Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Squashy Nipples posted:

How did you guys miss this?

Somerville held a 'pity party', so people could feel bad for themselves.

That's just about the most millennial thing I've ever heard of.

Where is Cliff Yablonski WHEN YOU REALLY NEED HIM?

Pony!

My hope is that he is leading them into the sea.

Somebody already posted about crying parties which is basically the same thing. But it seems to me to be ironic rather than a sincere expression of emotion, which seems to be an alien concept to people in my generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

dogstile posted:

I still don't understand the whole "tattoos stop you from getting jobs" thing. It's probably because I don't work in retail, but i'd say the majority of my colleagues in the past have had tattoos. Maybe it affects you if you got "oval office" tattoo'd on your face and you work in retail or something, but if you have a proper job it won't matter imo

If I ever got in the position to veto job candidates, I would definitely nix any tattooed rear end in a top hat on principal. Tattoos are for criminals and white trash.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm no no gross sluts in my office please. They can take it to the street as far as I'm concerned.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

somebody should make a decal that says "this machine kills chinese factory workers"

Nice. Epic burn on that guy.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

withak posted:

If he built that himself then he should definitely be allowed to drive it on the street.

Do you really think a guy who is that obsessed about his looks builds anything for himself?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Toadvine posted:

lol dude isnt even that good looking , u mad & ugly

he's very hot

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

To his credit, shaving with a straight/safety razor and making shaving lather on the spot with a brush rules and is the superior way to shave. Anything that brings us closer to eliminating bad facial hair culture.

Yeah man. What? Why is doing something purposely hard and lovely better?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the most millennial movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUBVcit5VM

His dream woman is a maniac pixie girl who works in the tech industry.

It's a really good movie.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Are you trying to be a poor man's I.N.R.I. or something?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ghlbtsk posted:

Watch the vid to see middle-aged sportscasters mercilessly harassing a sorority.
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v511523483/colari-fans-are-having-a-blast-taking-some-selfies

Good on them for finding a way to make the miserable grind of being at a live baseball game somewhat less insufferable.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wow, nice. Way to go rear end in a top hat, you're really contributing to the discussion. NOT.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ChesterJT posted:

That's not really interacting with the world. The point is the "world" is right there in front of them and they're ignoring it to take pictures of themselves.

They were at a baseball game. Before smartphone people would just drink themselves into a stupor or make out.
In fact you can argue that going to a sporting event is just as much a rejection of the "real world". Bread and circus and whatnot.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ChesterJT posted:

See the weird thing is if I don't like a thing I don't waste my time and money going to see it. I enjoy baseball so I go to games and actually pay attention (as do thousands of other people).

Maybe they got talked into going by their frat boyfriends, who knows.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

plain blue jacket posted:

a literal golden age when children knew how to treat their elders and act around others

Probably hedging their bets knowing they had a 60% chance at best to make it to 20.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The only thing lol worthy here is you thinking in going to give Huffington any page views.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Squashy Nipples posted:

One of the things that I really hate about millennials: they LOVE to over-think poo poo.

This is just a visual representation of the cartoonist's struggle with his repressed homosexuality.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You said this was a student demo reel right? Could just be a lovely undergrad trying to scrape by on minimum effort, not like that's a new concept either.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
We're living in a weird age where the giant corporations haven't yet figured out that you can't appease the contrarian SJWs on twitter, so that's why you get weirdly effective e-bullying campaigns against logos or words.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Any jacket is can be a smoker's jacket, when you think about it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

kajeto posted:

I've seen this picture before but never known the context. Anybody care to explain? TIA

Dude loitering around Apple store after worthless shithead Steve Jobs died from his own stupidity

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ladies please have the sex with me instead of your man.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Sapper posted:

I dunno, I like the smell of sawdust. Beats the hell out of that lavender poo poo the wife brings home.

But I'd feel like a complete tool buying it. Maybe if they'd repackage it to look like a normal Yankee Candle...

Why don't you go work on some wood then? Get that sawdust stank the honest way.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

are you morons actually out there shaving with disposables?

gilette sensor w barbasol all the way

Disposables are cheaper than the multi blade refills and they work perfectly.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

withak posted:

Not a good option unless you live somewhere with an infinite supply of water.

So anywhere east of California?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

5er posted:

loving McDonalds will never stop advertising like it's a part of a person's identity. Like they're perpetually jealous that their garbage, unhealthy food doesn't have the insular, conceited loyalist fan clubs that automobiles and pedopheliac anime has. But that doesn't stop them from pretending in advertisements, that they do.

You got to fake it till you make it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The Bethesda RPG conversation experience.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

plain blue jacket posted:

I remember a time when people weren't giving their kids stupid names

You only think that because your upraising contextualized those names for you as 'normal' when in fact they were extremely stupid.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

This isn't the swole thread.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Accretionist posted:

I had a buddy who was like 5'5" and height discrimination is real, and it's a bitch.

What happened to him? Did he die?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Short guys get to be fighter jet plane pilots though, that will probably overwrite the shame of being born under 6'2"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Or you can just pledge to remain celibate and self select out of the gene pool.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Rough Lobster posted:

All the really short dudes I've known just got real fucken beefy and now no one says poo poo to them because the low center of gravity and massive shoulders along with their boiling rage make them excellent brawlers. If such a man chooses to grow a beard he will looking like a dwarven berserker.

Short skinny guys really get hosed I guess, they don't get to be tall OR strong.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah but you can fix one of those.

5'4" and ripped as hell is more impressive than a 6'2" skeleton

No I meant skinny as in naturally small frame. Your musculature is dependent on your genes same as height, working out will help but they're not going to get huge unless they roid it up.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I want to wear a tall girl like a hat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Runaktla posted:

I'm 5'8 and a half I don't think I'm short

You would be considered average height in one of those countries where everybody is shrimpy from malnutrition.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's not like you can do anything about how tall you are but you should let it stress you out anyways.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Nargila is better than ecigs, if simply must make a huge cloud of smoke in public.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Imagine how millenials would have tried to deal with Hitler.

They would fly overseas to enlist in the SS.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite crazy old candy is candy corn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

joat mon posted:

Mix it with peanuts and you can't distinguish it from a Payday. While still a second-tier candybar, Payday is way better than candycorn alone.

Personally I can eat candy corn raw. Of course after about 10 pieces it turns my mouth into a numb cavern full of corn syrup paste.

• Locked thread