Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The cooking gods have smiled upon us, because there's new Dungeon Meshi already.

http://bato.to/read/_/343272/dungeon-meshi_v1_ch7_by_everydayheroes-scans/1

I legit felt nauseous reading this chapter.

I read through Sekai Maou, and it's very cute, but it feels... unfocused? I don't get a sense the author has an endgame in mind, or has done much arc planning. It's fun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

A nomination for the OP:

The Hero is Dead!and forty more words of light novel title that is the entire premise

The village idiot accidentally kills the Chosen Hero, and his soul is forcibly jammed into the hero's dead body. He's blackmailed into taking on the Hero's Quest, but is physically, intellectually and morally incapable of it. Features a villain dude who wants to bone yo skeleton. The comic is plenty ridiculous, and the protagonist shows the occasional flash of human decency when he's not lusting after the perfect thighs. There is also a great deal of fanservice in this series.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Best adaptation of The Thing yet. I'm loving Senshi with his eagle-stare and quick-draw cutlery.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm intrigued by the hint of Senshi backstory. It sounds like his family colleagues exiled him, probably for being a very nontraditional dwarf.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Goddamn, what a badass and desperate way to fight a dragon. Best manga.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

This continues to be the best manga. I love the attention to detail in the worldbuilding, the great characters, and the adorable existential horror.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I think he's being shown as a very good manipulator who thinks he's the protagonist. I strongly suspect his ambition is not quite as pure as he says.

I'm really liking the design for the club-wielding Oni girl ( Oni-chan? Sorry ) and the new crew in general.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

...huh. Samurai dude isn't a retcon, he's actually there from the very first pages.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Another chapter of Delicious Dungeon just popped out of the oven.

I'm enjoying seeing the entire extended cast interacting, and there's some great character acting and page layouts in this issue. This is consistently one of the best produced and creative mangas I've seen in years.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Wow, that went from 0-100 uncomfortably fast. Can... can she resurrect fallen monsters? This could get way worse.

Also, the artwork in this series, dang. Beautifully expressive.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Oh my god. I didn't realize that was legitimately fanart at first. That's incredible.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

You wanted more antics from the crew in Delicious in Dungeon?
This week's issue has a triple-helping of your favourite characters.

https://bato.to/reader#c788f73a2f4ec4db

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Man, Kui Ryoko is just killing it. This panel:

- Introduces a new adventuring party of high-minded elves, being interrupted by a rude arrival.
- Shows their internal group dynamic
- Shows how they relate to the world ( see how frightened and angry the locals are )
- Shows the character of each party member
- Hints at new worldbuilding through torn ears, fashion and tattoos
- Reinforces existing worldbuilding with monster trophies and fine food that the protagonists don't have
- Establishes location and moves the story forward.

All in one shot. That is some economical, gorgeous storytelling.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I forgot what thread this was, and I only looked at the url which read sa...ladin.

I can't tell you how disappointed I once discovered you linked to another crappily drawn and written fantasy comic.
One of my favourite gags in the Cromartie High manga is when the series editor meets with the author about a ranking crisis. If they don't raise his comic ranking, the series will be cancelled! Looking at the customer feedback, all the reviews mention the best feature of his work is that it can be quickly skipped. His editor cuts his pages in half, and his monthly ranking skyrockets! Full of enthusiasm now, the editor cuts ALL the pages, and he's never been so popular!

You should take this to heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Isekai's are illustrated LPs of fantasy novels. They're mostly popcorn, but it's not a mortal sin to enjoy them. ...as long as it isn't weird slave popcorn, then it might be

Artificer posted:

Never take anything Bravest of Lamps posts seriously. Just put the lamp into the garbage where it belongs and get a new one.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Best to just ignore him. Via the forums option or just by looking at usernames.