Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

graybook posted:

Depends on how many Star Jewels you can accrue, probably through song rewards, since you're aiming for 2500 for the 10-draw if I'm not mistaken.
Just a warning that the guaranteed SR for the 10 card draw ends next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
If you make a card into its + form you get a special communication that also gives starbits.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
That series has the stupidest name ever.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

beaner69 posted:

Chloe is the best girl in gf beta cuz her accent was pretty cool and I don't know any french people and I definitely don't know any french people that speak japanese.
Is the girl from the (^q^)くおえうえーーーるえうおおおwww meme?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Buy those lockers (all three of them) and upgrade them asap. They print out those items you use to upgrade idols in to their + form.

Also, does anyone else only play in 2d-no effects mode? My phone isn't that good so it lags in 3D mode and it's distracting anyways.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Sep 11, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The invite campaign is an easy way to get 250 star jewels for CGSS: http://ss.idolmaster.jp/campaign_top/
You get 250 star jewels and the person who invited you gets 50 (to a max of 250 for 5 invites).

Just input your ID (on your profile page in game) and the ID of someone else.

Here's my ID if you want to use it but I'll probably remove it if I hit the limit so you can help someone else:
Edit: I've hit the limit. Use the ID in the post below.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 13, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I wonder if they're going to keep the guaranteed SR for the 10 draw or discount it since there's no benefit otherwise.

Hopefully they'll give some benefit since I rerolled and got a SSR Mio so I won't be able to get that 2500 star jewels before the campaign ends this week.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It also tries to connect to your google+ account but pressing no let me through without any problems.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The above also applies to CGSS except linking your account is good forever, I think.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I've done two 10 card draws so far which has given me a total of 3 SRs...
What makes it worse is that all 3 SRs are Miria. Why?????

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

graybook posted:

Zigzag sliders, ugh.
The trick for those is to lift your finger off before each change in direction.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Wait, Love Live is retiring their original cast? That seems kind of weird considering the idolm@ster original cast is still active after 10 years now and is only now showing signs of probable retirement.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Normal idols are level of fodder and you will be getting tons of multiples of them. You basically want to get rid of normals from your units asap and replace them with Rares and better which you feed with your normal idols.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

pandaK posted:

e: is there a point to keeping the three initial girls you get at the beginning? Unless they end up becoming pretty good idols, I don't really care much about them besides Rin.
Yes because they're "rare" ranked cards and unless you're dumping a lot of money in to the game you won't have enough "rare" ranked and above cards to make 3 full teams of each type at the start.

Also for awakening, cards will always just become "[the original card]+" and will never turn into a different card. This means normals will always stay normal, rares will always stay rare, and super rares will always stay super rares no matter what.

By the way, girls will have multiple different cards and they are treated as separate entities. You can make up an entire team of the same girl as long as you use different cards with no doubles (ie: normal card + rare card + SR card + SR card with different name + SSR card).

Zettace fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 30, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Anzu no Uta on master at 1 speed is the most hilarious thing.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

pandaK posted:

Does speed apply a score multiplier or something? What's the benefit of boosting it up?
No matter the speed, the rhythm the notes have to hit at doesn't change. The speed is basically the speed it takes for a note to travel from the top of the screen to the bottom.

High speeds are more preferable for most people because it means less notes on screen at one time. This leads to less confusion and lets your reflexes and muscle memory do the work.

At slower speeds the notes linger on screen for a while and build up leading to scenes like this:

Zettace fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 3, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I believe by law the single draw rate has the have the same percentage as the multi-draw rate (in that the multi-draw has to be just the single draw done multiple times) after the Japanese government cracked down on Mobages a couple of years ago.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Those auto teams they suggest for the medley are pretty terrible. I've been way more successful with my own teams.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The point gain for this event is so loving slow too. Playing casually for the token event is enough to get 10,000 points but I'm barely reaching 4000 right now and the event ends in 2 days.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Did a 10 draw in Starlight Stage and got 2 SSRs and 3 SRs. Wow!

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

pandaK posted:

that's shine for japanese word for die, not shine as in the hit idolmaster cinderella girls album single, "Shine", because i want you to die

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Here's hoping they implemented trading in Starlight Stage. I currently have 4 SSRs (Mio, Kirari, Kanako, Rin) that I don't really care for and would much rather have Uzuki, Miku, or Anzu.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, the original Cinderella Girls mobage has trading which works pretty well. The thing is, stamina drinks became a form of currency in that game and most cards are traded for stamina drinks. With the stamina drink limit in Starlight Stage it'll only allow idol for idol trading which isn't that bad in my mind.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 28, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Zettace posted:

Did a 10 draw in Starlight Stage and got 2 SSRs and 3 SRs. Wow!

