Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Echo/memory of that dark elf from the last chapter seemed significant, like a royal guardian. I think he'll show up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Could be that too, yea. Maybe its not even an echo of a person and reliving the past through paintings is what this guy does for kicks.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This chapter was amazing.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi (38 years old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.

I was curious if this was going to be cute or just really dull, turns out it's a cute one :3:
:laffo:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Haha what's up with that credits page?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Gotta be, everything about her screams 'dwarf'

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Superstring posted:

They're gnomes. With her stocky build, metal knowledge, and strength Namari's definitely a dwarf.
+ Warrior class
+ bushy hair just like Senshi

+ we've already seen a female halfling and dwarf in that other party that keeps dying

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 19, 2015

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Is the credits fanart styled like Etrian Odyssey?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

What kind of loon puts ketchup on pasta.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Let's be honest here. Korean food is a lot better than Japanese food.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I would describe my experiences with Japanese food as "consistently disappointing"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Incidentally, are there any other manga out there that are as clearly D&D-based as Dungeon Meshi. I heard that "Record of the Lodoss War" was basically a retelling of someone's D&D campaign, should I check that out if I liked Dungeon Meshi?
Lodoss manga is ok but you should watch the OVAs, they are classic. Avoid the tv version.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 16, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Haven't gotten that far but sounds unsurprising, life has been too easy for this protagonist

Something about LN writing in general (their attitude and manner of speaking) is sort of obnoxious. It must be a Japanese thing.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 21, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Well, I mean, they're mostly written by nerds as a nerd power fantasy, so yeah. Did you ever read (or read about) Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality? It's basically the same kind of smug fanfiction as most LNs.
I've heard of it.. maybe it is the smug but stuff based on LNs feels different from original comics

Jackard fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 21, 2016

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

It is incredibly similar to Only Sense Online, but with all of the gender-swap weirdness removed.
Finally got around to reading this and I like it better than Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki despite there not being many chapters.

They use similar tricks, but here the main character still relies on others and doesn't coast through the setting effortlessly

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Also I used that same explosive gemstones trick as a cleric in D&D 3.5 - a bag full of moonstones with sonic glyph of warding.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

Chapter 22, here's the page though

Did this setting have some sort of last rites to put spirits to rest? If they can't figure out how to resurrect Farlyn, they might have to opt for possession so she isn't trapped in the Dungeon as a vengeful spirit.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

So the possession bit is probably just trivia and not foreshadowing, then

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Really satisfying. The ritual didn't feel like a copout because of the detail, how it was only possible through their earlier efforts and still had risk of failure

The hair going banshee during casting was a nice touch too.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

There usually is for this sort of thing, but the ritual may have been forbidden based on the enormous sacrifice required or how easily it could be abused.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Well that's just good news! Now she's respecced as a Half-Dragonborn cleric instead of a pure Human cleric! She'll be able to use a breath weapon as a once per encounter power! :v:
https://youtu.be/JGRUxTyiptc?t=85

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It's been "Delicious in Dungeon" right from the start... this is like complaining about "Attack on Titan"

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The author chose that adorable Engrish! At least it's not an LN title

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Maybe this is where they get the quest/geas to deal with the dungeon master. I doubt the ghosts appreciate their eternal prison.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

"Delicious in Dungeon" is still close enough to DnD to count

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Ehh, it's boring.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

When it comes to side characters so far I like Kabru the most

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Nah man hope he sticks around, I like his shitstirring. He's clever but not infallible

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hey, it seems like Sureau's ninja that was following them is also the catgirl from chapter 0?

So the author always planned to have her end up in their group?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 16, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I read this back in middle school, where virtual reality is used for training space colonists and when they end up 'stuck in the game' they were actually sent offworld

Jackard fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 13, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Goddamnit, I should have checked the tags. Only takes half a chapter for poo poo to turn weird

Jackard fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 28, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

tonberrytoby posted:

Also remember that the best isekai story ever has up to 4 transfers, depending on how you count.
Reread it and regain you hope for mankind: https://mangadex.org/chapter/224984/1
Also to reintroduce manga to the manga thread.
drat, this is the one I was gonna link.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

tonberrytoby posted:

The power of the saint is omnipotent. A office lady is summoned to a different world, but the prince thinks the high school girl is the real saint. The MC joins the potions research institute, and lives there happily until she gets confirmed as a saint. A nice and well written story without any big twists, that manages to avoid most of the tropes I dislike:
https://mangadex.org/title/23631/seijo-no-maryoku-wa-bannou-desu
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/seijo-no-maryoku-wa-bannou-desu/
Thanks. I like this one more than Black Healer, it's not as melodramatic.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I Reincarnated as a Rich White Male

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sword Dad isn't terrible and he steals skills

Or is "skill taker" the name of a series?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Hope slime guy anime doesnt end up with bad cgi like spider girl anime

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

I prefer Only Sense Online to VRMMO, but they’re both pretty decent.
Yea I like OSO more.. both feature crafters with pets but Yun teams up while Earth pretty much breezes through everything

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

based on how he's gone through things, it's a game that allows for obscene amounts of customization,
so why does no one else do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Does the church BotL is sperging over play a significant role in the story or is it just a throwaway location?