Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Effectronica posted:

Wroth as you are, your powers of English disperse, in such fashion that you twist a lament that feminism, among the noblest and most righteous causes of all human history, has fallen into so weak a state that only one feminist cares about the continuation of patriarchy through media, through the culture of the populace and of the elite, and an expression of hope that feminism will regenerate and the unjust, villainous, and infamous male-supremacist society we live in fall before its banner and be totally disintegrated, and the reign of justice come into play for the first time in human history so far as we know or can reasonably speculate- that this, you turn into an expression of blood-thirst. Well, shame on you.

http://modmad.tumblr.com/post/115047581475/prozdvoices-i-saw-this-and-i-wanted-to-hear-it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Gas thread, ban everyone.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't remember that, but aren't you the retard who got mad about some dumb poem in a video game?

The Pillars of Eternity one? Yeah.

I think bans on BadWrongFun lost all meaning around the time Rand Brittain got banned by Arivia "because I'm in a bad mood" from what I heard.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

For the dire crime of thinking Elminster is good, I hereby strip you of your rank and privileges. May goddess have mercy on your soul.

It's okay, I think Exalted is good, so stones, glass houses, etc.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

All humanity should be slowly and painfully executed in random order. It's the only fair and permanent solution to societal problems.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

BrainParasite posted:

All humanity should be slowly and painfully executed in random order. It's the only fair and permanent solution to societal problems.

Same but it should also be televised for the amusement of the ones whose numbers haven't come up yet.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

I think bans on BadWrongFun lost all meaning around the time Rand Brittain got banned by Arivia "because I'm in a bad mood" from what I heard.

Please continue to be mad that I'm removing people like you for being creepy and offensive. It's funny.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

fart

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

traf

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

drrockso20 posted:

Some people just like using the same username everywhere, I use mine for 99% of my account names for example

Same for me, at least in regards to most table-top forums. I posted my homebrew across several forums, so I didn't want folks to think I was another guy stealing ideas.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Plutonis, help me out here. I've recently seen you post in the Ask/Tell military history thread. You're clearly capable of asking questions sincerely, you want to learn more about things and people, you're plenty knowledgeable about the history of South America. And then you post here and...you...just...

...why? What do you gain from being a troll and posting "ironically" and saying mean things and just being a jerk on this particular subforum? Why not act the way you do on the military history thread on the forum as a whole? Same with all the other people who leave those one-line snipes and talk down to other posters so condescendingly. If you're capable of posting sincerely, why not just...do so?

If anything I've been more sincere than ever for months, aniki, it's just that sincerity can go both ways.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
This is a god damned irc slapfight? loving hell

*World games are real, and strong, and my friend. Step

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I find it especially interesting that, from the beginning, *World games have dismissed the legitimacy of the asexual in all its forms.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Remember when we collectively raised like a thousand dollars for charity to spite someone? That was nice.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fosborb posted:

I find it especially interesting that, from the beginning, *World games have dismissed the legitimacy of the asexual in all its forms.

same, probably.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

fosborb posted:

*World games are real, and strong, and my friend. Step

:buddy:

Plague of Hats posted:

Remember when we collectively raised like a thousand dollars for charity to spite someone? That was nice.

Which time? :v:

fake edit: yeah that was a good time.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fosborb posted:

please tell me more about your unnatural lust transfixation

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Captain Foo posted:

please tell me more about your unnatural lust transfixation

*rolls 8*

ALLOW ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT SOME COMPLEX FEELINGS.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

paradoxGentleman posted:

I agree that Salvatore's characters really are kind of Gary Stu-ish, but I don't think Martin's are. Unless you meant to say that his characters are dick bags, which is true for at least half of them.

George R.R. Martin was in reference to the aspect of the Witcher where every female character is half naked, more HBO than the books, and Geralt getting around.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Arivia posted:

Please continue to be mad that I'm removing people like you for being creepy and offensive. It's funny.

No, I mean that's literally what I was told later on. You said to him: "I'm in a bad mood and that's all the justification I need." I don't know if it's true that's why you banned him or not, but I can't really be mad if it was, it's a private channel.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

George R.R. Martin was in reference to the aspect of the Witcher where every female character is half naked, more HBO than the books, and Geralt getting around.

