Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Do you and Starcraft have some kind of suicide pact?

Which one will pen the LOST SEASON 3-D meltdown post if the Patriots lose the season opener? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
It's very typical of abusers to try and warp the brains of their victims so they can cook up some justification for having the poor saps stay with them. We are seeing this in this thread today. Pats fans: Belichick does not care about you. He would use you and discard you like tissue paper. He's evil, vindictive and morally bankrupt. Leave him to rot with his ill-gotten riches and find some team that will appreciate you. There are dozens!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Stealing signals has never been against the rules though? Where you can try and steal them from is, and was clarified in the 2006 memo. So?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Show hands: how many tff posters think this story would be breaking right now if Tom Brady, Esq had just eaten his suspension like Ben did in 2010?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stealing signals has never been against the rules though? Where you can try and steal them from is, and was clarified in the 2006 memo. So?

lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Show hands: how many tff posters think this story would be breaking right now if Tom Brady, Esq had just eaten his suspension like Ben did in 2010?

The whole suspension or just the tip?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Do you and Starcraft have some kind of murder suicide pact?

I can't loving stand Starcraft, there's a reason he managed to get forced out of GBS for being so awful. I mean, he's too awful of a poster for GBS. Just think about that for a second.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stealing play sheets out of locker rooms and sending low level employees in NFL Films shirts or home team fan gear to tape practices with hand cams is sketchy as gently caress no matter how uou rationalize it, d00d

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Stealing play sheets out of locker rooms and sending low level employees in NFL Films shirts or home team fan gear to tape practices with hand cams is sketchy as gently caress no matter how uou rationalize it, d00d

Stealing play sheets would be quite a damning thing, but where exactly is there any evidence that it ever occurred besides the paranoid suspicions of unnamed sources?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stealing play sheets would be quite a damning thing, but where exactly is there any evidence that it ever occurred besides the paranoid suspicions of unnamed sources?

lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

warm Gatorade/water is actually better for athletes because it minimizes cramping compared to colder alternatives :science:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Why does Belichick still hate the Jets so much? Is Woody Johnson that awful?
It's ultimately rooted in Belichick getting into a pissing match with Parcells about how much control he'd have in New York.

Lots of turf war stuff since then but when the major poo poo went down, the Hess estate hadn't even sold the team to Woody yet. Ironically Mike Tannenbaum played as much a part in the feud as anyone when he had the Pats give up a 1st for Belichick and writing the Curtis Martin poison pill contract.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 8, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i am actually curious if there is a rule that bans stealing play sheets

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ozu posted:

It's ultimately rooted in Belichick getting into a pissing match with Parcells about how much control he'd have in New York.

Lots of turf war stuff since then but when the major poo poo went down, the Hess estate hadn't even sold the team to Woody yet.

Border War poo poo.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

warm Gatorade/water is actually better for athletes because it minimizes cramping compared to colder alternatives :science:

Why the hell is everyone bitching about stuff like this while not treating the Pats the same way is what I want to know

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

evilweasel posted:

i am actually curious if there is a rule that bans stealing play sheets

If so Shimrra would admit he did it but then backpeddle to saying its not against the rules

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lots of bad blood between the organizations as well from Parcells leaving for the Jets poo poo after the Pats reigned him in for going after dudes like Christian Peters.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

It's very typical of abusers to try and warp the brains of their victims so they can cook up some justification for having the poor saps stay with them. We are seeing this in this thread today. Pats fans: Belichick does not care about you. He would use you and discard you like tissue paper. He's evil, vindictive and morally bankrupt. Leave him to rot with his ill-gotten riches and find some team that will appreciate you. There are dozens!

We aren't the victims, the 31 30 other teams in the league are

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wish Mike Tomlin could pull this poo poo

Instead he is just walking on the field like a putz

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If so Shimrra would admit he did it but then backpeddle to saying its not against the rules

What are you talking about? If its against the rules to steal a playsheet (which I would bet it is in some way, whether directly or indirectly) then its cheating plain and simple. I wouldn't defend it. I just ask for some type of evidence that it was ever actually done.

Taping signals: Not against the rules
Stealing playbooks: Almost surely against the rules in many ways
Interfering with wireless communication: Definitely against the rules and probably FCC regulations

If the latter two happened then thats pretty bad. But we've been hearing it for literally close to a decade and nothing has ever come out about it.

It's not that hard.

and yeah yeah yeah

lol

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 8, 2015

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rogue Elephant posted:

Why the hell is everyone bitching about stuff like this while not treating the Pats the same way is what I want to know

Because they're weak.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are you talking about? If its against the rules to steal a playsheet (which I would bet it is in some way, whether directly or indirectly) then its cheating plain and simple. I wouldn't defend it. I just ask for some type of evidence that it was ever actually done.

It's not that hard.

and yeah yeah yeah

lol

lol

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014
This kind of stuff bothers me. The NCAA sucks nearly as badly or maybe worse, but at least they have the power to deal with it.

