Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

New Mad Max game confirmed awesome as gently caress. Really don't see why there were 4 other options you could pick when choosing a body for your car because this one is :perfect:

Game also has a built in capture mode that pauses the action, removes the HUD, and gives you free cam with lots of options. More games need this feature :h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You picked the wrong body style but that's okay too. I just picked up the body style and haven't gotten a chance to play past there. I am pretty excited about survivin'.

The hell you say. I picked the only correct option since Wild Hunt is the classic Interceptor, son :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Chubby cats are the best cats :3:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

RillAkBea posted:

Moog's new car has been revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN7tl7nhV0s

Comments are full of anger, though after all the hints he was dropping about RB26 and the "It was all a dream" episode where he gushed over turbo Nissans it is a pretty unexpected choice.

It's a Mini Cooper :psyduck::britain:

Holy poo poo that thing is gorgeous. I love it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Yes, it was.

Pre-order @ GameStop included an exclusive in-game car body, a poster, and a sweet diecast of one variation of the Magnum Opus.
I'm liking the game. Chumbucket is awesome - spark plug necklace, another sparkplug in his ear, and a tool pouch loincloth?

Goddamnit I want that diecast Opus so much :allears:

Game owns. I've sunk 10 hours into it so far and haven't even reached the second half of the map, just been loving around doing all the side mission-y stuff.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Darchangel posted:

I picked the '32 Ford looking thing, just to be different. I thought about Wild Hunt, but it's not the BoB, man (rear side windows aren't right). Besides, you can change bodies later on, I think. I almost got the Rolls body, just because offroad Rolls.
Note that the diecast that the Game Stop preorder came with is a Wind Hunt, though.

I just got the Shovel Face, Furnace, and :siren:SUPER SPECIAL PRE-ORDER BONUS RIPPER:siren: available on my save. The Shovel Face actually looks pretty fuckin' rad after a few upgrades, not gonna lie.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Darchangel posted:

I got the Ripper, but not far enough along yet to start swapping stuff. Only just got to Jeet's fortress last night. Did get an enemy car stored there, though. NOW I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL!

Just wait until you start getting lots and lots of upgrade parts unlocked. My Opus is a goddamn tank now:

Twin turbo, spikes all over, and fuckoff huge bash bars :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

Taking Pink Slips all day son.

God, that game had the best soundtrack. I also love how changing the muffler actually changed how the car sounded. Little touches :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

wallaka posted:

This Mad Max game is SO GOOD. Just got the cotton candy paintjob!

There's a SweetFX preset in the OP of the Mad Max thread in Games that makes it look a lot more like Fury Road in terms of visual style, if that's your thing:

Honestly the game looks fantastic as-is, I just really like the hyper vibrant look it has now with the SweetFX stuff. It's glorious at sunset and when you've got a ton of explosions at night.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

14 INCH DICK posted:

I went Goodwill hunting today. Theres a Goodwill thst doesn't price things, they sell it all unsorted piled in giant troughs by the pound.

First up found a bag I decided I needed.

This camera as is, seemed dusty but otherwise fully intact.

Found this one bin over from the camera.

Also appeared to be completely undamaged or scratched.

A brand new in packaging Dirty Jobs beanie!

Oh and some pants.

Total out the door price for everything was eight and a half bucks.

Nice find with the camera! I was recently given a mint Yashica and some accessories from my Aunt's b/f:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

14 INCH DICK posted:

I think the camera and lens together came out to about a buck and change but I must confess I impulse bought them because I figured I could make at least a little profit reselling them at that cost.

eBay shows them going for crazy amounts of money, so yeah, I'd say you could definitely flip it for profit :v:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Topcon-RE-Super-35mm-SLR-film-camera-w-RE-Auto-Topcor-1-1-4-f-5-8cm-/252078125877?hash=item3ab106f335

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

MrChips posted:

If any of you fuckers haven't bought Mad Max yet you can get it 40% off on GreenMan Gaming with this code:

MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX

E: I watched Weekend Of A Champion tonight; it's not a bad little movie.

My roomie rented it for Xbone, then immediately used this code to buy it for PC after like 5 or 10 minutes of playing because it was too good to pass up :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

mafoose posted:

Same haha

What's the AI steam group again?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/automotiveinsanity

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Finished Mad Max tonight!

Final boss fight was loving stupid, but otherwise the game is super rad. Tomorrow I guess i'll get started on clearing out all the optional side stuff :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

DrakeriderCa posted:

I've noticed AI tends to not like Nissan 350z/370z's. Why is that?

I think they're neat :ohdear:

I just really cannot stand how they look :shrug:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

god drat, the mad max game is janky as poo poo and slow as balls. it's like the creators have never played a video game or seen the movie.

Counterpoint: Upgrade the engine + ramming grill + exhaust, leave off the armor, turn your car into a wasteland cruise missile sent to smash and punish any who dare get in the way :black101:

Seriously though, the cars do feel a shitload better once you get a few upgrades into them. Tires and suspension mean you can actually maintain speed in the really rough sections, and the engines make a fairly noticeable difference.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I have no idea what the gently caress is even going on in this thread anymore. It's like trolling, counter trolling, fake trolling, counter-fake trolling, fake counter trolling... :psyduck:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

beam trolling, otter trolling, side-by-side trolling, outrigger trolling, stern trolling...