Sarpkowski is a hack, yeah, but I think the games' writers were able to tell good stories with the characters and the setting they were given.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Arivia posted:

quote:

PROBATION 01/30/15 02:18am Arivia Don't accuse people of being neo-Nazis because they're mad about design trends in Dungeons & Dragons! User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Ettin

Yeah. Not wound too tightly.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Captain Walker posted:

Any time is a good time to talk about Benedict "Kazuhira" McDonnell Miller and his series of increasingly elaborate secret ocean hideouts

Serf
May 5, 2011

I swear when I find the guy who keeps putting up those anime posters on my Mother Base I am gonna throw him overboard. I'll bet its Huey. Its Huey isn't it? gently caress Huey.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Serf posted:

I swear when I find the guy who keeps putting up those anime posters on my Mother Base I am gonna throw him overboard. I'll bet its Huey. Its Huey isn't it? gently caress Huey.

I can't say no to a free 500 GMP every time I come by.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Apparently if you take them down consistently enough a soldier will complain that they're expensive, who keeps doing this.

And remember that Kazuhira Miller is the japanophile on board. My money's on him being involved in producing them.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Zereth posted:

Apparently if you take them down consistently enough a soldier will complain that they're expensive, who keeps doing this.

And remember that Kazuhira Miller is the japanophile on board. My money's on him being involved in producing them.

Kaz is actually Japanese, so he gets a free pass. Dude's just celebrating his culture.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zereth posted:

I will find this man and I will remove him from Mother Base.

I'm sticking with Huey just because of Otacon. Anime begets anime. Big Boss knows this.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Bedlamdan posted:

No, I mean that's literally what I was told later on. You said to him: "I'm in a bad mood and that's all the justification I need." I don't know if it's true that's why you banned him or not, but I can't really be mad if it was, it's a private channel.

Sarpkowski is a hack, yeah, but I think the games' writers were able to tell good stories with the characters and the setting they were given.
for someone who claims to think bwf bans are meaningless you sure can't let poo poo go haha

Serf posted:

the answer will be revealed in my new thread, "[Ask] me about my Phantom Pain AU where Quiet and Ocelot's models got swapped and Ocelot really loving likes Weird Anachronistic War Criminal Idolmas"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ningyou posted:

for someone who claims to think bwf bans are meaningless you sure can't let poo poo go haha

I still burn with childlike curiosity over whether or not it's true :unsmith:

quote:

the answer will be revealed in my new thread, "[Ask] me about my Phantom Pain AU where Quiet and Ocelot's models got swapped and Ocelot really loving likes Weird Anachronistic War Criminal Idolmas"

swapping ocelot with D-Dog is funnier.

Swapping D-Dog with Quiet is terrifying

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

look at this fuckin bad opinion haver

quiet moving and acting like d-dog and soaking up War Criminal Solidarity Tummyrubs or w/e and occasionally pulling an electric knife out of her bikini top to shank ppl but in a cuddly nonlethal way is basically ~MY FURSONA~ and also amazing

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ningyou posted:

quiet moving and acting like d-dog and soaking up War Criminal Solidarity Tummyrubs or w/e and occasionally pulling an electric knife out of her bikini top to shank ppl but in a cuddly nonlethal way is basically ~MY FURSONA~ and also amazing

Yeah, nothing hosed up about treating women like animals.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ningyou posted:

I just meant having a doggy do sexy poses at you is traumatizing D:

D-Dog I raised you better than this. I'm your puppy-daddy and you are grounded young hound :(

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Effectronica posted:

idk i wouldn't really argue with getting treats and walks and pettings and a comfy doggy bed shaped like mother base and a little d-walker chew toy that i sniff at once and then ignore forever because so dulllllllllllllllll

for some reason i can't bring myself to care about using or upgrading d-walker when i have cute murderpuppy and cool+slightly embarrassing gal pal

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Bedlamdan posted:

D-Dog I raised you better than this. I'm your puppy-daddy and you are grounded young hound :(

nnnnnnnnnnnnnope

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ningyou posted:

idk i wouldn't really argue with getting treats and walks and pettings and a comfy doggy bed shaped like mother base and a little d-walker chew toy that i sniff at once and then ignore forever because so dulllllllllllllllll

for some reason i can't bring myself to care about using or upgrading d-walker when i have cute murderpuppy and cool+slightly embarrassing gal pal

The problem with D-Walker is that you have no bond with it, and it was built by Huey "Judas Iscariot" Emmerich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Effectronica posted:

otoh pet play is extremely the poo poo

• Locked thread