Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Rynder posted:

TOS is boring and is behind voyager in any serious rankings.

that's because voyager is more brain dead and also has higher production values :riker:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Wowbagger2004 posted:

People have joked about it in this thread but the star trek house guy was unsurprisingly a paedophile for reals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32736286/star-trek-flat-for-sale-after-owner-jailed

hahaha lol holy gently caress

it's amazing how star trek attracts pedos and/or otherwise broken people more than other scifi shows

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Majere posted:

In the 24th century the UK finally figures out you can get hot and cold water from 1 tap.

in addition, how to build plugs that take up less than a square mile, don't fall off the socket and aren't an electrocution risk

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have a theory Voyager fans are the worst because there is seriously a loving character that's like 5 years old or something that fucks the crew, including a plad wearing children's show mascot reject.

Actually writing that makes me glad I hate that loving show, I've only made it through one episode in it's entirety and I was waiting for it to end.

b b but she's part of a race that only lives less long than humans so what is your problem :aatrek:

by the way i know a voyager fan and while he is not a pedo (as far as i know, i haven't checked :yikes:) he is a terrible lolbertarian

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 23, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tyrannosword posted:

"It doesn't matter, they only live for nine years."

also can only have one child

hmmm it takes two to form a babby what does that imply for their survival as a species hmmm

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Rutibex posted:

maybe the men can have babies too?

are you making me watch an actual voyager episode to prove you wrong

you monster

(given that it's star trek and they look like people and aren't evil they probably have the sexual morals of 90s family friendly TV so probably not)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

the plebs are simple minded and cannot deal with people who don't neatly fit into "good" or "evil" categories, or for that matter any sort of further independent thought

unironically

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Ambrose Burnside posted:

thats kind of ds9's intellectual anchor. where tng was like the perfect Space Liberalism fantasy, ds9 grounds that and plays with it by juxtaposing that idealism with the realities of non-federation frontier life and the tensions that result. it does the same thing later on in the series with Section 31, where it turns out that uh no the federations purity of heart doesnt win the day, its willing to do the same sort of conniving poo poo that everyone else is, they just pretend otherwise b/c of Ideology. theres a bunch of episode where sisko or other federation dudes have to do some real dirt to get what they want, and the conflict that results is what makes things so compelling

whereas voyagers intellectual anchor is "what if we filled a starship with poorly-written sociopaths and cut them loose from starfleet" and there is no conflict or introspection at all

voyager even failed to actually make use of, uh, the whole premise of the show (that voyager got stranded in the middle of nowhere) beyond having other federation ships show up less regularly

the ship looked as shiny as on day one till a few episodes before the end and aside from an episode on integrating the maquis into voyager's crew at the beginning it's just regular alien-of-the-week bullshit with occasional "this helps us go home quicker" excuse plots

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

what happened was RDM saw that people were defending Dukat's behavior during the occupation on Usenet using the same arguments you would use about hitler and how he totally needed to kill all the bajorans

I guess the internet was new and people still had to learn that terrible spergs can be safely ignored.

chaosbreather posted:

gently caress you, its galaxy quest and you know its galaxy quest

:agreed:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

EvilTaytoMan posted:

That's because they had super sperm that broke through condoms or something. And vasectomies didn't work because they were supposed to have regen powers.

pulling out: an advanced 24th century technology

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:chanpop:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Delsaber posted:

Star Trek: Archer, just Enterprise episodes redone with Sterling Archer taking the place of Jonathan Archer.

I endorse this product and/or service.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Orange Sunshine posted:

The 50% of the population with sub-100 IQs are not going to be inventing anything, creating or exploring. Well, ok, they'll do the 24th century equivalent of horrible fan fiction, poetry and scrapbooking. Accomplishing things is hard, but cheering a sports team and then feeling a great victory when they win is easy.

Most of the rest will get their inventing/creating/exploring needs met through games, as people do today. Saving or conquering the world in a video game is easy. The creative types will sit around painting pictures and writing stories that even their friends have no interest in, as they do today.

I think your optimistic vision of a post-scarcity future only works if you have a high IQ population and somehow no drugs, and even then half the people don't do poo poo.

hmmm first you understand the concept of iq and then you don't

it's an index relative to the whole population, not an absolute intelligence metric, so a future space hick with an iq of 60 could still be more intelligent than a genius today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

M'lady

• Locked thread