Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was born in 1983 so technically I'm a millennial. I joined the Marines and here are some pics of some. Here's my generation.

Bunch of lazy assholes. :buddy:

Are you loving serious? Millennials are Generation CAB, the loving "I got shot at" medal

We didn't need that poo poo in 2003, it was just kind of assumed that if you were in an actual warzone, you were going to get shot at. That's why you got Hostile Fire Pay. Then suddenly "I got shot at once" became some kind of achievement to set you apart from the losers who deployed but didn't get shot at.

You think it takes work ethic to go sit in a desert for 12 months, ride around in armored vehicles most of the time, and walk around occasionally? I'll admit, there were some who busted their rear end and worked because it needed to be done and I admire them, but the vast, vast majority were too lazy to check their own oil, too lazy to change a tire, and too lazy to pull the big bright red "stop" button back out before they tried to turn on the generator and decided it was broken when it didn't start. The vast majority were too goddamned lazy and self-absorbed to pitch in to get a job done right, because "it's not my job", because they had more pressing things to do like get back to their hooch to play CoD all night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I originally joined in 1996.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

And I think the Combat Action Badge is the most Millennial LOL "Give them a trophy for participating" award, even ahead of the campaign medals, so I laugh and laugh at people who wear it with pride and roll my eyes when they ask me why I don't have one. (I was awarded one in 2010, I will never ever ever wear it).

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm going to guess that the young soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines didn't petition their superior officers and fight until they got this so well deserved medal. There is a good conduct ribbon for fucks sake. That's basically, serve for a bit while not committing a felony and you get a medal. It's been around for over a hundred years. The young people have no say in the creation of medals so you only have the higher ups to blame for anything you may deem as pointless.

The kids playing little league didn't demand participation trophies either, it was all the parents projecting. The CAB was initially developed by higher-up non-infantry officers who were jealous of the Combat Infantry Badge, and also wanted to differentiate themselves from their counterparts in Kuwait getting all the same deployment credit, but damned if young soldiers in the Army didn't grab on to that as the empty measure of self worth it was designed to be.

Also, while the Good Conduct Medal might seem like an empty Atta-boy gesture today, when it was created "serve for an entire enlistment without committing a felony" was a tall order. The Army had a lot lower standards for enlistment and paid a hell of a lot less back then.

:lol:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I wonder what happens if you don't press F?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

mind the walrus posted:

Thank you for saying it better than I could. Besides isn't a millennial taking responsibility for their generation's flaws what you old shits wanted in the first place?

I don't actually hate millennials or believe that their generation is any worse than any previous generation, my "Millennials loving Suck" thread OP is just quoting a 30 year old song about my generation. Though I do kinda despise this whole "Social Media means my lovely opinion matters even though grew up in a bubble and never did anything substantive and don't believe in compromise thing", with "activists" "creating" "hashtags" and poo poo, but even that is largely driven by the older media trying desperately to stay relevant.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Really the most damning things you can say about Milennials are pretty functionally identical to the poo poo you can say about Baby Boomers. Gen X sucks in its own ways at it but at least they carved out their own sense of cultural identity through timing and sheer force of will.

The most damning thing I can say about Millennials is that almost all of their "unique" faults are pretty much the direct result of their Boomer parents.

gently caress YOU, DAD!!!!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I will wear it with pride!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

VagueRant posted:

In fairness, I'm pretty sure this is true of soldiering throughout history.

To an extent, which is why I sneer at the soldiers and veterans saying "I'm not like the rest of those lazy millennials, I went to War!" War is (and always has been) about 99% sitting around waiting for poo poo to happen. And also when the senior leadership stands around saying "you're great, you're wonderful, you're the elite, you're part of the point four five percent of Americans who have volunteered to fight since 9/11, you're special just because you put on the uniform", it's not at all surprising that so many come back thinking the rest of the country owes them something (beyond VA benefits and care and such).

