Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I would be in favor of modifying league rules to closer match what is in place with ESPN coding. It will make things simpler. That'd be two changes if I've been reading these last few posts right:
1) players may not be picked up directly to IR
2) players may be placed on IR if ESPN allows it (I think but would have to experiment this includes "O" and "SSPD") but must be removed if no longer eligible.

As far as post draft team analysis, I'm fairly happy with my roster, but a bit heavy on the young guys that should be better next year than this year. I think my defense is good enough to make up for some of the short comings though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

ESPN does not allow you to put SSPD players on the IR. Only O and designated IR players can go there which is how it should (and does) work in my opinion.

I'd be cool with just updating our rules to say "Need a free slot to pick up any player" since that's how ESPN is coded.

You're right. Sorry, confused it with CBS. Your wording is simpler, I like it!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
So happy to escape with a win this week, but this 110 points stuff ain't gonna fly, gotta find points somewhere!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Yes and yes

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sure he does. Thing is, this is dynasty. Maybe that guy will be the best RB in the NFL by 2017, who knows???

He got Charmander, not Gurley, c'mon now.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Well that was a close one. Please no stat corrections.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Tackle scoring might be a little high. I think maybe for next year consider going to 1 point per solo tackle and .5 for Assist? Maybe look at the big play bonuses too? INT, FR, Safety, etc.

Edit: Then again, we all had the same rules and might mess with keepers and strategy if too much change is done, so maybe just leave it and realize IDP's score high in this league (but are really erratic due to high points for big plays) and adjust our strategies accordingly.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

IDP scoring is worth a look in the offseason. I'm pretty okay with defensive players being worth more than the flex - there are four core offensive players after all. But the variance on IDP is pretty noticeable. Or maybe I just don't really "get" IDP yet.

No, I think you're right. 6 points for an interception, safety, blocked kick or as many as 7 for recovering a fumble (if they happened to force it) are very high and add a lot of variance vs things that happen more consistently.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

loving Mosely has 7 points already

There's a CJ?K touchdown for ya. Personally I hope he scores about 50 for you tonight. Not gonna root against my team for fantasy purposes.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Nice win bro. Yeah, lots of close scores!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

I have like 7 WRs and absolutely zero decent RBs so if anyone is looking for a WR feel free to shoot me an offer since I can afford to get rid of a few

For reference here are my WRs

John Brown
Marvin Jones
ODB
TY Hilton
Jarvis Landry
Allen Hurns
Kendall Wright

I'd love to help you out, but really only one I can part with is Ryan Mathews, if that helps at all shoot me an offer

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Oh hey, stat correction in my favor this time! (I'm still playing for next year, but a win is a win, kind of)

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Two wins in a row is struggling bro? But yeah I'm gonna get killed this week.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Man, AP and Gurley failing big time when I really needed them. That ain't right.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
No, not a secret, but Hightower is really bad.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Part of the fun of dynasty leagues is rivalries within the league that build up over time, so I vote don't change divisions.

As far as next years draft/FA's etc. I still champion the idea that draft picks should be rookie only and just a few rounds (2 or 3) while FA's should be an auction (after rookie draft to fill rosters) That can definitely be done, especially if as others suggested when vote to change sites.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I'm planning on being back, and have no objections to the extra cost.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Everyone please review the current league rules if you like and then vote:

The rules say the rookie/free agent draft should be non-snake the first two rounds, and then snake on round 3+. We traded draft picks on that basis, too. But, I still don't know if MFL actually supports that - which means probably it'll need to be a manual draft. Which I'm OK with. So would you rather:
1.a Manually draft, following the rules as stated
1.b Use MFL's draft software, but switch to 100% snake or 100% assigned draft order
?
(See rules 7.2, 7.8)

Assigned draft order would be my vote. I'm not a fan of snake drafts in this setting. It's closer to real world that way too.

