Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Uh, so what happened to Dungeon Meshi? There wasn't a new chapter in like 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There was some speculation that the manga would be ending soon after Farlyns rescue, but I think this chapter proves that its not the case, considering that instead of wrapping things up, there were two new plot-lines set up by the end of this chapter: Whats the deal with Farlyn and fallout for using the forbidden ritual

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mikl posted:

You know what? I agree with how the sociopath handled things here. When a boss-level monster that was formerly your friend is wiping your party and doesn't respond to reason, putting her down is the only solution.

Yeah, that was basically conclusion Laius came to himself, before Monster Farlyn emotionally sucker-punched him with the whole "...Brother Laius!" thing.

Despite everything that happened in the chapter, I still love how Laius's first thought seeing Farlyn was "Wow, you look sooo freaking cool!" :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bailing out of the dungeon and leaving a missing party member who might be wounded or dead behind is seriously not cool. Go and eat a bag of dicks Sureau. :colbert:

On the other hand, I guess Laiuis and co. will be getting a new party member soon, I guess?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Artificer posted:

What, the party went to go look and no one was guarding the wizard? 0/10 unfucking readable.

In their defense, the ambusher was a literal ninja.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really cant wait for those Elves to meet up with Laius and co, and forced to eat a monster dish. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

That was probably one of the dumbest things I have read in my life. :psyduck:

So uhhh.....thanks?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin is a otome villainess isekai where our protagonist decides "hell yeah I'm going to be the best villainess ever". But she sucks at it, so it's good.

(It may sound familiar, both are good)

This isekai subgenre really exploded after Bakatarina, huh....

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
No one is 12-years old and there is no slavery involved, so this is actually pretty healthy relationship by isekai standards.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

that Lady Rose Wants to be a Commoner series that was mentioned has some good promise too. I like that it's kinda anti-bakarina in that she's extremely calculating in GETTING her bad end and dodging love flags when she can.

The art is great, her reactions are fantastic, and check out this god drat face, it's like something out of Animaniacs

Ok this is great. It goes in exactly opposite direction than Bakatarina and yet somehow arrives at the same destination. I also love how the protagonist outright acknowledges that while she had fun "capturing" the targets in the game, she actually can't stand them in "real life", because they seem to be pretty terrible choices (with one possible exception) for actual romantic relationship. And based on the last translated chapter, I fear that our poor heroine accidentally stumbled upon secret harem route. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

:same: