything and unlock secret missions/true ending every now and then and gently caress you zadornov.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

redreader posted:

I just finished this, listened to all (apart from code talker "VOCAL CORD PARASITES") tapes, did all the paz stuff, killed quiet, saw the true ending, finished all missions apart from some side ops.

-Is there a resolution to the paz thing? I did the 10 mother base soldier missions and showed her all the photos and visited her a few more times. Ocelot came in at like photo #8 and said 'she's clawing at her wound' but that's it. After showing her all 10 photos, I come back in and she's dropping a book every time. I pick it up and give it to her and that's it. Someone said 'look at the creepy stuff on the outside at the back of her room' but all I can see is a door (I think there's no door in her room to the outside, which is a bit weird but IDK). There's also a peace sign on that side of the door. So are you going outside and hanging out outside, hallucinating and looking at a peace sign? On the other hand at the end of paz tape #4 she realises she's 'reliving the same day'. What the gently caress is going on?

-Huey, what the gently caress. He's all like NO NO NO IT WASN'T ME and clearly he did everything. They even play the clip at his trial where Strangelove gets locked in and he's like 'you have no proof, I have NO IDEA what you're talking about, you're all crazy!!!'

-The true ending was pretty cool. YOU are big boss. I think it was Kojima's way of telling us he loves us. It does feel unfinishes, but... well. It sucks but it was fantastic game.

edit: I just read up on the MGS wiki about paz. Did I maybe miss the 'paz ending' by finishing mission 46 before I did the last 2 mother base soldier missions?

paz: there are 11 photos i heard, last one drops outside the room after you've shown her all 10 but i haven't done it myself only read about it so dont quote me on that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I'm ready for kojima-san final masterpiece, Metal Gear Solid V: Blackhound. The trailer will have the v turn to 5. You will need to 100% both gz and pp and get both msx tapes. Blackhound will be metal gear 1 remake where solid snake voiced by quinton flynn, takes out outer heaven/mother base. That is just the intro, part 2 you play as big boss who must spend 100s of real time game hours building up ZANZIBAR LAND through fultoning everything in pp. Game ends on hilarious boss fight where some young punk kills you with hairspray and you never tell him you are his father but he still knew in shadow moses.

Then it turns out the whole thing is a coma dream. Msg4 ending then happens again in fox engine

Thank you kojima.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 11, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Gortarius posted:

Isn't that Ingsoc.org logo something that has been used in Silent Hill?

I don't know if it's some commonly used icon but that's the first thing that came to my mind, given the context.

yeah its the silent hill cult logo. it was used as a save point in silent hill 3. not exact but super close. would'nt be surprised if it turns out kojima managed to walk away with the fox engine and this is P.T rebranded with no dumb name.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/silenthill/comments/3kljtt/kojimalives_sent_me_a_message/

LOL. :tinfoil: 'ers are going deeper, theres about an hour left on that site countdown. poo poo is getting pretty hilarious.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The weird thing about this hilarious ingsoc stuff is how loving incredibly lucky they were with setting up the 9/11 countdown vack in loving march and mission 51 ending the way it did. Mind boggling.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Also the gently caress is going on here, that sure does look like the boss's snake scar but the rest is clearly paz. Confirmed to be in game files. Also chapter 3: peace. Could be where most of the cut stuff was.

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3klvn0/mgsv_spoilersa_certain_model_found_in_the_game/

Edit: looks like you can play as the boss in mgo.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 12, 2015

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

It's weird that of all the cut content that is what they chose to actually release in an official format. It makes me think they're at least trying for some kind of DLC, otherwise we'd have seen some more stuff from the cutting room floor. I was watching trailers and there are definitely scenes that didn't make it in the game (The guy training the child soldiers to use an AK I never saw, unless it's something you can miss on one of the missions, and then all the stuff with the prisoners being executed and water tortured in camp omega). As time goes on it's looking more and more like what we see is what we get, but I'm curious what went down in those plot threads, and why they were excised. Time seems the obvious answer, especially in the case of Eli's story, which was going to require an entirely new third area with new mechanics, but some of the other stuff seems reasonable given completed assets in the game and instead of a chapter 2 we get 16 variants of missions with difficulty modifiers? Camp Omega is already a completed area, it was teased when the game was coming out, and then it just didn't happen.

Hopefully Kojima will do an interview soon that maybe goes over (at least) why camp omega is cut and what was supposed to happen there.

Maybe all this stuff was left on the disk just to give players that phantom pain. The sense that something is missing, but you can still feel it's presence. Meta. That chapter 3 splash is like a picture of you still having both arms.

You can see the guy training the kids in the first mission to africa, you gotta zoom in on the binocs and its not the same scene/area but its the same animation.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i wonder if you were meant to get invaded from other pf's from time to time in single player and konami forced it to be mp only for the coins.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

That hidden cutscene is interesting. Couple of people have ideas on how its unlocked, one suggests its on peace day 9/21 while the crazier mgs fan thinks it will only unlock when everyone who plays online disarms thier nukes, which would be a really poetic thing for kojina to end the series on and tie the anti nuke message together. I cant see it being that though because of people like me who will cling on to their nukes just to gently caress you over, because we're dicks like that.

Makes me wonder if there is anything else, super long shot but what if something unlocks on peace day l, like that chapter 3: peace thing... this could be the whole thing he was on about when he said he wanted to do things story related you could only do with video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Aurain posted:

What cutscene was this talking about? Both links are now dead but it appears related to disarming a nuke? I've done that (I've 100%'d the game so I've done basically everything) but I saw nothing after it.

Yeah they are taking them down. Note they left up the mission 51 stuff but the not cut monologue and this disarmament scene getting pulled means they are trying to save it for some event. Apparantly kojipro are still working till the end of the year so maybe we'll get this chapter 3 after all and this cutscene is part of some online event/peace day thing. They made a big deal of peace day in peace walker and it would fit. Hope beyond hope, the ride never ends!

• Locked thread