Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think there is a bad time to catch up to dungeon meshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess they aren't gonna leave after all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's a tsuchigumo and they are all super japanese. connect the dots, dude.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
masked dude, no. don't air the dirty laundry in front of the professional poo poo-stirrer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, they have a new, larger party! looks like the delicious adventure will continue!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, they were about 30 seconds from deciding to go search for farlyn again with their new, larger party instead of escaping. farlyn just skipped some steps, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I think everyone would have appreciated getting the drop on Farlyn in her current state than the other way around.

that was probably never going to happen. the terrain was reshaping itself to help her and hinder intruders.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if they had every advantage, a second trip to go find farlyn was never going to end well for obvious reasons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, this is terrible! all the cute japanese girls have left.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
senshi's is obvious, but i wonder which is which for the other two laius?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i feel like the accurate copies of the others are mostly chilchack's

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That was a great chapter. To me, it feels like Marcille's is obviously the deranged one that must consume while Senshi and Chilchak's could interchangeably be the giant macho one and the dopey passive one. Edit: but now that you mention it, if Senshi really does feel like all tall folk look alike he would be the one to mess up the faces and proportions badly for them while getting a better quality Chilchak double.

Also, did anyone catch what happened on page eight? I'm re-reading all the recent chapters to make sure it's not just my imagination.

ha, that's probably the missing ninja girl.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope this new party member lasts longer than the others

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so she was only in the japan party because the wing sleeve woman put a curse on her?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the dream she remembered was wonderful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he wants to meet interesting new smells and then eat them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, he's not excited in the usual way so she's mostly right.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
izutsumi is not terribly trustworthy. she is a lazy, violent liar. if the goal was to make her useful rather than befriend her, a magic collar is kind of understandable. it's still pretty nasty though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm the elf that scoffs at your primitive human concept of modesty

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Except that those protagonists usually still get the job done.

You have to be astoundingly horny to be rejected as a possibility.

those were obviously sent by an agency with lower standards

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's nothing innately bad about isekai, but the scum definitely rises to the top

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I'll take the opposing stance that there is.

whoa, that's a super harsh take on the lion, the witch and the wardrobe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Even in the ones I've liked I've started getting upsetti at how many times the medieval fantasy people are amazed at the hero for inventing shampoo.

the concept of a person from an enlightened, superior society (lol) introducing the products of that society to a less developed one is old as hell. trashy old pulp fiction about white saviors are exactly the same as those wn's where some kid with absolutely no talents or specialized knowledge finds fame and fortune based on such traits as 'has black hair', 'lives in a house', or 'owns a cell phone'. the isekai part is just window dressing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not an innately flawed concept but it appeals a lot to innately flawed people

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is great when it is obvious that the author doesn't have the slightest idea of how to cook. so, their stand-in then has the most amazing ability to roast meat over a campfire out of nowhere which wows the degenerate natives who spent their entire lives roasting meat over a campfire.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I like the cooking for Fenrir one because it's moreso about new spices and stuff, like teriyaki chicken and whatnot.

Also it's environmentally friendly! All that trash has to go somewhere :3:

i like how he doesn't really know how to make sweets so he just buys convenience store junk food instead. said junk food gets equal reactions to his hand-made meals using fresh and occasionally literally magic ingredients.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kumoko fulfills the most important wish of all- she has numbers and the numbers go up!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she doesn't really have a harem, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

All the guys are 90 year olds in magical bishonen bodies that treat her like a toddler.

What was the isekai where the nerd and her cute best friend go together? The nerd gets the powers but tries to keep her friend in the limelight due to preconceived notions (of both the people in the world and her own) of what the hero should look like.

exactly, none of them are potential love interests at all. even the adventurer boy is treated more like a pet than her actual pet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I remember when stories of characters stumbling into different worlds were about adventure and wonder rather than video game mechanics.

nostalgia is always worthless, but yours is worth even less than most. i spent my teens with incredibly low standards for fantasy fiction. at some points i was reading multiple fantasy novels every day. the lack of video game bullshit did not somehow make garbage fiction any better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that was probably my favorite chapter thus far

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even when izutsumi is reverted to a childlike state she's still a huge brat

this manga is really doing justice to the idea of a cat-human hybrid

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Oh, poo poo, I thought the bakarina author went missing. Was worried.

We'll, I guess I'm still worried for that other author.

bakarina is already completed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's managing average grades with a bunch of geniuses working hard to prop her up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the bad CGI fits with the theme of being in a computer game world?

it's not in a game world, it's in a fantasy world with game stuff pasted over the top because of a giant nerd.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gee, i can't imagine why that fantasy kingdom wanted to get rid of him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's completely dedicated to the idea that the slime will never lose anything, ever. a subordinate dies? well, gotta go butcher an army, bring that subordinate back to life and also make them literally unkillable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

Spirit Migration was pretty much fine but it got axed, and the ending is pretty abrupt.

E: Slime Guy is a trashy dumb manga but it's still better than most isekai because it's neither hateful nor rapey nor slave-obsessed.

it isn't vile but it isn't interesting either. there's never anything at risk because the author abhors risk. i'd say it is equivalent to the wn where an adventurer retires and then it is about the completely sincere and humorless process by which he buys a house and furniture.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HenryEx posted:

excuse me, it's called "It's my life" and it owns

no, that's the one with humor and drama and charming characters.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/an-a-ranked-adventurers-slow-living/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the manga is superior to the ln because it features Cute Spider Posing