So many layers. Like the most confusing and amazing onion.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

You did something cool with a Miata?!

....oh, wait...its just another V8.

Oh well.

I've posted about it before, but how about one with a built 26B?

Mad Mike's RADBUL owns bones.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Guys i'm sitting here drinking Surge for the first time in years and it's just as good as I remember :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Is it from that Amazon order or did they already start stocking it in stores again? I used to drink that poo poo buy the 2 liter when I was a little kid.

Stocking it in stores, apparently. Roomie grabbed a couple 16oz cans from one of the local gas stations and gave me one this morning.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

meatpimp posted:

I heard that the British were replaced by godless commies.

Implying they weren't already commies in the first place. The Queen is just a figurehead for the shadowy Stalinist movement if you ask me :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Sportsball chat for a sec, anyone else watching the Michigan State / Oregon game? It's going well :getin:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Nowhere near as amusing as OU/Tenn.

I dunno, watching Sparty continuously shut down the Oregon offense is pretty entertaining :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My car is sexy as gently caress and you are all just haters driving Miatas. My warranty will outlive the entirety of your poo poo-box car.

My unkillable cop car disagrees :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

You Am I posted:

Prepared to be disappointed. You know how MS is pushing "night racing and wet racing" in Forza 6? Only 4 tracks have that feature. Friends and I were wanting to race Bathurst in the wet, but you only have a dry option for that track. Not even a night option. Fuckers :(

Get Project CARS then. That track is insane if you set the weather to Thunderstorm.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uQO3vv9qzw

Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle 4 is finally out! More Dan Brockett, more crazy motorcycle drifts.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

I have no idea what I just watched but I enjoyed the hell out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOFimB7ZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0V71sGoxA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoiVtXtS444

The first 3 are worth a watch as well.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

gently caress this week in particular. Not gonna make a super long e/n post or anything, just... ugh. Dad's in the hospital about to undergo surgery, I told my job to get hosed because I'm done dealing with an infrastructure that's crumbling around me and only being able to slap bandaids on what are essentially gaping loving holes in the system... Christ.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So yeah, I got to go watch drag boat races for a couple of hours today. I'll do a bigger photo post later on after I have them all edited and sorted, but man, that was a loving blast. Lots of twin turbo and supercharged big block powered jetboats, plus some really sleek Mercury powered outboard setups that sounded utterly mental. It was rad.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

On the other hand you could be an Arkansas fan right now.

:smith:

Cool kids support the A-State Red Wolves :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

http://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-speeds-up-electric-car-work-1442857105?mod=e2fb

So, I guess we're getting an iCar then :v:

Now to see which owners will be worse, the ones who buy the Apple electric car or Prius owners.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Apparently I took some good shots when I went to watch the dragboat races this past weekend. Got quite a few friend requests from some of the people who were racing and the photos are getting shared around like crazy. Feels good, finally starting to feel like I might be a proper semi-pro photographer :3:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

:3: Sleep and soberness are over rated. Had an awesome date Thursday night drinking cocktails and talking. About half way through the night she looked at me funny and asked if I had heard of Something Awful...shes a goon

So you're gonna make her an AI Cool Dude, right? :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Raluek posted:

Did the V6 vortecs not have the weird central spider injection system like the V8 vortecs? 'Cause that's a different thing than TBI.

They definitely did. My '96 Blazer had the 4.3 Vortec and it had that weird goofy rear end spider system with the lovely poppet valves that like to clog up.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

:stare:

So... you fuckers got up to some poo poo last night apparently.

I'll just be over here, eagerly awaiting more power station photos from Adiabatic.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Oh that's cool

I've been through that place. No reason in particular but friend offered a tour and I wasn't going to pass it up.

My phone takes lovely pictures and there isn't really anything cool to see but here's the systems I'm babysitting this week...

Edison XC30 - 332 terabytes memory, 2.39 petaflop/second peak performance, 124,608 processing cores, 462 terabytes/second global memory bandwidth, 11 terabytes/second network bisection bandwidth, 7.56 petabytes disk storage, 163 gigabytes/second I/O bandwidth

Hopper XE6 - 1.28 Petaflops/sec, 153,216 compute cores, 217 Terabytes of memory, and 2 Petabytes of online disk storage.

Hnnngh :flashfap:

This is very cool. Love the look and the specs.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

kastein posted:

You mean to tell me you need big rear end open fields and stuff to put wind turbines in?!

We almost got it in the northeast, offshore, but a bunch of loving hypocritical politicians went full NIMBY because they didn't want to look at wind turbines from their posh multimillion dollar retreats on MAHHHHTHAS VINYAAAAAAHD.

Serious question, what about tidal hydroelectric? I fully admit i'm not at all well versed in the details and intricacies of it, but how feasible would it be to build some offshore turbines driven by waves / tidal energy for the express purpose of generating power?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I love how within the first minute they're drifting the General Maintenance around gravel roads :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I'm just wondering when corn started using punctuation and capitalization. I feel like my world view just shattered :(

• Locked thread