Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
mgsv? is this the new anime thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
satellite reign seems p. cool from what i've played so far, though it has this idiotic drunkvision thing (player camera slowly sways from side to side) that made one of my ~gamer bros~ report motion sickness and thankfully can be turned off but is enabled by default and i literally have no idea wtf purpose they thought it would achieve

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

maniacdevnull posted:

Or

yanno

anyone who expected the contents of the game to be in there so they could play it immediately upon placing the disc in the tray
counterrevolutionary scum who waste precious physical matter on optical media deserve everything they get imo

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Tanith posted:

the implication that something has brought all the wrecks there that is not you
what i got from the hardware trailers was basically "there was a massive space opera war here. it's gone now"

and that the planet was either already a lovely frontier world before it happened to be the scene of a major battle, or had been depopulated by the war, so was now vacant except for you and your rival scavengers who had all come in from offworld

but yeah it may not have been that and even if it was there was plenty of room for them to do something cool with it idk

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
oh yeah i just watched that too. :agreed:

otoh in this one they at least know some names and classes of ships
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqNp1fZ9xQ

also that whole "long march" thing, aside from the chinese revolution is also arguably a homeworld reference i guess

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Stux posted:

everyrgame that u actually pay for you can redownload forever if even if it's removedd from. the store idiot
when the rights to the original fallout games were about to pass from interplay to bethesda due to that hilarious legal fuckery thing, interplay were like "lol gently caress you bethsoft we'll just give them away for free on gog" and it owned

then it ended and bethesda pulled the games from gog but people who already got them could still play them because gog is cool & good

but now bethesda have only just recently put their catalog back on gog including the fallouts but they seem to be a different entry in gog's database. so if bethesda ever do like compatibility updates or something (probably unlikely) then people who got the free ones won't get them :(

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
hello friends

some of you already have me on steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/alcolol/), can someone pls invite me to the sa goons group tia

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
cvgs: currently playing thru fallout 3 since fallout 4 came out and i've literally never played a fallout despite buying 3 & NV in steam sales years ago and getting the classic ones free on gog when interplay lost the rights. i did play wasteland back in the 90s before fallout 1 had even come out tho

presumably gonna play new vegas next then buy fallout 4 eventually but otoh there's also a new starcraft 2 that looks almost decent and i guess xcom 2 is coming soon so who knows

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

As a Millennial I posted:

star control is happening. all of brad's rapes are forgiven
no don't

i want a new star control just not one made by a rapist

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

duTrieux. posted:

MrSlam posted:

Made this the other day when I was bored and I was trying to wrap my head around the story.

edit: I guess you need to right-click it and click View Image
lmao

e: i had already seen that the portrait reward thing you get for completing the new campaign is "ascended kerrigan" that looks like she's on fire. knew it was going to be something dumb but :holymoley:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
the xerox star had the first good video game controller at a consumer level, though it was first really successful with the apple macintosh, and the technology really only came into its own during the windows 95/98 era with the popularisation of WASD

hth

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Dodoman posted:

you have to join the public group and ask someone there for an invite to the invite group. i can't invite people to either groups.
i didn't even know there's a public group but yeah i found the pgs thread

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Blackula69 posted:

i like in fallout 4 when you take a shot in VATS that's blocked by scenery because the hitboxes don't reflect the graphics but it doesn't tell you so you waste all of your action points
i've also been getting that in fallout 3 tho

maniacdevnull posted:

I WORK FOR BELETHOR, AT THE GENERAL GOODS STORE.

Yeah I know fucko, I saved the entire world from certain doom by devouring the souls of time traveling dragons and I live down the street from you. We've met, ok?
you left out the part about "i've lived next door from you for several years with my lesbian wife"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

triple sulk posted:

is there a recent game to play that's not a colossal fail or a rage inducer or a worse than usual timesink
is invisible inc recent enough?

PleasureKevin posted:

Spec Ops the Line

i got this game because so many have called it critical of imperialism and also a worthy comparison to Metal gear Solid 2 in some ways. yet, like MGS 2, it is tedious and bad. how do i really know it will live up in the end? it doesn't have the initial bait-and-switch attention-grabbing boat mission that MGS 2 had before plopping you into the punishment of post-modern deconstruction. again i have to play for ages to know if it's worth it.
no don't

i got several missions in but the gameplay was boring af and just watched the ending on youtube

someone apparently compiled all the cutscenes into a "movie" if you care about the earlier ones, and you can see the other endings here (the movie has the good ending though)

Notorious QIG posted:

pokemon mystery dungeon is bad though
:vd: mystery dungeon is literally the best poke mans

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 23, 2015

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

i found one yesterday that was from a girl who ran from home the night before the bombs dropped. she didnt say it explicitly but it sure sounded like she had just come out and was thrown out if the house :smith:
was it a series of audio recordings you found after finding keys to unlock rooms and get more recordings in suspiciously chronological order and in the end it turns out she left to go wandering the wastes with her girlfriend who had almost joined the brotherhood of steel

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
bideo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
james

• Locked thread