Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

fjelltorsk posted:

I may or may not have rerouted my crew while driving back from a false alarm to go pick up my new roadbike...

i am a bad man

I may or may not have used a ladder truck drill to fix some bad flashing on my roof.

(you're all good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

How do you strip a triple square? Unless your answer is "intentionally"

They're super easy to strip, at least the ones you'll find on VWs/Porsches. They are so bad people regularly refer to them as "cheese heads".

If they aren't clean or your bit is worn they cam out. I've found that once you've cammed out of one you need to take whatever bit you were using and throw it right in the trash or it's just gonna cause you more pain.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

...you are thinking of the Allen heads.

The triple square almost never strip, and even then they do, I can usually still get enough grip to untorque it with the regular triple square head.

People are morons who will break even the most unbreakable of devices.

I'm absolutely not thinking of allen heads. Here's my socket:

The larger ones (typically 16mm) that are used for brake calipers and trans plugs, etc aren't an issue. But these 8s that hold in half shafts and poo poo are annoying as gently caress if someone else has already screwed with them, if you don't clean them properly (and they are always nasty on the half shafts) or if you don't come at them perfectly straight (also annoying on half shafts).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Some people spend $5000 for a pool, others buy asphalt.

Can't drive in a pool.

Also, 2300 square feet. Ouch.

That's just 2" of base. Came out to 35 tons. It's getting 1.5" of top in the spring.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Where are you that CDLs cost this much?

I mean, I get not having a vehicle to take it in so you pay a school, etc. But if you have a working bus that will pass a pre-trip it's like $100 in PA.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Waiting for the wife to get done shopping and watching trendy moms and dads trying to park their suburbans, armadas and 4 door pickups is amusing and sad.

Stop making fun of my wife!

(actually, she's the one on the road that is driving a Disco like it's a sports car......I can't convince her than an S4 is a better choice for her right foot).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

LR3 at the Nürburing: http://youtu.be/Csz2S6DezNw

She's not that far off.....

I want to give that drive a high five. Every turn at the limit of the tires.

Gonna show that to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

kastein posted:

Something else I've always been confused about is... how the gently caress does a PE signing off on something mean the building inspector doesn't need to see it? The PEs do their poo poo when looking at plans and stuff an architect and/or engineers put together, not when determining if the building passes inspection and is legal to inhabit.

I have never understood why this was even A Thing for groverhaus.

Because it's not A THING.

Grover's PE stunt was because he needed sealed plans to get his permits, and no PE in their right mind would sign his lovely plans.

In most jurisdictions once the plans have been sealed by a PE one only needs to follow them and get the details right per prevailing code and you will be inspected. But you've moved past the part where inadequately speced footings and load bearing drywall can be called out. You have not moved past being inspected by the local AHJ and being held to the plans as well as any other non-big-picture-structural items, and in most cases the AHJ can reject sealed plans before permitting if they are too far off from code.

• Locked thread