Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

P-Mack posted:

One of my grandmother's friends lost her husband when he accidentally slit his throat while shaving. She found his body, called the cops, then got out a mop and started cleaning up.

You have to actually dig in to cut through an artery, you don't "slit your throat" by just cutting the skin

Your grandmother's friend killed that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

amusinginquiry posted:

There's a difference between racking up additional, needless debt and allowing yourself to enjoy your income while you slowly pay off existing debt.

People rarely point out that it's completely ok and sustainable to live with a car loan, a mortgage, and small amounts of credit card debt. If you're a normal, responsible person you can totally buy a new laptop on your credit card and pay it off over a couple months with extremely minimal interest payments. I guess most of the people you see talking about debt on the internet are completely off the deep end.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Puppet Master posted:

You sound like such a likable person

look at that loving loser with his house, and his loving family. he doesn't even make as much as me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

thathonkey posted:

must be nice to be good enough at something you merely like to make a living-wage and career out of it and then having a separate thing that you love that you can make your hobby and have time for both.

that is lovely advice because it applies to virtually nobody.

actually it applies to a lot of people, just not depressive mopers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shower puffs are the greatest invention and if you don't use one you're loving up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ThePriceIsRight posted:

shower puffs are useless and full of bacteria just use your hands you dingus

Top notch lathering, slightly abrasive, constantly full of soap. If you don't shove it between your rear end cheeks you're good to go. Don't be disregarding modern shower tech you luddite.

Inzombiac posted:

I use an Axe detailer. It's like a floof-thing and then an abrasive pad on the other side. Cleans out all the OIL AND SAWDUST AND BLOOD from the folds of my lovely body.
It is the only Axe product I will ever own.

In my whole life I have only known a couple of guys who buy into the whole MAN THINGS trend and they were always insufferable social pariahs; overweight weirdos that think they will survive the apocalypse yet cannot run 100ft.

Too rough, no lather. It feels less like a luxurious cleaning instrument and more like a self-flagellation device

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

neonbregna posted:

Lol if you don't have a poof just for your rear end

Gotta have an rear end rag just for that. Black people know this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

down with the concept of your labor providing value to society

down with it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

symbolic posted:

i stopped caring about them years ago so i haven't been paying attention

most infants fully understand object permanence when they turn 2, i wish you the best on your continued development

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Clarissa will be the first against the wall for what she did to me

Clarissa Against the Wall

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

notZaar posted:

The instant that dude moves here's going to get that scarf tangled in every plate on his ridiculous cartoon suit.

Thanks for the analysis man, I was seriously wondering about that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

thathonkey posted:

those "cubicles" with low walls somehow manage to make cubicles even more undesirable

"Open concept" is the loving worst. No idea how people tolerated the removal of the last bit of privacy anyone had in the workplace but it happened and now here we are

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is this from that Budweiser ad a while back, the one that ripped on good beer and the dipshits that drink it (drink our HARD BREWED poo poo beer and watch football like a REAL MAN)?

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHU_9ec94c

our beer isn't made for FAGGOTS who like to fuss and nitpick over microbrews, ours is BEECHWOOD AGED

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

living with your parents into your thirties cripples your social life and human development. it's probably nice being able to buy a new xbox when it comes out because you don't have to pay rent but lol when you're 35 and crying about how you can't figure out how to do laundry or boil water

like i'm going to believe that millennials can't afford some lovely apartment with a roommate or two out of school. seems like it's more about staving off adulthood and responsibility for as long as possible.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

is it better or worse than half of all white guys wearing samurai top knots

is it an anime thing? last time i was at the airport it was top knot cosplay as far as the eye can see

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nomadologique posted:

i've always thought the seatbelts thing was really funny. "give me the freedom to die like i want, flying through the windshield of my car." why is this a freedom people want so badly? that is an earnest question.

It's mainly just that obese people find seatbelts uncomfortable

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

woah, drinking COFFEE? graphic designers are freaking MANIACS!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

if you live anywhere but a major city you're barely actually alive, though

there's more than 2 major cities in the US but you'll never hear a millennial admit that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

actually portland has been "kept weird"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

if Twisted Sister doesn't come through your city every 6 months then why the gently caress would you bother living there

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

My city has the largest greek and italian speaking population outside of italy and greece

I'm sorry

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

no, people's parents just tend to help support them until they are doing well enough on their own, the fact that you have some notion of "growing up and being an adult" meaning getting no help from your family as though you're some type of badass island man is a manufactured idea and completely based on nothing. Why wouldn't i want support from my family if they want to help me and are able to? They love me and I am appreciate them for helping with my rent and allowing me to live close to work and focus on my career and education.

other countries also have a tradition where your parents move in with you at age 60 and stay until they die in your guest bedroom so i hope you're planning to live up to the other end of the bargain

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Prav posted:

most americans love the empire and will happily work to maintain it

not entirely sure why any american would prefer not to be living in the seat of global power and influence

i guess there's always england and russia if you want to see what it's like living in a has-been

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

I don't understand that poo poo about asking his grandmother for money? We don't all have rich grandmothers to mooch off of?

He's saying your grandmother ought to be able to tell your dumb rear end about how finances work

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

Why is he dumping poo poo onto my grandmother - just to deflect attention from the fact he has no answers but only acts smart?

Outragess

elders have wisdom and since they are frail and can no longer hunt elk their remaining purpose is to pass down knowledge to the younger generation. come on man this is basic tribal custom

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Ah yes, YOSPOS....the cool, not-embarrassing forum. Your reputation has been restored

get a load of anroid! , i tried to comnmit the suicide again yesterday

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

Not all of those people are working because they have to.

nobody who spent their life stocking shelves at a walmart contributed to a 401k

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What kind of fancy feast buying mother fucker spends over $100 a month on a cat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Khorne posted:

Pets are expensive as gently caress.

Food
Litter
Vaccinations
Flea/tick poo poo
Registration fees/taxes (some places, you will get fined hard as gently caress if you don't register them and sent to criminal rather than civil court if you don't pay)

$100/mo is probably under reporting by a significant amount.

Note: I don't own pets personally. Far more hassle than they are worth and it really sucks when they die.

Maybe if you did have a cat you'd realize that a bag of decent dry food and a thing of litter is like $30 a month and shots last 3 years+ and only cost like $60 anyway

Registering a cat in my city is $40 for a lifetime

Tbh the number would make sense if it was including a pet rent fee

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

symbolic posted:

you're forgetting items such as toys, vet appointments, and in some cases, property damage because young pets are usually assholes

No, I'm not

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Decrepus posted:

lol if your dog food bag doesn't have a wolf glowering at you

Everybody secretly wishes to be killed and eaten by their pet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

im 5'5" and have tiny stubby fingers and can't please a woman and finally there's a phone for me!

• Locked thread