2. Are you OK with the current salary assignments for players drafted in the rookie/free agent draft?
(See rule 7.3)

Yeah

3. Should we go ahead and have taxi squads?
(See rules 7.4, 7.5, 8.2.2, 8.4.1, and especially rule 9)

I don't like taxi squads. If you want someone they should be on your main roster, just like the real thing, if you don't want them on main roster they should be a free agent for others to pick up if they're valued. Our rosters are already huge.

4. If we have taxi squads, should we create rules for stealing players off of other team's taxi squads?
(See rule 9.5). Basically the way this works is, you can grab a player off another team's taxi squad if you promote them to your regular bench, but they can prevent it by promoting that player to their own bench. If you use this rule, you also need to revise rule 9.1 to say that rookies on a bench can't be moved back to a taxi squad.)

Absolutely.

5. If we have taxi squads, how many slots should they have?

The fewer the better.

6. Should we change the fees and prize payouts of the league this year? It's currently $25 dues, with prize payouts to first, second, and third places, plus the winner of the consolation bracket.
(See rule 2)

Increase to cover league hosting fees would be fine.

7. Are you OK with the current scoring?
(See rule 5)

I agree with poster that said lower tackles to 1.25 from 1.5

8. When should we unlock rosters, permitting players to be dropped? Note that all dropped players become eligible for the free agent/rookie draft.

I think more important is making a date prior to draft that rosters be locked again until draft day. To create a period where owners can look over entire pool of available players.

9. When should we do the rookie/free agent draft? Please list several dates/times that you would be available, and any specific dates/times you are definitely not available. Please include your time zone.

Until Sept I'm good for:
M-F after 8 pm Pacific Time, weekend evenings after 6 pm Pacific time. After Sept 1st my work schedule will shift dates and I don't know what it will be yet.

10. How long should we wait to see if Kazak_Hstan is still alive before we replace him?
I neglected to write rules for what to do if an owner disappears.

I'd say after week two of preseason, or a week before draft. Whichever comes first.

11. Do you want to reorganize the three divisions? If so, what scheme do you propose?
(See rule 3.4.3)

I think it's fine.

12. Any other league rules or procedures you want to change?

edit: actually, I'd like to propose we change the rule that owners don't have to fill roster spots with "owners must fill all roster spots"

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 6, 2016

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Did rosters lock again? Was going to drop some more dudes but says it can't.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Apparently it's a problem with the app. Still won't do it there, but will on the website. Weird. I know it's super flexible but the app and website don't always get along (one of my other leagues uses it too)

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm back from vacation!

I've just sent final emails and PMs to Gyshall and kazak_Hstan. Whoever I haven't heard from by Sunday night gets replaced - I'll start recruiting in the main FF thread on SA at that point.

I have several items of business to attend to here but #1 is the draft. Since I can set custom draft order round-by-round, and given the voting, we'll follow the rules as stated and use MFL's drafting tool to draft. I'll set a reasonable amount of time per pick (probably 90 seconds?). The one thing I'm not sure of is whether a commissioner can pause the draft, such as if an owner decides to initiate a trade of the pick while it's running.

Right now we are favoring Friday the 1st or Saturday the 2nd for drafting. Hixalot doesn't know what his work schedule for September will be yet, but I'll tentatively say Saturday the 2nd at 6PM pacific/9pm Eastern. That's the earliest that Hixalot would be available on his current schedule, and hopefully not too late for goons on the east coast, given it's a saturday.

Note that Monday, Sept. 5th is Labor Day.

If anyone definitely can't draft on that date/time, now is a good time to speak up!

I will lock rosters 1 week before the draft day. So right now, that'd mean you can't drop anyone between Saturday, August 27th and the draft; you can drop players during the draft I guess, and after the draft for sure; those players go into the first FAAB waiver cycle which I'll set to begin immediately after the draft.

Obviously we need to work out the details of the practice/taxi squad, which I'll do in the next few days. The dues will be $25 plus your share of the MFL fees (which this year amounts to a few bucks each - I'll look up the exact amount in a bit). I will also do a quick poll on the handful of items that some of you suggested/raised during the last poll. Other than that I think we're starting to look good for the season!

