Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really just want Space Marine with dedicated servers please. Or 40k in the frostbite 2 engine or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Hope is the substance of empty wallets.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

Hi friends

Hi :tipshat:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

bitcoin profits

I chuckled quite heartily at this.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Progression systems do indeed ruin everything. If you want to grind levels n poo poo go play a MMO :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If they manage to make this a larger scale Space Marine game I will be very happy. The new video definitely shows some progress and hope :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

I self-identify as a malfunctioning bolt pistol.

I am Stanley Pain's Burning Autism

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this worth throwing money @ yet? Is the combat janky? Are jet pack dudes still broken? Is there actually a game to play?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
hahahahAHHAhahah holy poo poo is this game bad.

Janky as gently caress, the netcode is a solid piece of poo poo, warping everywhere, etc, etc. Thank god for steam refunds. Seriously, peer 2 peer Space Marine was less janky hosted on a 56k modem.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I guess you're playing a different game than, because there's no way else to describe the netcode but JANK CITY. Hopefully once they iron that out (they probably won't) it'll be in a bit of a better state. Like the game just stops rendering people if they're moving too fast which can result in some hilarious things happening.

If you're sitting on the fence on getting this, don't. Wait at least 6 months to see if it gets better. Or you can try your hand at the Steam refund option if you want to test it out yourself. I was hoping it would've been at least as bad as Space Marine MP but godman it's somehow worse in a lot of aspects.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You're just more used to the Jankiness is all. I see it on people's streams too. It's really apparent on fast moving things

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

Is the Power Fist the only melee weapon that can damage vehicles? I was hitting one with a Power Axe last night and at one point it looked like I got it to do insane damage (like 3/4 of the rhino's health in one hit), and then couldn't get any more blows to do damage.

I think the power fist was the most fun I had when I uppercut a Rhino and it flipped on its side.

Orv posted:

No? I haven't seen any sort of overt teleporting or warping at all. There is definitely some jank with regards to player collision and the plasma weapons especially don't obey, well, any rules known to man.

I find that hard to believe or yesterday happened to be a really bad day for the servers.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WickedHate posted:

Might buy this soon. Someone convince me and someone talk me out of it.

Do what I did. Buy it. Play it for an hour or so, laugh at how terrible it is and get a refund. Or you might like it and keep it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BadLlama posted:

I'd have a much better time if their servers were more stable but everything is all janky and laggy most the time.

They somehow managed to make their netcode work worse than the poo poo show that was Space Marine MP. I really do hope they can iron out all the jank because having a new Space Marine MP game would be pretty loving great.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
EYE was a crazy acid trip of an FPS.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

They're on the test server now, super unfinished. Still don't know if this game'll make it.

I think we've know this for some time now. Pretty sure the devs will eventually abandon it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hate to burst some of your bubbles, but the game is no where NEAR any kind of release quality. While some of the players in this game are the worst of the worst neckbeards they almost pale in comparison to how bad the net code, game performance and balance is in the game. It's laughably bad. When you pine for the poo poo show lag fest multiplayer that was Space Marine you know something is wrong.

I really do hope they can make some magic happen though because 40 player Space Marine is exactly what I want.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

I don't think you're bursting any bubbles there.

Just my own :shobon: Really hoped they would make a decent Space Marine clone :(

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys, relax, it's still just in "Alpha". Everything will be fine. :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

The UAT test ran at 45+ FPS for me on second highest settings when I've barely been clearing 25+ at minimum for the last several patches, so that's good at least.

From what I've seen of other UE4 games, when it's running in debug/dev mode it chugs really badly. Once it gets optimized it runs really well. Battlefleet Gothic Armada was like this as well

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think the majority of people here have played EYE and know that Deathwing is being made by the same people. This makes us cautiously optimistic about it. :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fat Samurai posted:

Warhammer IP, Cyanide as a developer.

FAKE EDIT: Uh, I could have sworn that I'd seen Cyanide as a developer for Deathwing but Steam doesn't mention it. Carry on then. Moving my opinion to cautiously optimistic.

REAL EDIT: From Wikipedia, it seems.

Welcome, brother.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So this is......kinda fun now.

Less janky but still a bit janky for my liking. Got used to the bolter over the course of few matches and I like it. Melee is still all kinds of warpy bullshit where one lagging assault can kill 5 dudes trying to hit him because the server has no loving idea where he actually is.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Buschmaki posted:

The melee system is hard to learn but if you do it's very rewarding.

Please teach me because it's not intuitive as gently caress.

So I played a bit of Chaos, SM, Ork and Eldar over the course of 4 hours (lol no refund). Like I mentioned before the jank is still pretty lovely at times (hitting someone from behind only to have them "1 shot you" , trying to hit people in a melee cluster gently caress, etc) but a whole LOT less than it was before. The UI while not the greatest thing in the world is also a lot better now.

