Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are you talking about? If its against the rules to steal a playsheet (which I would bet it is in some way, whether directly or indirectly) then its cheating plain and simple. I wouldn't defend it. I just ask for some type of evidence that it was ever actually done.

Taping signals: Not against the rules
Stealing playbooks: Almost surely against the rules in many ways
Interfering with wireless communication: Definitely against the rules and probably FCC regulations

If the latter two happened then thats pretty bad. But we've been hearing it for literally close to a decade and nothing has ever come out about it.

It's not that hard.

and yeah yeah yeah

lol

I'm confused as to why you're being kind of dismissive about the new allegations. You're saying, "If we did that, that would be pretty bad" and I feel like the implication that follows your statement is something like, "...but there is no evidence to suggest that it's anything but rumors"

But the source for the article was "several former Patriots coaches/employees"

If the article said, "Some teams around the league think the Patriots may have blah blah blah" then that's one thing. But these are former Patriots people who are saying the team did this shady stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Schefter has a good personal track record. I consider a good track record being information from unnamed sources that later come out with evidence that there is truth to it. When Schefter says that some "source close to such and such a player" says that he is signing with X team and then he does, well that pretty conclusively ends that.

Outside The Lines also has a good track record.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Burger Trench posted:

Don Van Natta Jr. (born July 22, 1964) is an American journalist and writer. He is an investigative reporter for ESPN, which he joined in January 2012. He previously worked for 16 years as an investigative correspondent at The New York Times, where he was a member of two Pulitzer Prize-winning teams.

Ozu posted:

lol Van Natta has won multiple Pulitzer's.

gonna need a source of these claims

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

guys every time I bring up any of this stuff to my coworker he just replies with a fallout boy song called "I don't care" lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel like I've asked you this before but what line of work are you in and would it be conceivable for your coworker to end up badly mauled in an industrial 'accident' involving heavy machinery?

just remember that pats fan coworker is now two people

I worked with one of them for almost 5 years while doing support on business phone systems and networks

now I've worked with this new one for almost a year and a half at a place that does criminal justice software (mugshot and electronic fingerprinting, facial recognition, crimescene software, etc)

the only dangerous situations here are when you go on site and are exposed to violent criminals i guess

Pron on VHS posted:

How does he reply with a song....does he sing it himself, or just play it every time?

like when I emailed him the article he replied with a youtube link

then I sent him the thing about Brady liking Trump and he did it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

loquacius posted:

Note, Brady said Trump was a "great friend," he didn't say he'd vote for him

he has a "make america great again" hat in his locker

• Locked thread