Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I have heard a lot of people try to explain away Fiorina's HP tenure as "not really that bad, honest!" and it's sad and hilarious. Especially since I worked at HP when she was in charge and literally everyone was like "NO WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?" to all her decisions. I've never seen a company culture gutted so thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
It's still weird to see a president that doesn't look totally terrified and confused by kids after 8 years of Bush.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Nixon was at least a very intelligent dude. Paranoid and kind of evil, sure.

The Bush kids...not so much. I mean, Jeb! is supposed to be the smart one. I'm amused how quickly he turns into a petulant child when he feels like he isn't getting his way.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Lprsti99 posted:

This is the US politics thread, they're just getting into the spirit of the topic.

Like, San Dimas is in the US, man.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Vincent D'Onofrio still has his Men in Black costume I see.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Jackson Taus posted:

No, there are 9 more Republican debates, but only 4 of them are likely to occur before the Iowa Caucuses.

No poo poo? drat. I bet the DNC keeps pushing back their own debates to let them eat each other alive.

I wonder if the pig loving is a rumor that goes around in the UK about the Oxford elites. We have tons of rumors about poo poo like the Yale Skull and Bones and the Bohemian Grove in California. Any UK goons know?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I think most people just think of "The Constitution" as being a handful of Amendments they are familiar with. Never mind that "amendment" implies there's a whole other document that's being added to.

Did the Pope just not say the word "Jesus" - I have a hard time believing he didn't mention God at all.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That hedge fund dude is basically the 80's guy from Futurama. Soon we'll here about him spending his fortune to freeze himself until a cure for boneitis is found.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The graphic is misleading as gently caress anyway, since the Cancer screening goes from like 2 million to 900k and the abortions go from 290k to 325k

I'm curious as to why there's such a big drop in the screening services. Even their own numbers show a big gap.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/6714/1996/2641/2013-2014_Annual_Report_FINAL_WEB_VERSION.pdf
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/7413/9620/1089/AR-FY13_111213_vF_rev3_ISSUU.pdf

There are copies of the 05 report floating around, but they are all on DEFUND NOW sites.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I would guess the rise in abortion services from PP has something to do with successful efforts to harass / legislate other abortion providers out of existence. PP will never get out of the abortion game so they become a provider of last / only resort and wind up performing some of the procedures other providers would have in the past. I don't have hard numbers, on my phone. I would guess Guttmacher has something on that, or will soon now that it's A Thing.

I realize it's baked in now, but I feel like offering a futile objection to the strategy of emphasizing cancer / contraception over abortion as a rhetorical strategy. It cedes the issue at the outset. The only answer to this poo poo should be gently caress you abortions a right. I can understand the appeal of making conservatives oppose cancer screening, but it cuts way too close to apologizing for being an abortion provider. "I've got you now, Planned Parenthood, I found out you perform *abortions*!" should be a real weak line of attack.

It's like every single Obama speech ever where he opens with "now don't get me wrong" and proceeds to essentially concede the core republican line of argument.

There really isn't a dramatic rise in abortion services. That was my point - it was like a 10% rise. I was wondering why screenings were down so much, but the point about the recommendation for pap tests going to 3-5 years makes sense.

Though I have to say - if you are going to go in front of these committees you should really be prepared for people to attempt to bullshit you so looking at graph axes should be high on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

fool_of_sound posted:

Got a quote on that one? Otherwise, I'm not sure I buy that the founding fathers meant 'peers' in any sense other than 'wealthy enough to take the day off, come into town, and judge people'.

And what happens once that finite group of professional, trained jurors gets corrupted or threatened?

• Locked thread