I don't care if all teams do it. Entire season's wins should be vacated for blatant cheating. No rule in the book for it one year? Make one with a decisive punishment the next. Perhaps organizations need multiple season integrity audits or something. The whole drat thing is corrupt from the top down; the NFL is a farce, and it frankly makes me want to stop watching. This type of poo poo hurts everyone - whether your team benefited from it, or not. Who wants to watch dirty games all the time? It removes the competitive spirit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

WobblySausage posted:

This kind of stuff bothers me. The NCAA sucks nearly as badly or maybe worse, but at least they have the power to deal with it.

I don't care if all teams do it. Entire season's wins should be vacated for blatant cheating. No rule in the book for it one year? Make one with a decisive punishment the next. Perhaps organizations need yearly integrity audits or something. The whole drat thing is corrupt from the top down; the NFL is a farce, and it frankly makes me want to stop watching. This type of poo poo hurts everyone - whether your team benefited from it, or not. Who wants to watch dirty games all the time? It removes the competitive spirit.

Competitive spirit? Man you're watching the wroooong sport.

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Competitive spirit? Man you're watching the wroooong sport.

I'd argue that if you think otherwise, then you're the one watching the wrong sport. Shoot man football at its core is one of the greatest sports on Earth.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Among the bombshells discussed in the article is that the "tape library" include footage of up to 40 games, not the 8 Goodell claimed, as well as hand drawn formation sketches of specific defensive calls, particularly one that lead directly to a 60 td from Brady to Deion Branch in the 2004 AFCCG

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bill Simmons' meltdown on Twitter was pretty good. "WE KICKED YOUR rear end SO CONGRATS ABOUT FINDING OUT ABOUT US CHEATING, LOOSAH"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh so now arts and crafts are against the rules? Come on you quee-ah

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Leave it to the jocks to whine when someone gains an advantage via homework

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Among the bombshells discussed in the article is that the "tape library" include footage of up to 40 games, not the 8 Goodell claimed, as well as hand drawn formation sketches of specific defensive calls, particularly one that lead directly to a 60 td from Brady to Deion Branch in the 2004 AFCCG

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But that's not a bombshell, or even anything new?

The Patriots played the Steelers in the regular season.

After getting their asses kicked they studied the film like every single team in the sport does after every single game. They also studied their own taping that they did focusing on the defensive signals that the Steelers used.

Cue the AFCCG and the Patriots immediately notice that hey, the Steelers are literally doing the exact same things they did in the previous game. So they chaos dunk on them because why not? Should they pretend that they don't recognize what the Steelers defense is doing?

This literally isn't cheating. Its not even bending the rules.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Interfering with wireless communication: Definitely against the rules and probably FCC regulations

If the latter two happened then thats pretty bad. But we've been hearing it for literally close to a decade and nothing has ever come out about it.

It's not that hard.

and yeah yeah yeah

lol

I'm confused as to why you're being kind of dismissive about the new allegations. You're saying, "If we did that, that would be pretty bad" and I feel like the implication that follows your statement is something like, "...but there is no evidence to suggest that it's anything but rumors"

But the source for the article was "several former Patriots coaches/employees"

If the article said, "Some teams around the league think the Patriots may have blah blah blah" then that's one thing. But these are former Patriots people who are saying the team did this shady stuff.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I'm confused as to why you're being kind of dismissive about the new allegations. You're saying, "If we did that, that would be pretty bad" and I feel like the implication that follows your statement is something like, "...but there is no evidence to suggest that it's anything but rumors"

But the source for the article was "several former Patriots coaches/employees"

If the article said, "Some teams around the league think the Patriots may have blah blah blah" then that's one thing. But these are former Patriots people who are saying the team did this shady stuff.

Unnamed sources are a complete toss up at best. Just look at the Mort report that said conclusively that 11/12 balls were deflated by at least 2.0 PSI per league sources. And then 4 months later the league gives the correct numbers and they turn out to be completely different.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

After getting their asses kicked they studied the film like every single team in the sport does after every single game. They also studied their own taping that they did focusing on the defensive signals that the Steelers used.

Cue the AFCCG and the Patriots immediately notice that hey, the Steelers are literally doing the exact same things they did in the previous game. So they chaos dunk on them because why not? Should they pretend that they don't recognize what the Steelers defense is doing?

Well, my dude, it's one thing to witness it first hand and be suspicious forever, and entirely another to have it confirmed by former Patriots employees lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

l

o

l

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Fateo McMurray posted:

Leave it to the jocks to whine when someone gains an advantage via homework

:lol:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Well, my dude, it's one thing to witness it first hand and be suspicious forever, and entirely another to have it confirmed by former Patriots employees lol

By former Patriots employees who remain nameless and off the record. Who knows what their role in the team was if any. "per sources" is the journalistic partner of "im just asking questions"

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"per sources" is the journalistic partner of "im just asking questions"

Can confirm

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

By former Patriots employees who remain nameless and off the record. Who knows what their role in the team was if any. "per sources" is the journalistic partner of "im just asking questions"

By that logic Watergate wasn't a thing

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Um, no it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

"Why doesn't this former coach give his name when ratting on his dishonest employer?" - Literally Shimrra right now

• Locked thread