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Sonofsilversign posted:

how are old people so naive? must be growing up with like 3 tv channels lmao

HEY! We had local UHF stations too. :colbert:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

circ dick soleil posted:

I mean nobody holds their phone like that unless they're taking a video so yeah.

Everybody around him is reacting to the incoming ball, the father and son behind him, the woman in front of him, so what's he shooting video of?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

I forgot to include the first part lastnight.

Good, I thought the first part was just a clever new way of saying :frogout:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Amarcarts posted:

I'm in school now this is definitely a frat thing.

This is the southern lower middle class idea of "preppy", and that looks more like a high school than a college.

My mother made me dress like this in school, which was fantastic when we moved to a northeastern working class coal town. :suicide:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm really sick of lovely writers trying to put a positive spin on this. Millennials as a whole have no redeeming qualities, time to stop pretending they do. Their kids are going to be even more hosed up because they were ignored by their self-obsessed parents, sat down in front of a tablet since birth, and their parenting was dictated by the whims of whatever stupid blog their parents happened to be reading that week. We're hosed.

This is not a joke. :ughh:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Naerasa posted:

I talked to my boomer parents today about this and they apologized for leaving us a poo poo world but then said to be fair their parents caused world war ii, and that was a pretty good point.

Their parents might have fought in WW2, but I'm pretty sure that war was caused by the left-overs from the previous world war, which was caused by the old people in Europe, so we're talking about people born in the mid-19th century. Nice of them to blame their parents for the actions of some dickheads on another continent a hundred years before they were born.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

quote:

The older goon looked at the younger with a loving, pitiful smile and said, "Goon sir, I set her printer down on the other side of the river; you are still carrying it."

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Al Nipper posted:

epic samery

for the win

I quickly scrolled past your whole post. Which is the same thing I do with all of your posts.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Uncle Enzo posted:

Kids born in early-to-late eighties: Manually edited system configuration files in order to play Video Gamez, saved money to buy new graphics cards, posted anonymously on lovely websites they often made themselves.

I was born in the mid 70s and did this from about 1991. :downswords: if you didn't plug your computer into your TV, "load "*", 8, 1", or later dream about the very out of reach SVGA card and compatible monitor, or post semi-anonymously to local dial-in BBS sites that had regular in-person meet-ups.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Ka0 posted:

http://michellejoni.com/

Of course she has a ted talk

of course

Tedx, there is a difference. Anybody can get a Tedx talk.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Mariana Horchata posted:

Strangers often come up to me and ask if I'm a boy or a girl. Who are you, Professor Oak in the beginning of a loving Pokemon game? Mind your own god drat business.

- M.W.A.
Millennials With Attitude

So, a oval office.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Holy poo poo you're old!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Madcosby posted:

hahaha wow

growing up, the noid was a huge hit. everyone loved those commercials.

imagine taking this personally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4

Seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUdbm5-Uqs

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Holy poo poo :wth:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

withak posted:

The other day I overheard a coworker say "oh snap" out loud in conversation.

quote:

So I came to her room and opened the door
Oh, snap! guess what I saw?
A fella tongue-kissin’ my girl in the mouth,
I was so in shock my heart went down south
So please listen to the message that I say
Don’t ever talk to a girl who says she just has a friend

YOU! You got what I need!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Justin Tyme posted:

I saw a straight up milsurp smoker's jacket for sale at a mall for 60 loving dollars once

For what it's worth, that's not a stand-alone jacket, there's no way to button it up. It's a removable lining for this thing:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Frostwerks posted:

i dont care what anybody says, i absolutely tolerate bizmarkie

I was just trying to remember where else I heard "Oh Snap" before millennials and memes came along.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

my firstborn is going to be Stephen Austin

I'm not sure what generation this puts you in. I wanted to be Astronaut Steve Austin when I was five.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

You know these girls grew up with the radio edit of short dick man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I think this is the one you meant: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/b4ylib/chappelle-s-show-kneehigh-park-pt--2---uncensored

• Locked thread