Just for the record, Friday is the 2nd and Saturday is the 3rd. I should be able to make that day and time though, will switch shifts at work if I have to.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Payment sent

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Obviously I benefit from it, but I would vote for suspended players being able to be on IR.

Not heartbroken regardless which way it goes.

Edit: citing the precedent that the wording says if they're OUT they may be placed on the IR list.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Did we reach verdict on suspended players and IR? It might affect my roster moves prior to add/drop deadline

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I think suspended players should require a roster spot. If they are worth keeping, they are worth paying in salary and using up a roster spot. If its a tossup for you, drop them and hope no one else picks them up.

We couldnt put suspended people on IR last year because its not an actual injury, so we should just keep the status quo in my opinion.

In light of Spermy Smuffs digging and quoted post from last year, I will also change my vote to no suspended players on the IR. I somehow missed that post.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Edit: quoted wrong post

Leperflesh, I'd be interest in swinging a deal for Miller if we could work something out

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Excited for draft tomorrow. Sadly no voice chat for me, I was switched to a closing shift so will be at work until 830 pacific, so...yay for phone drafting via app!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Javorius Allen is available if there's any interest, need a TE

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Whatcha want? I cant even field two starting running backs yet.

I really need a TE, sent offer for old man Whitten, but if you have a better idea I'm open

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Dont think I can do that, Witten is my starting TE.

Allen is what? 3rd in depth? Dixon and someone ahead?

On a side note, all out of whiskey, so I swapped to brandy.

He's the passing downs back for sure, and I figured at least a timeshare. He was pretty good at a lot of times last year. It's all good though, I'm fairly comfortable with my team really just not looking for much beyond TE & maybe QB

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
We survived another draft (mostly)! Huzzah!

Good luck everyone (except the weeks you play me)!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I'm still having a hard time reconciling starting both Gurley and AP and getting < 8 pts combined from them...I mean not the biggest problem on team but still.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Since I got beaten to the attempted steal claim, Leper if you aren't planning on promoting Sharpe and would rather get something for him, shoot me a trade offer.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah don't neglect your IDP choices, they matter. A lot of leagues have a token IDP guy or two who rarely score above like 12 points using their settings. I don't see the point. In this league, there's a genuine difference between different players and you really do need to pay attention to your guys, matchups, etc. and watch the free agents list for emerging stars.

Or you can be me and have two typically top 10 LB's and have one give you a 0 in week 1 and the other give you a 0 in week 2 despite playing every defensive snap

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

Start the clock!

Jordan Howard plays for the Chicago Bears, who are scheduled to play on Sunday. This is more than 72 hours from now, so this is a valid claim.
Note that "You attempt to steal a player by posting in this thread, as well as sending messages via the MFL interface to both the owner of the player, and all three commissioners." So please send messages to myself, Hixalot, and Spermy Smurf (the three commisioners). Hixalot owns the Hawk Hunters so that will satisfy the requirement.

Hixalot, you have 48 hours to respond, either by accepting the steal, or by committing to start Jordan Howard this Sunday.

Here's the taxi squad stealing rules. I keep forgetting to do it so I'm going to add those rules to our rules document right now.

I will commit to starting him.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Trying out the zero starting RB strategy this week!

That's a bold strategy!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
How do I have three QB's, none of which I want to start this week?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Congrats Ash Ketchum!

Go me for the second straight year starting out dog poo poo and finishing on a hot streak?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah you can drop guys, just no adds or trades.

I am gonna lock everything tonight, though, per my post last week.

e. Actually I don't see anything wrong with allowing trades during the offseason, does anyone else?

I'm good with allowing off-season trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Seems a bad time to do it, but not sure there's a good time, I'm not going to be able to continue with the league. Promotion at work and new responsibilities on some other outside of work activities means I won't be able to do multiple leagues this year.

Sorry guys, have enjoyed it massively.