Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Damnit guys, this is why human transmutation alchemy is never a good idea!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Which, the psychopath, or the emaciated samurai? Both are rather crazy

Farlyn DOES look super cool. She's like a harpy-dragon-quelagg chimera.

I just can't stop thinking about how loving awesome of an encounter this would make at the game table! You can just imagine the DM telling everyone to roll for initiative and the players just going apeshit as they realize how totally insane the thing they're going up against is. Several people are completely failing their saving throws. Chaos reigns.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Slime posted:

In a dungeon where people can be resurrected if you get someone who can do the spell to them soon enough, slitting someone's throat probably counts as pacification. Kill them, resurrect them, toss them in a jail cell.

It also lessens the impact of the whole tpk going on right now because you know that they can all get resurrected at some point. Although this deep in the dungeon, it's probably less likely if you get tpk'ed, that anyone will be there soon to drag your corpse out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Slime posted:

Is Laius going to want to eat some harpies? He's wanted to eat humanlike monsters before.

is he going to want to eat farlyn

Tastes just like chicken!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

YES! I've been waiting for this chapter.

Dungeon Meshi, finally.

EDIT: Beaten!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Roll Wisdom (Perception) everyone!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

No direct skill checks, set this up by having each of your players write up a description of their character and everyone else's characters (which only you get to read) a week before the session, do some minor edits for the sake of the doppleganger's introductions and make them work it out on their own.

Whenever one of your players talks in character, assign their dialogue randomly between the player speaking and their dopplegangers.

:perfect: Totally borrowing this next time this comes up in my campaign.

Actually, something a little like this did actually happen. One of my players got abducted during a chaotic battle when the party was split up. I had an idea about his fate that he got replaced by the doppelganger. I had a private one on one talk with the player and asked him if he'd be okay to play as a doppelganger, and he said he was up for it, so he ended up playing as an evil spy replacement for a few sessions, while his real character was just unconscious and imprisoned.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

This chapter Marcille's hair is extremely good.

FTFY

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The thing I like most is how being a picky eater is the triggering point for Senshi.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That's it. We've reached Peak Isekai. This is a manga where Vladimir PutinAlexander Purchinov is sick of riding on all manner of beasts and machines in our world, so he is overjoyed when he goes to another world and is able to ride on fantasy creatures.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dungeon Meshi!

Featuring the sudden appearance of ELVES!! God, they're kind of creepy! I like the one who looks a bit like Marcille but with a funny nose.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I'm the chair the pixie haircut elf is sitting on, twice her size.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ryoko Kui does such a great job of making those elves seem otherworldly and creepy. They're like supposed to be that way in a lot of fantasy, and conventional depictions of them just make them a race of "beautiful Spock ears" people. I love how actually slightly uncanny they look in this depiction.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW: "Despite what she looks, she's over 3000 years old"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I, for one, would really love to see a manga adaptation of the OG isekai LN -- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

That monkeys paw would lead to merlin being a 300yo loli.

Acceptable. The ends justify the means.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

new Dungeon Meshi
god drat god drat god drat so much good stuff.

How I, An Adventurer From A Fantasy World, Died And Woke Up In Another Fantasy World

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

"No! :< "

:kimchi:

Izutsumi is so good. Definitely the best new addition to the team.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dungeon Meshi 47.

This chapter felt a little less detailed and narratively tight or cohesive than the others, but it's by no means bad, especially when you compare it to all the other fantasy manga out there.

Has anyone been following Witch Hat Atelier? The sumptuously detailed, Berserk-like art and easygoing yet clearly broadly plotted style has made it into one of my top pick mangas to follow. The author is great at making each chapter be its own full story, but always leave you with hints at the wider world around. I really love it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Am I the only one that thinks the bad CGI fits with the theme of being in a computer game world?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I will just take any opportunity to call myself cute (because i am).
____________________/

Excellent post/avatar combo. :discourse:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

gmq posted:

Please don't bully me.

*does anyway*

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You mean it's not an X-Files / Konosuba crossover?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dungeon Meshi is the best. Everything that's been said about how clever and well-written its, and the amount of thought that goes into it. The Goodnight Punpun-like familiars that Marcille summoned were drat hilarious this chapter.

Also the map and level of detail in the world really makes me want to play a D&D campaign set in this setting. I think it'd be pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Incelkai.

:fuckoff: