Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Universe Master posted:

do Romulans go into crazy sex mode every 7 years also?

No, Romulans are superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Ambrose Burnside posted:

its extremely upsetting to me that the vast majority of epg tng gifs apparently have not survived the sands of time

Here's one of the ancient ones

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

FrensaGeran posted:

The First Duty doesn't make any sense. Even if Josh hadn't been a gently caress up and crashed his space plane, and even if they performed the starburst thing successfully, they'd still have done an illegal maneuver right in front of Starfleet. Tom Locarno is an idiot.

I just watched an episode where Dr. Crusher ignored direct orders to not perform an autopsy on an Ferengi scientist. When she told Picard about it, the first thing he asked is if she found anything. Only after she said no he became disappointed in her due to disregarding his direct orders, massive breach of ethics and making an international incident, so he relieved her of duty pending official investigation. She then proceeded to illegally perform two more autopsies (one on the Ferengi again), access computer data that should be unavailable to her, and steal a shuttle to find the one who did it. Luckily she found the killer and saboteur, so everything is forgiven.

I'm saying this because I'm pretty sure that if fake Tom Paris managed to pull that highly dangerous and illegal maneuver without incident, the whole team would receive a medal, be promoted to admirals and made heroes to every cadet in the fleet. Only failure is punished in the world of trek.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Kitchner posted:

He is right though. If Move Along Home had been shot in the 60s it would have been seen as a groundbreaking piece of TV and one of the best parts of the series.

Instead now we consider it garbage.

Well yeah, but that's because a black dude is the lead actor, all women in it are wearing pants and the midget is seen outside of circus.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sisko punched Q because it was cool and good and this is a stupid argument

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So now that I've finished TNG, I'm jumping straight into the mess called Voyager. Wish me luck!

P.S. B'elanna is hotter than I remember.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Blazing Ownager posted:

You should have jumped straight to DS9 instead.

I already watched DS9 twice, while I've last seen Voyager when it was still running on TV. Call it a morbid curiosity.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Filthy Hans posted:

I think Fed people view latinum as a quaint anachronism that demonstrates how alien cultures are well behind the Federation in species advancement. That is, until they find themselves off-world and away from a replicator and they're hungry and they turn into beggars post-haste.

I'm pretty sure they said that latinum cannot be replicated, so it has value due to rarity. Gold can so that's why Quark calls it useless.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It makes you wonder what happened to religion in the Federation between the 23rd and 24th centuries to make it so atheist. Afterall, the original Enterprise had a chapel on board and Kirk at least sounded like he believed in God.

That was nurse Chapel and Kirk yelling "Oh my God" when loving blue alien chicks isn't really a religion.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

So I've just watched Scorpio, and I was genuinely happy when I saw Seven. I think it was the first emotion I felt in all 3 seasons of Voyager.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Don't forget Voyager!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Wowbagger2004 posted:

No, the Pakleds are the goon analogue.

e: please cast me as a Pakled extra in the new TV series

No, these are goon analogues.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I watched Star Trek Generations recently. I forgot how bad the lighting was for the ship scenes. Like were they trying to cover up the piss stains on the carpet or something?

No that was the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

My pretend spaceships are better than your pretend spaceships.

• Locked thread