Hey, another SSR I don't really care about but 3 SSRs and 6 SRs in the last two 10 draws :v:

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

book posted:

Now that the event's done, I can finally use stam to practice songs on Pro. I can manage my way through lvl 15 songs, though not well. Decided to try Let's Go Happy on Pro since "how bad could it be? 16 is only one more than 15" and promptly got smashed.
Stars mean nothing. I can clear a good chunk of master songs but We Are the Friends, which has a relatively low star ranking is still unbeatable for me.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

book posted:

Is it common to get SRs to drop from the caravan event? I've already received 4 SRs just from playing songs.

Edit: 10-pulled and only got fatty SR..
The non-rare caravan SR drops quite often. It's the main event SR that's a huge main in the rear end to get.

Kanako is cute from the virtue of not being a stick but is very dull personality wise (probably made worse since I can only hear her voice as Kyoko from Yuruyuri who has a very fun personality). I only kind of like her due to idol Stockholm syndrome from owning her Halloween card.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's probably so you can have both versions of the cards. The + one and the non + one.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So you can make a super team of only your waifu. Also, some people like collecting cards.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
How are you supposed to choose a name when you have no idea who these characters are.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Polsy posted:

I'm already regretting following that gimmick guy on nico nico douga, someone needs to tell him you can stream for more than 30 minutes at a time. Unless maybe that's some kind of premium feature.

Niconico makes you jump through hoops to do broadcasts longer than 30 minutes. You have to reserve a time slot beforehand and you have to pay points every 30 minutes up to the max of 6 hours. If you forget to extend at the 30 minute mark you lose your slot and have to make a new reservation and time slots are limited depending on the time.

Points are either obtained through through real money or from viewers. Viewers can advertise your broadcast with real money or through the one free advertising ticket Premium users get per month. After a certain amount of advertising points, the broadcaster gets some points which they can use to extend broadcasts. This however means that unless they are a popular broadcast with many regular viewers, they can't extend their broadcasts for long periods of time without paying money out of their pocket.

Also, I think you have to be a Premium user to broadcast in the first place.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Please recommend an iM@S song that is like Aoi Tori or Nation Blue. A song with a blue feel.
You might like Nemurihime and Yakusoku.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Mitsuboshi is my go to song for clearing on master. It's a fast song but it's also a really simple song so it's easier than most master songs in my opinion. I can regularly get an A rank and an occasional S rank while I have trouble even surviving most master songs.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
That's because the difficulty zigzags through different songs rather then increasing linearly. There are easy master songs and difficult master songs. This means the jump from Pro to master can be huge or be only a small jump in difficulty depending on the song.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Upped the speed to 7, got only 1 bad.

At this rate I think jumping to 10 will guarantee me a Perfect FC????
Between 8-9 seems to be the sweet spot for most people playing on phones. If you're on a larger phone or tablet then you can go a little higher.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

They probably should have changed her hairstyle so that the crown wasn't just plopped over her ribbon.

tiny hats are awful
If you remove Haruka from her ribbons then you're left with nothing.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

On a vaguely related note, do the idolmaster girls change their hairstyles much? The Love Lives do it fairly often, and it is very good.
For the main cast it's pretty much only when they get new character designs (first vision to second and now to third).

Zettace fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 29, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
iirc, no.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
As a warning: the Idolm@ster movie is dull as hell except for that concert at the end, holy hell was that good. The best anime idol concert hands down.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
To be fair, I haven't watched the Love Live movie but if it uses jarring CG like the anime series then it already loses a ton of points there.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Why do both Rin and Miku hate fish?????

Aren't they cats????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Skwee posted:

i didn't even notice minami at first. that lacrosse stick/ her being a normal card threw me off. But after hearing her image song during the event it gave me some interest in her (cuz it is fun to play), and then i saw her cards. i mean idk if she is actually yandere, but she looks like it.

thirst

just looking at all of her cards on this wiki, she is looking at someone, and that someone is you. those eyes aren't happy or sad or excited, they are just looking at you.

I only remember Minami because someone on niconico took her audio skit from her cds and replaced all the "La" in Lacrosse with "Se" so you ended up with all references to ラクロス being replaced with セクロス. It was pretty funny.