Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Booblord Zagats posted:

Like a toe learned to dress itself

funniest thing I've read all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I hate this guy. I've never met him yet we all know him, he is Mr. Stereotype.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

the nicker posted:

saw this at lunch and had to pull out my potato to take a picture. are indian headdresses a frat thing now too?

You should ask him for a cigar.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Decrepus posted:

I find that my old lovely co-workers assume they should be respected even though they suck at their jobs and should have been put out to pasture long ago.

Yep. Lots of those in IT. What do you mean we should not be using telnet32? Have you all lost your cotton picking minds? How else are we going to access the cobol mainframe?

Yeah, uh..nobody accesses that thing anymore but you, so we're shutting you down.

Union says it stays up until I retire.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Baracula posted:

theres a cadre of goons who have always been weirdly old to be here

Well hello Baracula, it sure is hot outside, isn't it? Why don't you come on in, I have popsicles. I have a whole freezer full down in the basement. Why don't you take your shirt off?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

winnydpu posted:

I'm in favor of mocking any identifiable group, but I am amazed at how unaware each "generation" is of themselves. It kills me that they can sell baby boomers adult diapers and life insurance with the same "you're special, not like your parents" message that they've used to market to the boomers for the last 40 years. I grew up in the '80s, and we all showed how independent and free of marketing we were by wearing identical costumes to the punk shows sold to us through ticketmaster.

I'm 45, and most of the folks in my office are right out of school. They seem to have their poo poo together no more or no less then we did at that age. I think lack of self awareness, an inflated ego and self-importance are what see you through until you've acquired enough of a skill base to stand on your history. If I was aware of how much of a tool I was when I was younger I'd have been unable to function. When I'm 65 I will probably think that about how I am now.

At least the millennials are less casually racist and homophobic that my generation. Hell of a lot more crying at work than I'm comfortable with, however...

:frogout:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

This is all you need to know from that Hipsters on Foodstamps Part 2 gibberish.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

He was 26. Found upside down, with his head submerged in water (we just had a big storm). Shoes and hoodie taken off before hand.

You shouldn't talk to strangers even if it is a clown in a storm drain.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Ok, I'm done. I'm loving old. I have reached "whatever is hip or in now I find frightening" stage.

You all have fun with your cuddle parties and paying $1,000 a month to nap and play with glue, I'm gonna go get a beer and forget the world exists.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Going back to that Bill Watterson cartoon, I guess the message is not to sell out, this message being brought to you by Zen Pencils? Does he own Zen Pencils or is this just an advertisement?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Ah, I missed the "words by Bill Waterson"

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Millenial hipster bus company in SF went tits up and you can buy a bus for $5.

http://www.businessinsider.com/leap-declares-bankruptcy-2015-9

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

froward posted:

this is every ad ever for "hip new service": weird "upbeat" music, scenes cut together with a FWWSSSSSSH sound, and in the second half some lyric-less voices singing DOO DOO DAAAAA

all while giving no information about the product, only vague emote cues

it's like a lovely children's cartoon

This is one good thing about living in the south, we still have those corny local commercials that aren't full of smug millenial bullshit.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I'm the ironic calculator watch.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

this is something i was ironically doing in like 1999. i also ironically wore wolf shirts and nascar shirts in like 2001 or 2002.

i'm a hipster harbinger, and i didn't even know it.

startup companies should hire me to predict the next wave of millenial hipster fetish objects...they would make a killing.

pre-hip is the ultimate in hipsterness.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Willard gets a pizza delivered and the whole world goes nuts. :rolleyes:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

Hello! :)

We at CyberPast Interprises LLC are developing an iPhone attachment which might interest you!
It combines the technology of millimeter-wave radar and the science of frenology to tell you which people in your immediate area have a head shape that would predispose them to criminal and immoral behavior!

We're still in the pre-prototype stage, but we do have a kickstarter page which links to video clips from The Matrix!
If you would like to order in advance or just support our efforts there are many starting tiers for potential investors to choose!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

"We call ourselves the freedom hikers"

I cringe every time that loving commercial comes on also those terrible texting McDonald's commercials.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Seems like there's an awful lot of boys around the age of 10 with the name Hunter right now.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I thought it was Bastion?

Anyway, name your kid whatever you want. I went to grade school with a girl whose last name was Butts so obviously we can't even get last names right.

I know a guy named Bob Butts, he's a hell of a guitar player.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

This is all Randy Newman's fault.

Newman! :argh:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I thought that was a picture of a young Ted Cruz.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

can we please get off the "short people got no reason to live" topic and back to millenials? Thank you.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

nomadologique posted:

that's a photoshoot tho guys, that is what ppl 5 years older think ppl 5 years younger look like, it's mostly true but also deformed and exaggerated

Yeah, looks like a still shot from a McDonald's commercial to me.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: Millennials are now to be referred to as Digital Natives.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Here's a nice story of a 19 year old kid running over a 16 year old then taking pictures of the dead body and tweeting them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-livid-after-driver-kills-son-tweets-photo-of-body/

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Nonbinary Slam Poet: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

What in the holy hell is going on in the last couple of pages? We've gone from making fun of millennials to becoming more and more like them.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Not much going on "millnnially" here but these are people that supposedly work at Riot working on League of Legends and makes me appreciate the fact that I have my own office.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I just couldn't imagine working in an open air office or what ever they call these places. When I'm working on a complex problem I want to be left the hell alone, I wouldn't be able to do nearly as good of a job with people bouncing around on toys and poo poo while I'm trying to figure something out.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

PJ5492

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Yeah, there's nothing to get. Did you forget where you are? You're on the

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

gently caress da Mods posted:

lol where do u work bud?

I'm the man from the hamburger train.

FlimFlam Imam fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 29, 2015

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

ethanol posted:

I don't loving get it!!!!!

By popular demand I redact my post.

FlimFlam Imam fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I bet that mom gives out chick tracts instead of candy.

• Locked thread