The other thing is that Eldar are straight up OP across the board. Smaller hit boxes, fast movement, faster firing weapons, better melee feel, blah blah blah. Probably going to play them until they get hit with a nerf stick because it makes everything else unfun to play with. The smaller hit box is kinda hilarious. The amount of times I've stood out in the open laying down fire with people unable to hit me because the bullet spread was wider than my character is pretty funny.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man once the melee system clicks (AND YOU LEARN ABOUT THE MELEE loving LOCKON BUTTON) it's pretty drat sweet.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

The biggest crime EC commits is that it explains NOTHING unless you spend half an hour in the garrison reading text boxes, which is a terrible way to do it.

A 4 stamina banshee is a lot of fun to play.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Count Bleck posted:

Lootas have incredibly loud guns.

Like, everything else can be turned down and it's just still incredibly loud.

When playing as Orkz your sound settings should only have 1 setting:

Roight Proppa' and it's always set to 11 :black101:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's more like they managed to actually get some poo poo done with a publisher breathing down their back. It's still a fairly broken game, but it's playable and enjoyable.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LumberingTroll posted:

Rolled Eldar to see how they are compared to LSM, loving hell are they easy, bonus points tell the team that Eldar Need a nerf after the match, especially when you top the scoreboard and watch them lose their minds.

I told you man. They really are broken. The most egregious problems are a trifecta of poo poo. Small hitboxes, fast movement, highly accurate weapons with a high ROF.

I used to think their melee was OP but it's not because it caps out at tier 2. Tier 3 and 4 weapons completely annihilate them.

LumberingTroll posted:

I guess maybe they are, was told by another goon that they are double

That's what I get for listening to other goons :p

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone else notice that when you slap on a scope onto a bolter it magically fires faster or is it just me?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

When you zoom or just in general?

Zoomed in.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

So this is probably the age old "How the gently caress do you even do that" problem of; because you're rendering less when zoomed in your FPS is higher so your RoF is higher, because it's tied to your FPS. Which they fixed. Three months ago. Wooooooooooo :suicide:

I'm going to test this tonight. Unmodded ADS/NOADS + Modded ADS/NOADS

Also laughing at devs still tying things to FPS in TYOL 2016.

Also for those of you having trouble against Eldar melee just get anything Tier 3 or higher and left click to win. You'll break their weapons and then them. Eldar peak really early power progression wise vs. LSM peaking much later after unlocking a bunch of poo poo for your weapons. I got a power axe and I went from eating poo poo against Eldar to being able to clear a room. Added in some +weapon stamina recovery and it's hilarious. Spam LMB , weapon gets low, dodge roll once repeat.

edit:
ALSO ALSO ALSO :derp: :suicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wait what does stamina determine other than rolling?

I think it's just that..

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Is it just me or is abadons grace, the chaos named autocannon, loving bananas

Huge rear end projectile which I'm pretty sure hits in a tiny AOE making headshots really easy even at extreme range coupled with the fact that it sets things on fire as well. Nah, it's totally fine. You can also shoot vehicles with it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When you look at melee damage numbers what do they actually mean?

Fast xxx/yyy ??

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stanley Pain posted:

When you look at melee damage numbers what do they actually mean?

Fast xxx/yyy ??

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hard posted:

They know more than anyone the state of their game right now and giving us insight on what can we expect in terms of fixes would be nice.

With how tone deaf their latest post about the game was I highly doubt it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

This game is the definition of janky and unbalanced but I can't stop playing it. It's just so fun killing try hard Space Marines as an Ork.

I keep buying the 1000 credit loot boxes trying to get all the items but I should probably save and just buy a better melee weapon then the basic Choppa. Whats a good melee upgrade for Orks?

Pretty sure you get an Choppa Axe in the 1000 loot boxes. It's really good and buggy. Buggy in that you don't take weapon stamina damage half the time.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

Holy poo poo the Eldar are loving broken.

I thought this too, but now I'm under the impression they just peak early and get outclassed now that people have unlocked things for other races.

The exploits with the grav tanks have go to go though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotten every race to rank 4 now. I can honestly say that Eldar aren't the mega OP thing.

lite_sleepr posted:

No, they're broke. They can ADAD spam and it's like they're sprinting. Their weapons also fire way faster than anything else, couple that with ADAD spam and you simply can't go 1v1.

And holy poo poo plasma. Nothing is more fun than being one poo poo killed from across the map.

The stun locking is :eyepop:

This isn't PS2 so ADAD spam doesn't actually accomplish anything.

Chomp8645 posted:

I really hate to break this to you but you may have bought a bad game...

• Locked thread