Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Rhyno posted:

Wake me up when this lovely month ends.

It hasn't even started yet... Wait, or are you talking about August? Still have 86 more minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

BraveUlysses posted:

I think FO4 will be the only game I buy in the next year. So excited for it.

FO4, Battlefront, FIFA and/or NHL 16, the Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4... Mad Max when I can grab it used for cheap. I need a new tv.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

It'll still be a fine phone for another year or two. Google is giving 6.0 to the nexus 4 so you should still get updates for awhile. I MO it's too big. I don't think there are any car mounts that out fits in and I don't think it'll be too comfortable for it to sit in my pocket while sitting.

It fits fine in my pocket when sitting, but if I'm wearing the right shorts while driving it sometimes falls out based on the angle my leg is at in the mini. Haven't found a mount it fits in.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

I can barely take care of myself. How well am I going to be able to take care of a kid?

Isn't this what everyone thinks before having a kid?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

MrChips posted:

Just over five days left to get your answers in for the Sheep Game; entries close on Saturday night at 11pm Pacific Time. The more entries I get, the better and more hilarious the end result will be!

I'll work on it in class tonight!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Geoj posted:

Don't get married when you're in the military.

I am always amazed that I won that lottery. 8 crazy years in March!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

I love Arizona but if I could make San Diego work without a huge headache, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Definitely this. Some of the best beer in the country, arguably the best weather, not great traffic but still not LA or Baltimore/DC. Plus, California could use an extra 100k firefighters right now. Bring some water with you...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

fjelltorsk posted:

Not sure if we could handle san diego weather, where we live we have 242 days of rain in a good year. couple of years ago we had 98 days of rain straight

Oh, then what you are looking for is Portland/Seattle/Vancouver.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

the spyder posted:

I got a great deal on a 2013 X-One. I had planned on using it quite a bit more, but we finally found a competent lawn care service for my grandmothers property. It's only got 50 hours on it since last year.

Wait, aren't you in Oregon? Are you planning on selling it? My dad could probably use a good mower for a decent chunk of lawn that they down want to run the tractor over.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

blk posted:

Those of you with more cars than garage space - how do you determine which cars go in the garage? Just had a...discussion with the wife about this and am curious how other people do it.

Wife's car got on one side, I put whatever I want on my side. Currently it is the motorcycle. Sometimes it is the Suzuki Swift AND the motorcycle. Other times it is something I'm working on. Her side is for her car and the keezer.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I just want to sneak over and Fulton the poo poo out of those resources...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

In the Coachella valley we have a couple turbines...

Of course, Palm Springs is considered ruined by the noted style winner Donald Trump

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Ferremit posted:

Yeah all of my Mac Laptops have been stupidly long lived and resiliant as hell. I had a white 06 Macbook thats still going strong two batteries, two case tops and a set of heavily tweaked hinges later, a Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro that got such a belting driving around the bush in 4wds at fires that one of the ram slots has seperated off the motherboard, so its only running single channel ram and has a bend in the chassis that puts one side of the ethernet port about 1.5mm higher than the other side and it still works, and my current last of the non retina Macbook Pro inhaled a tonne of sand on our last big 4wd trip (using it to dump photos too) and after a strip apart and blow out with an airgun is stil going strong.

My wife and I have had the same experience. Desktop? For sure I'm building a Windows/Linux box. Laptop? I'm buying a Mac no questions asked (other than how much is the student discount on a refurb?). My 2009 MBP just bit the dust but my wife's MacBook from 2008 is still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

There's no student discount on refurbs afaik, in fact I think my discount on refurbs isn't that great

When I bought my mbp it was an extra $50-100 depending, but that was 5 years ago.

• Locked thread